Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I will be surprised if Kackert is ready to start the season after reading that article. He may need some additional time before he is ready to play again.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I will be surprised if Kackert is ready to start the season after reading that article. He may need some additional time before he is ready to play again.
    I agree.... I will put him on my 9 game injured list now. He will provide a good boost half way through the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With a metal plate, eight screws, and two long pins holding his ankle together since November of last year, you can imagine the process of getting back in a football mindset has not been easy.
    http://www.cfl.ca/article/on-the-men...towards-return

I hope for the best for Kackert, but with his past record of injury plus the seriousness of this injury, one has to wonder if he can return to his former form, especially with regard to speed, and whether his ankle will stand up to the punishment inflicted by tackles once he returns.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    With the severity of his injury and the slow progress of his recovery so far I don't think Kackert will be back, too risky for his long term health.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    If Kack is not ready to go for TC (sounds unlikely) - that leaves a big opening - with holdovers Norwood (impressive talent IMO), and Steele (so-so, average), and a bunch of newcomers (including ex-NFLer Jeremiah Johnson), or maybe even (unlikely for a real shot) - NIs Woodson and Gillanders, or could possibly get Coombs in the draft.

Lots of good TC competition will be key; have to think the Argos at least have the potential for a strong ground game with what should be IMO a strong & deep O-Line (and hopefully the play-calling smarts too) - with or without a talent like Kackert.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    If Kack is not ready to go for TC (sounds unlikely) - that leaves a big opening - with holdovers Norwood (impressive talent IMO), and Steele (so-so, average), and a bunch of newcomers (including ex-NFLer Jeremiah Johnson), or maybe even (unlikely for a real shot) - NIs Woodson and Gillanders, or could possibly get Coombs in the draft.

Lots of good TC competition will be key; have to think the Argos at least have the potential for a strong ground game with what should be IMO a strong & deep O-Line (and hopefully the play-calling smarts too) - with or without a talent like Kackert.
    Completely agree. I think it's improbable that Chad K will return and re-establish himself, and even less so that he'd be able to endure. For his health after football, he could/should rehab and then retire from the sport.
    Having said that, I wish Chad K every success no matter what he decides to do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I had no Idea his last injury was so severe. Could end up being career ending.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Our four pound poodle broke his front leg on Vancouver Island about five years ago and had a plate, screws and wire put in. All was ok until just before Christmas when he hopped into the house and as soon as he land he started screaming. Turns out one screw had to be removed as it was rubbing on a tendon. He's one tough little dude our Marcel.

It might be very difficult for Chad to get back to playing. Look how bad Boland looks on skates after his injury.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    We signed a RB today, Mike Bellamy from Clemson http://www.tigernet.com/update/playe...pro-team-15520

Not sure what to think of this. 4 colleges?

Collegiate destinations for Bellamy have included Clemson, East Mississippi Community College, Eastern Arizona College, and the aforementioned Fort Valley State.
    Update:
    Despite showing potential on the field, Bellamy's path away from Charlotte County was rocky and the running back was suspended for the school's appearances in the ACC Championship and Orange Bowl. Disappointingly, the Tarpons' alum was ruled academically ineligible in the spring of 2012 and departed the school after a single season.

Hoping to stay on the field, Bellamy next enrolled at East Mississippi Community College -- the 2011 national junior college champion -- but the troubled player was quickly dismissed for a violation of team rules last August.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Based on this information, I would like to see Anthony Coombs name announced by the Argos in the upcoming draft.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Based on this information, I would like to see Anthony Coombs name announced by the Argos in the upcoming draft.
    I wouldn't count on that - but maybe - could well be still available at #6; doubtful at #15, but still possible i guess; no way IMO by the time they pick next at #33. You see the Argos going for him with their 1st pick and giving him a real shot to compete for a perceived need at tailback? - i'll believe that when i see/hear it - i could see them liking Coombs as some sort of long-term project / understudy for Durie at slotback.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I wouldn't count on that - but maybe - could well be still available at #6; doubtful at #15, but still possible i guess; no way IMO by the time they pick next at #33. You see the Argos going for him with their 1st pick and giving him a real shot to compete for a perceived need at tailback? - i'll believe that when i see/hear it - i could see them liking Coombs as some sort of long-term project / understudy for Durie at slotback.
    The Argos are not going to be running the ball as long as Ricky Ray is at the helm. If Coombs can pick up the blitz and catch the ball out of the backfield, maybe. Getting him and say a DL like Smith or Menard would be nice. Not likely to happen though.