Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Exclamation Argonauts game in Ottawa

If anyone is interested in going to the Argonauts game in Ottawa they're currently running a promotion where you get the Argonauts game and any other 2 Ottawa home games. Prices start at $69 a ticket for All 3 games:

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/home-...ticket-package

All of their games are on Friday nights except for the game against Saskatchewan (Saturday @ 7 PM) and the game against Calgary (Sunday @ 3 PM)

The game against the Argonauts is the Home Opener & the Stadium Opener for Ottawa.

* This package is only available until April 5th *

When I was speaking to the Ottawa ticket representative he said that they have currently sold 13,000 Season Tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    It would be nice if we can get something organized here In Toronto through our season ticket department.
    We took a bus for the weekend watching the last game of the Renegades when they went out of business the last time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It would be nice if we can get something organized here In Toronto through our season ticket department.
    We took a bus for the weekend watching the last game of the Renegades when they went out of business the last time.
    My Argonauts season ticket representative sent me an Email a few weeks ago saying that they're doing a train trip to Ottawa for the Argonauts game.

They're also going to do a bus trip to the Argonauts game in Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    My Argonauts season ticket representative sent me an Email a few weeks ago saying that they're doing a train trip to Ottawa for the Argonauts game.

They're also going to do a bus trip to the Argonauts game in Hamilton.
    Here's the exact quote from the Email:

Double Blue supporters can be part of history twice this year on the road. A special fan train will leave Toronto for the inaugural game in our nation’s capital where the Argos will take on the REDBLACKS on July 18. Then, the Labour Day Classic is back in Hamilton on September 1 as two storied foes renew their rivalry at new Tim Hortons Field. More details for both games, and how fans can be involved, are available by calling 416-341-2746 (ARGO).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Double Blue supporters can be part of history twice this year on the road. A special fan train will leave Toronto for the inaugural game in our nation’s capital where the Argos will take on the REDBLACKS on July 18. Then, the Labour Day Classic is back in Hamilton on September 1 as two storied foes renew their rivalry at new Tim Hortons Field. More details for both games, and how fans can be involved, are available by calling 416-341-2746 (ARGO).
    My Argonauts representative called to ask some questions about the Fan Train trip to Ottawa. They're in the planning stages now and are looking for input.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

My account representative called me today to let me know that the Fan Train has been canceled. The Train company wouldn't give the Argonauts a bulk discount price on the Train tickets.

However he did say that they have about 110 Tickets to the game available. Season Ticket holders get the first chance to buy them.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    My rep called me as well. I'll be there.

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am going as well, but not in conjunction with this offer from the Argos. It is too bad that fell through, but had anyone else even received any communications regarding this offer?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I am going as well, but not in conjunction with this offer from the Argos. It is too bad that fell through, but had anyone else even received any communications regarding this offer?
    As far as I know the train trip was never an official offer. My rep called me when they were in the planning stage to get feedback. He called again today to let me know that it didn't work out but they did secure tickets which are being offered to season ticket holders.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I got this Email from the Redblacks:

Thank you for being a Home Opener Ticket Pack Holder!
    We will be announcing shortly that we have fewer than 1,000 tickets remaining for the REDBLACKS home opener, so if you still need to invite friends, neighbours, family, do it soon before it's too late!
    We also wanted to update you on your tickets.* **
    Ticket Delivery
    ******* This year we are going to print the 3 tickets you have selected on collector stock.*We will then ship the tickets to the address on your account in early July.*
    Our website*has more ticketing info and contact information if you need it.*We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to seeing you on July 18 for the first ever REDBLACKS game.
    Go REDBLACKS Go!
    #RNATION*

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I received the following Email from the Redblacks:

The Game Plan To Get Down To Lansdowne/ Le Plan De Match Pour Se Rendre À Lansdowne

