Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Argo O-Line

- lost Eppele to Ottawa in the expansion draft

- added FA Scott Mitchell today

Looking ahead to next season: I think the Argos have the potential for a very good O-Line with lots of depth (very important to keep Ricky Ray upright/healthy). Veterans like Keeping, Van Zeyl (has played both OT & OG), plus Kyle Koch (guy who can play any interior position and a possible solid starter with experience there or at least very good back-up); young import OTs who have CFL experience in Washington and King (i say again - that guy was outstanding at OT last season IMO - hope he is healthy and coming back?); Sir Vincent Rodgers around still too ?; a young NI / top draft pick with some experience in Tyler Holmes (played at OG but is also a possible starting OT where he played in US college ball); have added Scott Mitchell (played guard for the Esks = has some CFL experience plus a former starting OT in US college ball; and I'll bet the way better O-Line talent vs. Eppele); and hopefully draft pick Matt Sewell is coming to TC to compete - huge lineman and CIS all-star at OT; i guess they could still re-sign vet Wayne Smith too but maybe he is no longer needed with all the young guys.

Maybe the best group of O-Lineman the Argos have had heading into TC in a long-time ? - talent, experience, depth.

Probably no need to look at O-Line in the draft or recruit some new FAs ?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Koch is the only natural interior offensive lineman on the roster, so I think it would be wise to draft another one. We certainly don't need any more OTs, though!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I thought I read today that Milanovich says that Mitchell is an interior guy. That will be good, and allow Van Zeyl to stay at OT.

Question now is, who is going to be the OL position coach?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Koch is the only natural interior offensive lineman on the roster, so I think it would be wise to draft another one. We certainly don't need any more OTs, though!
    Yeah - cept Keeping is now an accomplished C after his CFL journey; and Holmes, Mitchell and Van Zeyl have all started at OG in the CFL, plus Koch has played both guard & C; plenty of versatility here - be interesting to see who lines up at OT for TC : have to decide if Van Zeyl, Holmes or Mitchell get a shot at OT with Sewell as the young guy learning ?

Potential starting group perhaps: King & Van Zeyl at OT; Holmes & Mitchell at OG, Keeping at C; with Koch as the back-up interior guy and Sewell backing up at OT; but - lots of options it seems - like Van Zeyl at guard and one of Holmes or Mitchell at OT, and Sewell should get a real look to start at OT; or could go with 2 import OTs perhaps if Washington and King are both strong thru TC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Yeah - cept Keeping is now an accomplished C after his CFL journey; and Holmes, Mitchell and Van Zeyl have all started at OG in the CFL, plus Koch has played both guard & C; plenty of versatility here - be interesting to see who lines up at OT for TC : have to decide if Van Zeyl, Holmes or Mitchell get a shot at OT with Sewell as the young guy learning ?

Potential starting group perhaps: King & Van Zeyl at OT; Holmes & Mitchell at OG, Keeping at C; with Koch as the back-up interior guy and Sewell backing up at OT; but - lots of options it seems - like Van Zeyl at guard and one of Holmes or Mitchell at OT, and Sewell should get a real look to start at OT; or could go with 2 import OTs perhaps if Washington and King are both strong thru TC.
    OV, all your combinations listed seem feasible, can't remember a time in recent memory where this team has had the overall depth and quality that they have now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    All makes sense to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think as long as Ricky Ray is playing QB the Argos will go with the best two OT's which IMO would be Washinton and King. But it is nice to have the option of sliding Van Zeyl out to RT in case of an in game injury. Hopefully the new OL Coach will be a person who can relate the veterans while teaching the younger guys like Mitchell and Sewell. Getting Emry to play MLB pretty well guarantees that the Argos can go with two Imports on the OL. Also hopefully allowing two import RB's to dress for every game. Now if Barker can just get Watkins, Waters, Rempel and Robinson resigned things will be falling into place. Lets get started.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I think as long as Ricky Ray is playing QB the Argos will go with the best two OT's which IMO would be Washinton and King. But it is nice to have the option of sliding Van Zeyl out to RT in case of an in game injury. Hopefully the new OL Coach will be a person who can relate the veterans while teaching the younger guys like Mitchell and Sewell. Getting Emry to play MLB pretty well guarantees that the Argos can go with two Imports on the OL. Also hopefully allowing two import RB's to dress for every game. Now if Barker can just get Watkins, Waters, Rempel and Robinson resigned things will be falling into place. Lets get started.
    that's how i read this too.

i'd love to go 4NI on the line and we certainly have the personnel to do so, and we may even start the year this way to see if we can make this go but if Ray takes a lick or two i can see the line going to 3 and 2... the cohesion of the Ricky Ray Forcefield is of too high a priority to not have our best OTs in place.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post

And I'd guess King + one of either Holmes or Mitchell would be the best OT combo; but that is what TC is for determining.

Achievements:

Level
    I agree that we've got a very promising toolbox at OL and we don't *need* to draft anyone there. We're going to be mostly pass-protecting for as long as Ray is our QB, so having lanky converted OTs on the inside isn't a bad idea. Upon reflection, I agree with your original point: we can safely ignore OL in the draft this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Facebook like to this post. We also should be able to run the ball down people's throats.

Achievements:

Level
    We signed Sewell today (and Wayne Smith), so we definitely have a lot of options this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    This has to be as deep of an offensive line that I can ever recall the Argos having. There is a nice mix of youth and veterans too.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Facebook like to this post. We also should be able to run the ball down people's throats.
    Hopefully ?

Heh - where you been? / welcome back

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    This has to be as deep of an offensive line that I can ever recall the Argos having. There is a nice mix of youth and veterans too.
    Almost over-stocked it seems; going to have to be a couple of cuts of either some vets or young guys with promise and/or some CFL experience ?

Trade-able commodity ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice problem to have. Wayne S is in tough to stick on the roster, IMO, but might be nine-gamed in case we run into injury issues along the way. Sewell may also be bound for IR so he can develop at an appropriate pace. He has massive potential but hasn't played much since 2012. On the other hand, maybe he will arrive pro-ready. I hope so but not counting on it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Didn't think Wayne Smith would be back. He may not be the player he used to be, but I like him because he battles hard on every play. Great team guy, and adds versatility.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Didn't think Wayne Smith would be back. He may not be the player he used to be, but I like him because he battles hard on every play. Great team guy, and adds versatility.
    Didn't did I expect to see him back. But he can be a short gap type to fill in for an injury during a game. They know what they are getting with him until the young guys (Mitchell and Sewell) prove themselves.