Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Playoffs aside, not deserving.

His team struggled badly without Sheets & he was unable to adjust. That's what coaching is.

His whole playbook vs every team was
    Play 1: Hand the ball to Sheets
    Play 2: Hand off to Sheets
    Play 3: Fumble the ball, lands in Sheets hands.
    Play 4: Dressler will push off the defender, he's open!

We all know how much Rider Fans would have cried if it was anybody else. 2013 was the year they gave everything possible to the Riders, and they will struggle badly without Sheets & Dressler & be exposed for the team they really are.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm surprised it wasn't Kent Austin. Riders were already a decent team a year ago, the Ticats were brutal. Austin did more over the past year then Chamblin

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't Kent Austin. Riders were already a decent team a year ago, the Ticats were brutal. Austin did more over the past year then Chamblin
    I agree with you. I think the criteria for Coach of the Year is more subjective than other awards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Riders had a funny season in 2013. They started off like gangbusters and then really faded over the second half of the season. I really did not think that they would make the Grey Cup at that point but they somehow beat the Lions in the West semi-final despite being outplayed for much of that game and then managed to put their two best games of the season together in the West Final and Grey Cup. I don't think that Chamblin is undeserving of the coach-of-the-year and may be the most deserving of the bunch. Austin did a good job in Hamilton but that is another team that seemed to have some great luck at crucial times. They were outplayed by the Als on three occasions including the East semi-final and somehow found a way to win all of those games.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Playoffs aside, not deserving.

His team struggled badly without Sheets & he was unable to adjust. That's what coaching is.

His whole playbook vs every team was
    Play 1: Hand the ball to Sheets
    Play 2: Hand off to Sheets
    Play 3: Fumble the ball, lands in Sheets hands.
    Play 4: Dressler will push off the defender, he's open!
    We all know how much Rider Fans would have cried if it was anybody else. 2013 was the year they gave everything possible to the Riders, and they will struggle badly without Sheets & Dressler & be exposed for the team they really are.
    And you are so much nicer when you are on Riderfans!
    But most people in SK would not have been surprised or annoyed if Austin had won.

Lets look at Chamblin's playbook compared to Pete Carroll's (both teams were kinda successful)

Play 1: Hand the ball to Sheets - Hand the ball off to Lynch
    Play 2: Hand off to Sheets - Hand the ball off to Lynch again
    Play 3: Fumble the ball, lands in Sheets hands. (c'mon man, that only happened once!)
    Play 4: Dressler will push off the defender, he's open! - Sherman all over the receiver, gets away with alot, intercepts!

It kind of looks like Sheets will be back. He was offered a contract with the Raiders. But since there was little or no money up front he turned them down.
    Replacing Dressler will be tough, but that is what Taman and O'Day are paid to do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    But most people in SK would not have been surprised or annoyed if Austin had won.

Lets look at Chamblin's playbook compared to Pete Carroll's (both teams were kinda successful)

Play 1: Hand the ball to Sheets - Hand the ball off to Lynch
    Play 2: Hand off to Sheets - Hand the ball off to Lynch again
    Play 3: Fumble the ball, lands in Sheets hands. (c'mon man, that only happened once!)
    Play 4: Dressler will push off the defender, he's open! - Sherman all over the receiver, gets away with alot, intercepts!

It kind of looks like Sheets will be back. He was offered a contract with the Raiders. But since there was little or no money up front he turned them down.
    Replacing Dressler will be tough, but that is what Taman and O'Day are paid to do.
    LOL, Sorry. All the candidates were deserving of the nomination., but I felt that the coaching that Huff did with 3 QB's and injuries & how much turnover there was in Hamilton and how well they did considering where much better "Coaching" than a GM stacking a team in the off-season and consisted of what I thought a very narrow playbook.

I pointed out on twitter that the Riders were 0-4 without Sheets, that's the most telling.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    In addition, you get flamed so hard at Riderfans if you even mention that any Rider player wasn't touched by god himself, or is anything less than "the greatest player at that position in the CFL"

You are than called a Rider Hater "Because we are winning" Nope not the case. For the record, I don't think Rider Fans are bad, but there is a collective arrogance and blindness to anything that isn't green from them.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    In addition, you get flamed so hard at Riderfans if you even mention that any Rider player wasn't touched by god himself, or is anything less than "the greatest player at that position in the CFL"

You are than called a Rider Hater "Because we are winning" Nope not the case. For the record, I don't think Rider Fans are bad, but there is a collective arrogance and blindness to anything that isn't green from them.
    I don't think that is unique to Riderfans. Go onto CFLHorsemen and say anything about Lewis, Cornish etc and you will get rode hard. In fact go onto any fans site and dis their players. As for arrogance with a capital A, try Esksfans. The vile spewed there against Saskatchewan is amazing!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I don't think that is unique to Riderfans. Go onto CFLHorsemen and say anything about Lewis, Cornish etc and you will get rode hard. In fact go onto any fans site and dis their players. As for arrogance with a capital A, try Esksfans. The vile spewed there against Saskatchewan is amazing!
    I like to think most of us here are not full-on-homers like on some other sites.

What got me a few weeks ago was a thread where one there suggested that the "Riders should tour the Grey Cup in Calgary & Edmonton" I can't seem to find that thread now but, that's not only pretty low, but to suggest rubbing it in other teams fanbases? Yeah, and some there think people hate the Riders because "They are winning & no longer the lovable losers"