Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Some players crying fowl over the CFL going public, yet the CFLPA has been leaking information all along.

CFL owned the CFLPA today, that's for sure. Will be an interesting press conference.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Players confirm they want 55% of Sponsorship, ticket and TV revenue.

To compare, looking at the Edmonton 2013 financials, and inserting new TV revenue (2.6m extra)

That's ~ 16.5m revenue & a 9 million dollar cap, means Edmonton would have lost between. 4-5 million last season.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think the players do deserve more but that doesn't mean the owners are the bad guys. Without owners willing to lose money each season, some of these players wouldn't be playing. If Argos, TiCats had folded that means at least 100 players would be unemployed today and who knows how many throughout the years.

Some may argue against this and I get why some enjoy it but negotiations would be run a lot more smoother if twitter was out of the equation. Yes we get news on the spot but some of the players tweets kind of bother me, it looks they are going after Cohon's head. I give credit to those who have an account and just keep things "professional" by not saying anything.

At the end of the day, a sport shouldn't define a career. I have always seen playing in the CFL more of a hobby by choice then a profession and makes the CFL more special to me then the glitz and glamour of the NFL. Paris Jackson said "you don't play in the CFL for the money". I could play football in Sweden for $10 a game, doesn't mean I have to. I do agree with former Rider Scott Shultz, "Players need incrs pay #NoQuestion but lets be realistic & not so short sided - no CFL = big wakeup call #PartyOver #BetterGetta9to5"
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 05-21-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Financial information - that known or predictable - should be available to all the negotiating parties.
    The league has operating and capital costs, as do the owners. The owners must have the opportunity to make a reasonable profit. The players should be compensated to the maximum extent possible.

Hire a mathematician to define the required multi-objective function and then optimize it.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/canadian-f...fer-to-players

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    The players should be compensated to the maximum extent possible.
    I think the owners -- like any business owners -- would disagree with that notion, or would differ radically from the employees on how "the maximum extent possible" should be defined. To the maximum extent possible after I make a basic level of profit? Or to the maximum extent possible after I maximize my profit? Big difference, and most business owners would be in favour of the latter, not the former.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think the players do deserve more but that doesn't mean the owners are the bad guys. Without owners willing to lose money each season, some of these players wouldn't be playing. If Argos, TiCats had folded that means at least 100 players would be unemployed today and who knows how many throughout the years.

Some may argue against this and I get why some enjoy it but negotiations would be run a lot more smoother if twitter was out of the equation. Yes we get news on the spot but some of the players tweets kind of bother me, it looks they are going after Cohon's head. I give credit to those who have an account and just keep things "professional" by not saying anything.

At the end of the day, a sport shouldn't define a career. I have always seen playing in the CFL more of a hobby by choice then a profession and makes the CFL more special to me then the glitz and glamour of the NFL. Paris Jackson said "you don't play in the CFL for the money". I could play football in Sweden for $10 a game, doesn't mean I have to. I do agree with former Rider Scott Shultz, "Players need incrs pay #NoQuestion but lets be realistic & not so short sided - no CFL = big wakeup call #PartyOver #BetterGetta9to5"
    You don't take the knocks & make the sacrifices that these players make if it's a hobby. CFL players might not be paid like pros in other leagues but they bring a professional mentality when it's time to play. That is what truly makes the CFL product great & it makes you forget as a fan that a lot of these guys have to take a second job to support themselves & their families. If you had a bunch of guys half-assing it out there, the CFL would have died a long time ago.

The prospects for the league have been looking better than they have been in a long time. The TV money more than doubles starting this year, Ottawa is back in the league with stable ownership, new stadiums for Winnipeg, Hamilton & Saskatchewan here or soon coming. Sure the team we cheer for isn't in a good position but in comparison to other times in league history, this is nothing. I can't blame the players for looking at this stuff & wanting to cut an improved deal for themselves. These aren't millionaires....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordo View Post
    You don't take the knocks & make the sacrifices that these players make if it's a hobby. CFL players might not be paid like pros in other leagues but they bring a professional mentality when it's time to play. That is what truly makes the CFL product great & it makes you forget as a fan that a lot of these guys have to take a second job to support themselves & their families. If you had a bunch of guys half-assing it out there, the CFL would have died a long time ago.

The prospects for the league have been looking better than they have been in a long time. The TV money more than doubles starting this year, Ottawa is back in the league with stable ownership, new stadiums for Winnipeg, Hamilton & Saskatchewan here or soon coming. Sure the team we cheer for isn't in a good position but in comparison to other times in league history, this is nothing. I can't blame the players for looking at this stuff & wanting to cut an improved deal for themselves. These aren't millionaires....
    I find the notion that "a lot of these guys have take a second job to support their families" utterly ridiculous based on the average CFL salary of over 90 thousand dollars per season. Real people raise families on 2 incomes that combined is almost half a CFL average salary. And whats wrong with taking second job? Plenty of regular people do just that.

I have no problem with players getting a 10 percent raise, that seems fair. I get the feeling that the PA feels that after a few seasons of the league righting itself, now the players should benefit to max potential, Its a classic case of "Too much Too soon". And hearing grumblings from player reps that Players have historically made great sacrifices for the league (paycuts) so the CFL could survive is no reason to give them everything they want today.

I see no reason why players today sould benefit from the sacrifices of previous generations players. If that is some sort of rationale than tHe players pension fund should benefit more than players salaries today.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Last edited by T-Bone; 05-22-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Update

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Agreed.

Wow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have been to the Argo offices on King Street. Obviously I don't know what salary anyone there makes, but to say there are tons of employees is laughable. Foley is up to his usual fine form.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here's all of the Foley posts for your amusement.

I'm sick of these lies about Teams not making $ & #Argos are poor! GC100 made over $10Mil & MLSE wants to buy them!

3yrs I was there?...My owner bought them for nothing, Got $10 Mil plus for 100th GC & now MLSE gonna break him off!

#
    Argos
    doing so bad but have offices on King Street in downtown Toronto filled with tons of employees making more $ than some of the players.

So P.R & office staff on King St. DT meanwhile the #Argo players are working out of old moldy TRAILERS yes TRAILERS in 'Sauga...
    He clearly doesn't get that Braley made a few payments when C&S couldn't handle the costs and has probably lost money or barley hit even in every other season. As bad as the trailers in UTM were, I would still love to hear Foley's plans on building a practice facility. Where and how?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Methinks Ricky is having his brother write his tweets. If he calls the owner "Old Man Braley" we will know for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    I am surprised at what some of these players are posting on twitter. Any workplace will suspend or fire an employee who is discussing/bashing/degrading/etc details of cba talks. The cfl can give these guys the raise they want and make the money back with the fines

Also. What foley or his brother wrote was disgraceful. I'm wondering how bad Saskatchewan and their fans are after they become tired of his crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level

Labour Wars! When does the season start.

When does the season start:

1. No games missed including preseason
    2. 1 Preseason week is missed, regular season starts on time
    3. Entire preseason is missed, regular season starts on time after a one-week quicky training camp
    4. Miss first week of regular season
    5. 2-4 games missed, season starts in August
    6. 5 games or more missed

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    6. 5 games or more missed

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    At most, I believe that only a couple of days of training camp will be missed.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    At most, I believe that only a couple of days of training camp will be missed.
    At this point, the players are waiting for the strike vote to come back before figuring out the next move.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Ricky Foley - STRONG like Bull - Smart like Streetcar.

I really hope that most players are not inline with this idiots thinking
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021