Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Watkins has gone AWOL. Waters, Rempel and Xander Robinson had NFL opportunities (kind of surprised). Something at York may be done regarding practice facility?
    Hopefully, all of the above, and Bradwell, return. I was impressed by Robinson whenever he played. Who knows what's up with Watkins, really. Waters makes an NFL team, I'd wager. McCune's return would be a positive, however the Horton Plan sounds like a plan, if the interior of the D line is strong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bradwell, just resigned--good signing --solid player and very good special teams player

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Hopefully, all of the above, and Bradwell, return. I was impressed by Robinson whenever he played. Who knows what's up with Watkins, really. Waters makes an NFL team, I'd wager. McCune's return would be a positive, however the Horton Plan sounds like a plan, if the interior of the D line is strong.
    I don't expect Watkins back in T.O this season, good player but disappeared a couple of times last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Who replaced McCune in the East final? - Barker says Horton is a "natural" MLB ? - but his college bio says he switched from safety to linebacker when he got to USC, and wasn't Manti (tall) Tales, or whatever his name is, the star MLB at USC ?

And I really hope Watkins isn't hiding out from the Argos cause he's been plotting to join Steinauer with the Pussycats (as McCullough did last year as a FA); because that move would really hurt: strengthens the Cats where they need real help, and weakens the Argos further where they cannot afford it.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 02-10-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Oh no, not only Waters but now we hear about Rempel.
    Two of the crucial parts in the punting department.
    If Waters leaves, no one can replace his incredible hang time and ever improving field goals.
    Here is the latest.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/10...e-agency-looms

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Who replaced McCune in the East final? - Barker says Horton is a "natural" MLB ? - but his college bio says he switched from safety to linebacker when he got to USC, and wasn't Manti (tall) Tales, or whatever his name is, the star MLB at USC ?

And I really hope Watkins isn't hiding out from the Argos cause he's been plotting to join Steinauer with the Pussycats (as McCullough did last year as a FA); because that move would really hurt: strengthens the Cats where they need real help, and weakens the Argos further where they cannot afford it.
    Generally I'm not enthralled with convert-a-player projects, and may simply be tired of feeling a tad pessimistic (*) about the team (though it's early days yet).
    Also, 215 lbs. seems light for a MLB these days, even in the CFL. (A quick search didn't reveal the CFL average.) McCune weighs a solid 30 lbs. more.

(*) For example, the field has lately, repeatedly, tilted in favour of the Ti-Cats vs. the Argos. As you note there has been speculation that Watkins may jump to Hamilton and, indeed, "that move would strengthen the Cats where they need real help, and weaken the Argos where they cannot afford it".

Good to hear that Bradwell has inked another contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I liked Horton as an aggressive play-making newcomer to the Argo D last year - and playing that hybrid DE or front 7 guy in Jones' D; however - just curious about Barker calling him a "natural" MLB who will be "very, very good" there in the CFL? - and the reporter can't connect his own dots about McCune missing in the play-off last season with the Ticats finding holes there ... ? IF - McCune cannot be re-signed (or is not wanted back) - that leaves an obvious hole at MLB; maybe Horton is the guy, but there should be lots of competition in TC (why can't Tonye-Tonye or Yurichuck get a shot there? - maybe Greenwood is signed; other new import FAs; some good MLB prospects up this draft too IMO ?). Of course though - good ole pencilling-in never happens, right AV ? ;o)

Not really worried about the Pussycats that much - even if they sign Watkins. Big-time over-rated on the basis of getting to the GC last year thanks to an epic Argo dumb-@$$ melt-down. Gotta give Kent-boy some credit as an HC - leads the Riders to a GC win there and then takes Hamilton to the GC; BUT - i believe he may be quite over-rated too as a HC; we shall see and he may prove me quite wrong with an even better Ticat season upcoming - hitched to Collaros as QB ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I think that Watkins will head to Edmonton if he signs anywhere but Toronto. It is also possible that he might just retire. And let's all remember that we still have the best QB in the east which, on its own, will take us far.

I liked Horton as an aggressive play-making newcomer to the Argo D last year; however - just curious about Barker calling him a "natural" MLB who will be "very, very good" there in the CFL? - and the reporter can't connect his own dots about McCune missing in the play-off last season with the Ticats finding holes there ... ? IF - McCune cannot be re-signed (or is not wanted back) - that leaves an obvious hole at MLB; maybe Horton is the guy, but there should be lots of competition in TC (why can't Tonye-Tonye or Yurichuck get a shot there? - maybe Greenwood is signed; other new import FAs; some good MLB prospects up this draft too IMO ?).

