Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Barker FA status updates

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=442005

"We'd like to have him back and we're still working on it," Barker said Thursday. "But we'll have to see what happens."
    On Zach Collaros

Collaros is one of 10 potential Toronto free agents, a list that includes kicker Swayze Waters, linebacker Robert McCune and cornerback Pat Watkins. Barker isn't sure if he'll be able to re-sign any of those players before Feb. 15.
    "We're trying," he said. "But they all want to go look at it and you have to let them."

On some of the other free agents.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Mmmmmm...... Are these the risks of having a hall of fame QB?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    For me, the two key signings are Collaros and Waters.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    For me, the two key signings are Collaros and Waters.
    Personally don't see a chance that Collaros stays in Toronto, too many other options to start and make more cash.
    Anxious to see what Portis shows in camp to push Harris to be #2 behind Ray.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Honestly my main concern to keep would be Waters and McCune.

But thats just me....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Personally don't see a chance that Collaros stays in Toronto, too many other options to start and make more cash.
    Anxious to see what Portis shows in camp to push Harris to be #2 behind Ray.
    I agree. Offer Collaros a nice contract but the reality is that someone else will be able to offer him something that the Argos cannot and that is an opportunity to start.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    My big fear is Watkins. He's the best they have in the secondary. Plus his height is such an advantage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Mmmmmm...... Are these the risks of having a hall of fame QB?
    I don't think so. Montreal did well with signing FA's with Calvillo being at the helm all those years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    There's more than a 50-50 chance that Collaros will be gone unfortunately. Both Winnipeg and Ottawa can offer him the chance to start and potentially a more lucrative contract than Argos. The same can also be said to a lesser degree for both Calgary and Edmonton. The real wild card is if Hamilton do not resign Burris, who is also a FA; he can go elsewhere or Hamilton decide to go with youth. I'm sure the Ti-Cats would love to land him.

Collaros is sitting in a very good position for himself.

Of the remaining 3 QB's, based on skillset, college careers and a tiny sample of Argos playing time, I believe that Gale has by far the best potential. Nice position for the Argos, I believe.
    One oar still in the water !

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:

Level
    it would be nice if collaros could stay and i personally think it would be a smart move on his behalf.yes winnipeg and ottawa could offer more money and maybe a chance to start more so in winnipeg.burris,ray,AC may have helped winnipeg win a couple of games but it was a bad situation and who knows how much better it will be.point is it could kill his career.in toronto he knows the system and i think he needs another year to improve his skills.i love ray but i cringe everytime he gets hit.my guess is if he stays he will start as many games if not more than last year.than we will see if he is indeed worth starter money.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    My big fear is Watkins. He's the best they have in the secondary. Plus his height is such an advantage.

I would have agreed with you a year ago.
    Last year it was feast or famine with him and overall a below average performance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Collaros has only one chance to start in the league. Winnipeg. Ottawa has it's QB's and won't give him starter pay at this stage.

Then again. He may be a defacto starter in Toronto with Ray missing half a season every season now. Plus it's a system that makes him look better than he is. (Milo has made Ray look better than he ever has)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Milo has made Ray look better than he ever has
    I desagree with this. When Ray first came into the league in Edmonton, he was fantastic. His numbers in Edmonton got worse towards the end, because they were just plain and simple a bad team. They sure haven't turned it around since he left.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Collaros has only one chance to start in the league. Winnipeg. Ottawa has it's QB's and won't give him starter pay at this stage.

Then again. He may be a defacto starter in Toronto with Ray missing half a season every season now. Plus it's a system that makes him look better than he is. (Milo has made Ray look better than he ever has)
    For the record, RR missed four of 18 games in 2012, and one of those he was a healthy scratch to prep for playoffs. In 2011 he played all 18 games for Edmonton. The notion that he routinely misses half a season is simply not based on fact.

As for where ZC has a chance to start, Hamilton is right up there with Wpg, IMO. Austin is giving off a lot of hints that he doesn't want Burris back, including the fact that no negots have been held with him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    For the record, RR missed four of 18 games in 2012, and one of those he was a healthy scratch to prep for playoffs. In 2011 he played all 18 games for Edmonton. The notion that he routinely misses half a season is simply not based on fact.

As for where ZC has a chance to start, Hamilton is right up there with Wpg, IMO. Austin is giving off a lot of hints that he doesn't want Burris back, including the fact that no negots have been held with him.
    I agree with your take on Collaros and, indeed, Austin. I expect ZC to sign with Hamilton and be given every opportunity to start immediately.
    ZC - as would you or I - will certainly prefer at this juncture to launch his starting QB career with Hamilton as opposed to Winnipeg.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

I doubt Collaros would automatically pass LeFevour - who Austin might be quite high on - as the new starter in Hamilton if Burris is history.

Winnipeg seems to make the most sense for Collaros - especially if O'Shea likes him - as they have most need at starting QB; I'd put Ottawa up there too, but the new regime there may be stupid enough to view / hand the job to Glenn as a starter with Demarco and whoever else they can find as development guys. Collaros should be up for competing for starter job/money after his impressive play last season, and a team will have to pay. A team with most need should be paying the most, as compared to other teams who want a guy just to be in the mix on the depth chart.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I see Collaros landing in Hamilton, pretty decent team and Austin (like Milanovich) will get the best out him.
    I also don't think Kent Austin is all that enthused with Henry at this point in his career.
    Collaros is head and shoulders better than any QB currently on Hamilton's roster.
    I also seriously doubt Watkins will return as well after the season he had last year (personal issues and all). Look for even more changes on defence McCune etc, this is why I think Barker needs to score a couple of free agents (with CFL experience) in February!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I desagree with this. When Ray first came into the league in Edmonton, he was fantastic. His numbers in Edmonton got worse towards the end, because they were just plain and simple a bad team. They sure haven't turned it around since he left.

respectfully disagree.

while i believe that Ray had more physicality in his game when he first broke in and that he was undoubtably an upper-echelon QB from the get go, what we saw last season (and the final games of the prior season) was for me a new evolution of Ray.

when he first went down with injury wasn't he well north of 70% and had something like 15 TD to 0 INTs? and then when he came back he had games where he was virtually perfect over the space of a game. Ray's maturity mixed with the system he's employed in has brought him to a new level, imo.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post

respectfully disagree.

while i believe that Ray had more physicality in his game when he first broke in and that he was undoubtably an upper-echelon QB from the get go, what we saw last season (and the final games of the prior season) was for me a new evolution of Ray.

when he first went down with injury wasn't he well north of 70% and had something like 15 TD to 0 INTs? and then when he came back he had games where he was virtually perfect over the space of a game. Ray's maturity mixed with the system he's employed in has brought him to a new level, imo.
    I hope my post didn't come off as looking like I think Ray has regressed over his career. I just believe he was as good as a rookie as he is now. I remember watching him back then and just being in utter amazement at how he saw the entire field. It was something that you just didn't see from a rookie QB (and usually even a vet). IMO, his strength is his ability to read the field and always stay calm...something he has had from his first snap in this league.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    I find this all very strange. I know what Barker has said about the situation, but I have never seen such a dearth of signings and re-signings in all my decades of following the CFL. Here we are in February and absolutely none of the 10 ( now 9) soon to be free agents have signed. None of the vacant coaching positions ( other than DC Burke ) have been filled . Only 2 new additions have been signed to the team.
    It's almost as if everything is on hold pending the purchase/non-purchase by MLSE.
    I am sure that the complete lack of a training camp site and practice facility are on hold pending the sale. Where do the Argos train/practice if the MLSE deal falls through ?
    Does anyone else have this same feeling ?
    One oar still in the water !