La version française suit

The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) today announced comprehensive details for event goers to travel to and from TD Place at Lansdowne. The transportation plans were developed in collaboration with the City of Ottawa, OC Transpo, la Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) and SP + GAMEDAY, an internationally acclaimed event transportation management and logistics firm.
    "Our objective is to make it easy for our fans and visitors to attend major events at TD Place while also minimizing vehicular traffic in neighbourhoods near Lansdowne," said OSEG CEO Bernie Ashe.*

For major events (15,000+ attendees, examples such as REDBLACKS games, Fury FC home opener) the following options are available for ticketholders:
    A.**** Park & Shuttle
    Your event ticket gets you FREE parking and FREE shuttle service directly to TD Place. Park & Shuttle Service begins two hours before the start of the Game. All Park & Shuttle lots provide accessible shuttle service to TD Place.* For events with attendance less than 15,000 people the TD Place shuttle lots will not be in operation.
    Park & Shuttle service is available at the following lots:
    B.**** Take Transit
    Your event ticket gets you FREE transit service starting three hours before the event, during the game, and for three hours post event on all OC Transpo and STO routes.
    OC Transpo service on Bank Street will be enhanced during game days for an easy connection from downtown. In addition, special OC Transpo and STO routes will be in place providing direct service to TD Place from across Ottawa and Gatineau.
    C.**** Bike & Park
    FREE, secure bike on-site parking is provided on game days near the Aberdeen Pavilion
    Fans are encouraged to ride their bikes to get to the game using the scenic multi-use pathways along the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
    Please note that these options are for events with attendance over 15,000 people, for more on team specific information please visit tdplace.ca. Info for 67's will be posted soon.*

http://ottawaredblacks.com/the-game-...n-to-lansdowne

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    As a result of the train not going, I have already ordered my tics for the game out of those set aside for Argo ST holders.

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I received the following Email from the Redblacks:

The Game Plan To Get Down To Lansdowne/ Le Plan De Match Pour Se Rendre À Lansdowne

La version française suit

The Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) today announced comprehensive details for event goers to travel to and from TD Place at Lansdowne. The transportation plans were developed in collaboration with the City of Ottawa, OC Transpo, la Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) and SP + GAMEDAY, an internationally acclaimed event transportation management and logistics firm.
    "Our objective is to make it easy for our fans and visitors to attend major events at TD Place while also minimizing vehicular traffic in neighbourhoods near Lansdowne," said OSEG CEO Bernie Ashe.*

For major events (15,000+ attendees, examples such as REDBLACKS games, Fury FC home opener) the following options are available for ticketholders:
    A.**** Park & Shuttle
    Your event ticket gets you FREE parking and FREE shuttle service directly to TD Place. Park & Shuttle Service begins two hours before the start of the Game. All Park & Shuttle lots provide accessible shuttle service to TD Place.* For events with attendance less than 15,000 people the TD Place shuttle lots will not be in operation.
    Park & Shuttle service is available at the following lots:
    B.**** Take Transit
    Your event ticket gets you FREE transit service starting three hours before the event, during the game, and for three hours post event on all OC Transpo and STO routes.
    OC Transpo service on Bank Street will be enhanced during game days for an easy connection from downtown. In addition, special OC Transpo and STO routes will be in place providing direct service to TD Place from across Ottawa and Gatineau.
    C.**** Bike & Park
    FREE, secure bike on-site parking is provided on game days near the Aberdeen Pavilion
    Fans are encouraged to ride their bikes to get to the game using the scenic multi-use pathways along the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
    Please note that these options are for events with attendance over 15,000 people, for more on team specific information please visit tdplace.ca. Info for 67's will be posted soon.*

http://ottawaredblacks.com/the-game-...n-to-lansdowne
    If it is nice out I may just walk down via Queen Elizabeth Drive.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Got my tickets today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    If it is nice out I may just walk down via Queen Elizabeth Drive.
    Where are you staying?

EDIT: Here's a good article on the concessions at TD Place Stadium:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Joanne+...221/story.html
    Last edited by Neely2005; 07-14-2014 at 10:19 AM.