The contract talks between the league and he players union is not going well. In the past I never believed the players would strike, however the players have a lot of leverage on the league now with the new TV deal, new stadiums and a new team joining the league, the players are united and playing hard ball with the league. From what I was told by a player source, the league responded to the players 24 page proposed, with a 2 page response, with no hard financial numbers on hit. All talks have now been cancelled. If things don't improve over the next 45 days, the players told the league they will call for a work stoppage vote, to show the owners, that they are united and serious this time around. The players union has been taken back by what they call the leagues inability to acknowledge and spread some of the new revenue coming into the league. The players union was shocked that the league only offered up a increase of 100,000 to the salary cap. The players started with a 1 million increase to the cap, of which they would have agreed to a 600,000 increase ( my source stated) the union was so upset at the start of these talks when the league threw out this tiny increase of 100,000 that the talks went down hill fast from there