Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Agreed. Where is the "blow up this thread" button?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Toronto Sun has speculated recently that this Toronto group would keep the team in the Buffalo area, if they were to be the successful bidder, simply because that is the only real option. The NFL isn't coming to Toronto anytime soon, folks, whether this group is successful, which I doubt they will be, or not.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    Agreed. Where is the "blow up this thread" button?
    Woo hoo, he blew up real good...Where is Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurock from SCTV when you need them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOIConf3wNI

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Toronto Sun has speculated recently that this Toronto group would keep the team in the Buffalo area, if they were to be the successful bidder, simply because that is the only real option. The NFL isn't coming to Toronto anytime soon, folks, whether this group is successful, which I doubt they will be, or not.
    I don`t think they will be successful as they are going up against a lot of heavy hitters....I`d put the Donald as in Trump on the front of my list, however Terry Pegula, the owner of the Sabres is proven to be a local who`ll put his money where his mouth is.

Rogers is a small time player in the US...even amongst US cable companies like Time Warner, Rogers is viewed as small time.

Anyways how is this story different to what we`ve heard anyway...I guess now it`s official because AP is reporting, but it`s really no surprise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    If the NFL wanted NFL football in Canada, it would have happened long ago. Its not because someone can't afford it or any rules about ownership. If the NFL wants it, they will get it. They don't want it, and they don't need it. Foolish.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Won't happen. I'm a Bears fan now. They know I wouldn't support this team. They hold my opinion in high esteem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Oh and Braley you SUCK you greedy piece of crap.
    You realize you're only calling Braley greedy because you believe media reports from dudes that want the NFL to come to Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    bring on the Toronto Rough Priders

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:

Level
    I"M F'ING FED UP AND SICK OF THE 25 PLUS YEARS OF NFL IN TO BULLSHITE! I could care less and just another swift kick in the bag to Argo fans when we're at such a low point in the teams history. Oh and Braley you SUCK you greedy piece of crap.
    As a Lions fan I can tell you that Braley is considered the saviour of the franchise in B.C. He had to pump lots of his own $ into the team and absorb loses before finally making any $. And they are not all that profitable as actual return on investment is not causing anyone to break down the doors to line up and buy the Lions.

The previous Argo owners are the ones to point a carpet bagging finger at imo

Also it is pretty hard to be greedy when you own a team that doesn't have enough ticket buying fans and there are mo other billionaires stepping up to own the team.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Dude has given up and not doing anything. He wanted future money from all Toronto Grey Cups as part of a sale term. That is greed. I'm done with thanking this guy, those days are done. He is now sinking the franchise. The whole scene in TO is a mess. They'll be showing his face during the game tonight. Argo fans barely know what this guy looks like.

In my mind if they do end up at BMO that is a huge step backward and the second coming of the mistake by the lake as they called CNE Stadium. Fall games when wind and pissing rain come off the lake are SHITE! Been there done that drunken sloppy crap and to go back would blow. Not sure I'd have seasons for that. I sat though the 82 Grey Cup (Toilet Bowl) in the uncovered endzone. What a wet crappy gongshow that was. Many other horrible games that are drilled into my head.

Still difficult to imagine that no seriously rich Argo fan Torontonian has stepped up. They should have went with Hazel and her Trillium Dome in Mississauga back in the day instead of Skydome. The Argos would have done well and making money because Hazel has Mississauga as one of the richest muni's in North America. She just states that she doesn't believe in debt. All water under the bridge and the Argos haven't been run very well historically.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:

Level
    Dude has given up and not doing anything. He wanted future money from all Toronto Grey Cups as part of a sale term. That is greed. I'm done with thanking this guy, those days are done. He is now sinking the franchise. The whole scene in TO is a mess. They'll be showing his face during the game tonight. Argo fans barely know what this guy looks like.

