Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    And Argos at BMO may be a certainty :[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LLB997; 03-05-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    There is no such thing as an objective writer.
    Franz Kafka hit the nail on the head.

New Fan
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I really hope MLSE does NOT buy the Argos to run them like the Leafs not sure I can stomach that

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOSFANATIC View Post
    I really hope MLSE does NOT buy the Argos to run them like the Leafs not sure I can stomach that
    how do they run the leafs? For that matter how do thy run their lesser franchises, the raptors and the marlies?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    how do they run the leafs? For that matter how do thy run their lesser franchises, the raptors and the marlies?
    With profit margins.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was against MLSE from day one but soon I realized that it's probably in the best interest in the team to have a stable owner rather than having to keep finding a new one every few years. We'll finally have an outdoor stadium, something that I never witnessed and think it's where football should be played.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I was against MLSE from day one but soon I realized that it's probably in the best interest in the team to have a stable owner rather than having to keep finding a new one every few years. We'll finally have an outdoor stadium, something that I never witnessed and think it's where football should be played.
    There are still many questions that need answers before the Argos move to BMO can be confirmed:

- How much will the Argos owner be expected to contribute financially to the BMO renovation, if any?
    - How much will the Argos be charged as a rental fee at BMO? (There were reports BMO rentals were very expensive.)
    - How much ancillary revenue will the Argos receive from parking, concession, naming rights, stadium signage and sponsorships, etc.
    - Will the new stadium motif and seating colours reflect both main tenants (Argos and TFC) or will it primarily be red?

MLSE apparently had a board meeting this week with Argos ownership likely being a topic. We can't expect much news while negotiations are still on-going, but MLSE basically hasn't said one word about buying the Argos. The only news we have is from media hacks who gave out some speculative numbers and rumours. I just hope this all isn't some Rogers-orchestrated smokes-screen, building up the Argos fans hopes, then dropping them like last week's bagels.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    There are still many questions that need answers before the Argos move to BMO can be confirmed:

- How much will the Argos owner be expected to contribute financially to the BMO renovation, if any?
    - How much will the Argos be charged as a rental fee at BMO? (There were reports BMO rentals were very expensive.)
    - How much ancillary revenue will the Argos receive from parking, concession, naming rights, stadium signage and sponsorships, etc.
    - Will the new stadium motif and seating colours reflect both main tenants (Argos and TFC) or will it primarily be red?

MLSE apparently had a board meeting this week with Argos ownership likely being a topic. We can't expect much news while negotiations are still on-going, but MLSE basically hasn't said one word about buying the Argos. The only news we have is from media hacks who gave out some speculative numbers and rumours. I just hope this all isn't some Rogers-orchestrated smokes-screen, building up the Argos fans hopes, then dropping them like last week's bagels.

What I have read from someone who was quoting someone who is within MLSE, The idea is that all seats will be replaced as it will be cheaper than seat matching the existing seats at BMO and they are going for a very uniform looking design. Grey was mentioned as neutral colour which is an element in both the Argos and No Names logos and would suit a winter effect nicely for potential heritage classics. Notice how BC place utilized greyish seat warmers at the Her. Classic last week to cover the orange seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post

They are definitely not fan friendly.
    Jacking the prices to the point of being obscene and unaffordable.
    No better example than the Leafs, in turn blackmailing their season ticket holders to buy the Raptors.
    On top of which after the early craze of the TFC, they probably have ruined by chasing away many season ticket holders.
    I hate to think what will happen to my season tickets at the dome when MLSE get's they hands on the franchise at the crap renovated BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Have you never been to a game at Rogers Centre ??? Gee, some of you people bewilder me. I bet more than half of the Argos home games there have been played in an outdoor stadium with the roof open. You can't get any more "outdoors" than that !!! Plus, you had the benefit of it closing for cold weather.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    No better example than the Leafs, in turn blackmailing their season ticket holders to buy the Raptors.
    On top of which after the early craze of the TFC, they probably have ruined by chasing away many season ticket holders.
    I hate to think what will happen to my season tickets at the dome when MLSE get's they hands on the franchise at the crap renovated BMO.
    I'm sure ticket prices will increase, but they need to be careful how much they increase as it may take several years to rebuild the CFL fan base in Toronto. Different story as we all know with the Leafs, corporations and some of the general public will pay just about anything to see the Leafs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Argo season tickets should cost less per seat than TFC's at BMO. MLSE invested $100 million in a couple of TFC players, money they'll have to recoup. I doubt they'll be spending anywhere close to that on with the Argos (although $100 million could draw several NFL superstars to Toronto). TFC is also a bigger operation, with higher revenues and the MLS is "major league"...while the CFL is big only in Canada.

For example, if a TFC ticket cost $60, the equivilant Argo ticket should cost $45-$50 in my estimation. I doubt MLSE could justify a higher ticket price than that or one that is higher than TFC.

