Reply to Thread

MY argo birthday gifts

candyauto2.jpgcarrollname.jpgjersey back.jpgjersey1.jpgjerseyjcpatch.jpg

incase your wondering yes i like john candy lol. if u have anything of his ur willing to sell let me know

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was 20 years ago today that John Candy died at the age of 43. I got his autograph at an Argo game in Hamilton in 1992 when he was standing on the sideline near the Argo bench. The Argos gave away a John Candy poster at the home opener that year which I still have on my wall.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    It was 20 years ago today that John Candy died at the age of 43. I got his autograph at an Argo game in Hamilton in 1992 when he was standing on the sideline near the Argo bench. The Argos gave away a John Candy poster at the home opener that year which I still have on my wall.
    I have only heard good things about Candy as owner from stories in the Double Blue history book as well as that TSN special on him. I have seen many people have the John Candy Christmas card autographed. I know most owners aren't celebrities but he really was the face of the franchise rather than take a back seat like other celebrity owners. Has there been an owner more passionate about his team? Or willing to go the extra mile for the fans?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.