In my mind if they do end up at BMO that is a huge step backward and the second coming of the mistake by the lake as they called CNE Stadium. Fall games when wind and pissing rain come off the lake are SHITE! Been there done that drunken sloppy crap and to go back would blow. Not sure I'd have seasons for that. I sat though the 82 Grey Cup (Toilet Bowl) in the uncovered endzone. What a wet crappy gongshow that was. Many other horrible games that are drilled into my head.

Still difficult to imagine that no seriously rich Argo fan Torontonian has stepped up. They should have went with Hazel and her Trillium Dome in Mississauga back in the day instead of Skydome. The Argos would have done well and making money because Hazel has Mississauga as one of the richest muni's in North America. She just states that she doesn't believe in debt. All water under the bridge and the Argos haven't been run very well historically.

The Comish is on record as wanting the Argos to move to BMO field BUT if it is as bad as you say it is then maybe Braley is doing the right thing by not laying down for MLSE and selling at their price.

Since you admit no rich Argo fan Torontonian has (or ever will) step up and buy the Argos maybe a seriously rich CFL fan from Hamilton will step up and pay the Argos bills...oh wait he already has.

BTW if BMO Field is no good, where would you have your imaginary Toronto Argo fan Billionaire build his stadium with his own money?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Right now i'd say Braley and Sherwood Schwartz are neck and neck for the worst Argo owners of my lifetime
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level

Bon Jovi intends to keep Bills in Buffalo

This is getting interesting now. We are now entering into the realm of lying. Are we now to believe that Tannenbaum and Rogers want to run a franchise in New York state (if not Buffalo proper). If this isn't a bid for a Toronto NFL team why are the two "Canadians" involved? Or is this the opening salvo in an expansion bid whereby this bid is just to show they are good little frat boys patiently waiting to be initiated into the club.

Bon Jovi boycott in Buffalo should have a twin Rogers boycott in Canada.

Bon Jovi intends to keep Bills in Buffalo
    Associated Press August 3, 2014

CANTON, Ohio — Jon Bon Jovi is hoping he’s written a hit with Buffalo Bills fans in a bid to stem concerns of whether his prospective ownership group plans to buy and potentially relocate the franchise to Toronto.

In a letter published by the Buffalo News on Sunday, Bon Jovi wrote that it’s his ownership group’s objective "to make the Bills successful in Buffalo." The letter, titled "Why We’re Bidding on the Buffalo Bills," marks the first time the New Jersey rocker has publicly discussed his plans regarding the franchise.

The team is for sale after Hall of Fame owner Ralph Wilson died in March.

"There has been a lot of conjecture, so we think it’s important to clarify our intentions to the fans of the team and people of Buffalo," Bon Jovi wrote. "I know how much the Bills mean to the people of this region. So I want you to hear this from me: I’m not risking it all to let you down. If we are given the chance to be the next owners of the Buffalo Bills, I promise you that we will bring the same passion that you do every Sunday, every day."

Calling it his intention to "carry on Ralph Wilson’s legacy" in Buffalo, Bon Jovi said his group is committed to working with state and local officials and the business community to identify a new stadium site in the region.

At no point in the seven-paragraph letter does Bon Jovi name his two partners or mention they are both from Toronto. His group is rounded out by Larry Tanenbaum, chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, and the Rogers family which controls Rogers Communications.

The Toronto group’s intentions have been met with skepticism in Buffalo.

Two weeks ago, Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz told The Associated Press that he has no doubts regarding the group’s long-term intentions to move the team to Toronto.

Under their lease that runs through the 2022, the Bills are essentially locked into playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium through the 2019 season. There is a one-time exception that would allow them to break the agreement for just under $28.4 million in 2020.

The deal also includes a strict non-relocation clause in which the Bills — including Wilson’s estate — are not allowed to negotiate with anyone, who to their knowledge, has an intention of relocating the team during the term of the lease.

The Bills Fan Alliance, a group of fans and business leaders, questioned Bon Jovi’s intentions in a statement released Sunday.