Another factor is the demographics, with CFL season ticket holders in other cities having fairly high family incomes. Not sure about the Argos, but the B.C. Lions said a couple years ago the average family income of their season ticket holders was over $200,000. The younger TFC crowd, probably not so much.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    Have you never been to a game at Rogers Centre ??? Gee, some of you people bewilder me. I bet more than half of the Argos home games there have been played in an outdoor stadium with the roof open. You can't get any more "outdoors" than that !!! Plus, you had the benefit of it closing for cold weather.
    I believe it's an indoor stadium with the roof open and I have been to many games. I just love it when it's a nice October day and the stadium roof is closed because it's just too darn cold out for the roof to move. The glare from the floodlights is magnificent, not to mention the fog created from the TD/FG fireworks via the field goal posts. Nothing like the great outdoors.

Football is more of autumn sport and being cooped up in the dome when it`s a little chilly out is a shame. Playing in the elements is what "oldschool" football is all about, I guess, from the Mud Bowl, Snow Bowl, Fog Bowl etc. While it's true that if most games are in the summer months, then the roof is open but there just isn't a football aura associated with a dome. From the shape of the stadium to the huge slabs of concrete around it, I can't wait to see it go.

Anyways, for me a retractable roof does not equal "outdoors". It's like going camping in the great outdoors with the sun roof open in an RV.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yeah it certainly does seem like MLSE and BMO Field are 2 separate issues. I wonder if MLSE is getting cold feet about buying the Argonauts?
    I'm answering this here because like we said it now appears that MLSE ownership of the Argos and the Argos moving in to BMO Field are two separate issues. Like many I also believed the speculation that the two would go hand in hand but only the Argos moving in to BMO Field seems to be a done deal. I think the question that should be asked is were/are MLSE interested in buying the Argos? MLSE can't be getting cold feet about buying the Argos if they weren't/aren't interested in buying them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm answering this here because like we said it now appears that MLSE ownership of the Argos and the Argos moving in to BMO Field are two separate issues. Like many I also believed the speculation that the two would go hand in hand but only the Argos moving in to BMO Field seems to be a done deal. I think the question that should be asked is were/are MLSE interested in buying the Argos? MLSE can't be getting cold feet about buying the Argos if they weren't/aren't interested in buying them.
    And here's another concern, if the Argonauts move to BMO Field and MLSE does Not buy them are we right back to the problem of being a second class tenant and getting the leftovers for scheduling home dates?

Now TFC does play less home games than the Blue Jays but it could still be an issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    i am thrilled with prospect of playing out of bmo without being owned by mlse. I think the team is a more desirable purchase playing out of bmo.

I dont think there Is a 2nd class tenant in the bmo scenario. I believe both teams will get most of their desired dates without too much crossover or confusion

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    And here's another concern, if the Argonauts move to BMO Field and MLSE does Not buy them are we right back to the problem of being a second class tenant and getting the leftovers for scheduling home dates?

Now TFC does play less home games than the Blue Jays but it could still be an issue.
    I don't think scheduling will be much of an issue as TFC plays far less games than the Jays. It's 19 guaranteed dates vs. 81. My concern is more on the marketing side of things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't think scheduling will be much of an issue as TFC plays far less games than the Jays. It's 19 guaranteed dates vs. 81. My concern is more on the marketing side of things.
    Marketing is one area that MLSE ownership would improve for sure, imagine seeing some kids running around your neighbourhoods wearing CFL jerseys hats etc instead of NFL garb. I know my 2 kids are probably the only 2 that wear CFL jerseys at their school, kind of sad when you think about it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I will be surprised if MLSE/Tanenbaum doesn't purchase the Argos fairly soon but it does take time to get these deals done.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The City's Executive Committee report on the proposed renovation and expansion of BMO has been posted on the City website.
    (Sorry, I may not have posted the links properly).

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgen...em=2014.EX39.4

What's really interesting is the background report/letter from MLSE: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-67468.pdf

There are a few things that stick out, though I just did a very quick read:
    1. There is no indication that MLSE will necessarily be the Argos owner, but nothing to say that they won't.

2. scheduling is mentioned in there, but mostly in terms of conflicts with the CNE.

3. When it comes to signage, there is an interesting bit in there about changes to the signage at Maple Leaf Square. Seems unusual to change the signage at MLSE owned Maple Leaf Square unless you are going to add an Argos emblem.

4. City, province, Feds to chip in $10 million each, remaining $90 million from MLSE

5. anticipated that Argos will be at BMO for 2015

6. Agreement is dependent in part on MLSE securing a 20 year lease with the Argos; must be settled by May 15
    Last edited by Downtownfan; 03-12-2014 at 11:17 PM.