Not really worried about the Pussycats that much - even if they sign Watkins. Big-time over-rated on the basis of getting to the GC last year thanks to an epic Argo dumb-@$$ melt-down. Gotta give Kent-boy some credit as an HC - leads the Riders to a GC win there and then takes Hamilton to the GC; BUT - i believe he may be quite over-rated too as a HC; we shall see and he may prove me quite wrong with an even better Ticat season upcoming - hitched to Collaros as QB ?
    Did they fail on defence in the EF because they were missing McCune though? His absence did not help but the Ticats were able to exploit the Toronto defence all season and we all had concerns with that defence late in the season and heading into the playoffs. Horton will be a candidate for the MLB job but there will certainly be competition for that spot, especially with a new defensive coordinator in the mix.

As for the Ticats, that is a team that could go either way IMO. I am not totally sold on Austin as Hamilton's saviour either, OV. Also, who knows how Collaros will fit in with that offence? He will certainly be facing an enormous amount of pressure there.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I expect that we'll be able to field a pretty good team again this year even with some unexpected departures. As Ravi said, as long as we have Ray we'll be competitive. The current chaos is more entertaining than concerning. I think the fact that we can't even *find* Watkins is hilarious, and a fine example of the crazy-yet-wonderful stuff that only seems to happen in the CFL!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    wasn't Manti (tall) Tales, or whatever his name is, the star MLB at USC ?
    No, he played at Notre Dame.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    No, he played at Notre Dame.

Ooops - yeah -was Horton the starting MLB at USC in his final season there ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Ooops - yeah -was Horton the starting MLB at USC in his final season there ?
    No, from doing a Google search, he lost his starting linebacker job in his senior season at USC. He actually started his university career as a safety but was moved to linebacker for his final three seasons. It seems as though he played weak side linebacker at USC.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Post Rumour Mill: McCune likely to test free agent market

Rumour Mill: McCune likely to test free agent market:

http://cfl.ca/article/2014-free-agency-rumour-mill

#Argos LB Robert McCune will likely hit FA. TOR told him they wouldnt re-sign w/o all def coaches. McCune is thinking about options #CFLFA14

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/sta...47403576029184

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Watkins returned to school to finish his degree. I don't think he has an agent, since it seems the Argos have tried to get into contact with him. I don't think he'll be signed today. Does he even know that it is free agency today? Unrelated but no one mentioned it before but Watkins was mentioned by ex-Cowboy & drug dealer Sam Hurd in a SI article in November.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 02-11-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am a huge McCune fan in case you all don't know. I am sick and tired of having guys come for a few years then be sent on their way. McCune, I believe if he had played we would have been better on defence in the east final and may have won. Top defence player in my opinion on the team and had a monster year again. Similar to Kuale but much bigger, their playing style and aggressiveness is what we need on this defence. We all have our favourite players on offence I have mine and on defence. Sometimes we shouldn't let our emotions get the best of us but this really pi##es me off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    Shea Emry to Toronto...does this mean no McCune?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443596

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Wow. I thought Emry was a bit overrated last season and had a worse year than McCune, but his NI status makes him hugely valuable. Now we can start just three NI o-linemen and still have ratio flex.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Shea Emry to Toronto...does this mean no McCune?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443596

Probably not, read Post # 54 in this Thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Hmmm - interesting; shows a few things maybe: Emry played for both Burke and Millanovich before = coaches often bring in their guys - players they know & like from before; McCune was maybe more of a Jones guy (played for him in Calgary right ?) - and i guess this means McCune will not be back ? Emry would have cost quite a few $M$ bucks - so limits some other potential signings - and maybe they have written off getting Greenwood (Emry has proven he can play well at MLB in the CFL; Greenwood is unproven there (though i bet might be as good or better?) = Emry pencilled in as the starting MLB? - with NI back-ups in Tonye-Tonye or Yurichuck ; but what about Shane Horton who Braker said is "going to be" a great MLB ? - maybe he plays OLB in a Burke defence ? Greenwood comes free and then what - no way they pay him big CFL bucks and have him and Emry with only one starting on D - unless one could be moved to OLB? I guess Greenwood would be a nice tradeable commodity to have.

As far as the knee-jerk roster/ratio reaction with Emry - a NI ratio "buster" or however the cliche goes - meaning lets hand starting jobs to imports elsewhere: could be i guess / whatever. But I'd be in favor or real TC competition deciding these things rather than pre-determined you know what. Just like - IF Horton is this great MLB like Barker says - maybe he wins the MLB job in TC; Emry isn't going to be paid big bucks to be a back-up or special teamer, but he could be cut or a tradeable commodity as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Post Argos add free agent canadian ol scott mitchell

ARGOS ADD FREE AGENT CANADIAN OL SCOTT MITCHELL:

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argo...scott-mitchell