"While we appreciate his sentiment, it’s worth noting that nowhere in his letter does he write or directly state that he will ‘not move the Bills from Buffalo,"’ wrote the Alliance’s directors, Matt Sabuda, Brian Cinelli and Steve Brady.

The group urged Bon Jovi to back up his statements with actions by signing a binding pre-purchase agreement to waive the one-year buyout clause.

"Anything short of formal action taken on their part will be viewed as nothing more than rhetoric," the Alliance directors wrote.

Fans have also organized a ban on Bon Jovi music being played in Buffalo. The group has printed T-shirts and posters with the motto: "Bon Jovi Free Zone."

Numerous fans were spotted wearing the shirts and carrying placards at the Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies on Saturday night, when former Bills receiver Andre Reed was among the seven inductees.

Reed is a member of the Fan Alliance. He drew cheers during his induction speech by saying: "Oh yeah, and the Bills will stay in Buffalo, too."

NHL Buffalo Sabres owner Terry and Kim Pegula and New York real estate mogul Donald Trump are also in the running to buy the Bills.

Prospective groups are set to begin making formal bids to buy the team in the coming weeks. A potential owner could be identified by as early as Labor Day.

The Bills most recently were valued by Forbes at $870 million but are expected to sell for at least $1 billion, partly because NFL teams rarely go on the market.

In his letter, Bon Jovi noted his interest in buying an NFL franchise grew when he founded the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League. He sold his interests in the team a few years ago.

"My family and I are prepared to make this life-changing commitment to be part of the Bills," Bon Jovi wrote. "This is not a hobby or an acquisition. Building a winner on and off the field will be job one, and I intend to spend as much time on the ground in Buffalo as needed to accomplish that goal."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    There is no chance of this happening as BJ and his so called group will not win and in fact everything I read is they have the least amount of cash in the bid.
    Likely have not made it to the next round.
    Like having said many times before and for those in the know, the NFL commish and the politicians will NOT allow the team to leave.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    There is no chance of this happening as BJ and his so called group will not win and in fact everything I read is they have the least amount of cash in the bid.
    Like having said many times before and for those in the know, the NFL commish and the politicians will NOT allow the team to leave.
    Furthermore, Bon Jovi and friends have to say that they will keep the team in the Buffalo area. If they say otherwise, they are automatically disqualified from the process IIRC. I really doubt that this letter will change many minds in the Buffalo area about what the ultimate goals are of Bon Jovi and his Toronto friends.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If I was a Bills fan I'd be more worried about Trump than Jovi

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bon Jovi may not need to tour Buffalo anymore as he has a love affair with performing at the ACC, but he does want to sell more records and CD's in Western New York. Remember he is a musician, first and foremost who wants to push his product. The bad PR can't be helping sales....we have not seen a good record burning since Disco Demolition night at Comiskey Park in 1979, or all those Beatle records being burned in the southern US Bible Belt.

Could you imagine Buffalo dj's asking Bills fans to bring your Bo Jovi Cd's and vinyl records to Niagara square or the Ralph...lol

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I've heard that too...if the Bills were to move, there would be no NFL team that would be playing in New York State as the Jets and Giants share a stadium in New Jersey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Musicians, especially "stadium rockers" like Bon Jovi, make most of their money these days from live performance. I really doubt that Bon Jovi is worried about a threat to CD sales in upstate New York.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    These stories that the bid of Bon Jovi's group is far behind Pegula's may be true, but I'm not believing anything until this whole thing is over.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    It truly is time for these folks to give up on the NFL in Toronto nonsense. There was a poll a week or two ago on CFTO which had interesting results. Obviously, it was not a scientific poll by any means but only about a third of those participating in the poll want the Bills in Toronto. The other two-thirds do not. I think that the NFL in Toronto people overestimate the appetite for live NFL football in Toronto and it would be wise for them to give up on that and focus on more productive endeavours that could really help the city.