Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
This isn't a right vs wrong thing. Life isn't all black and white.
I agree there is a lot of grey in life but what happened to those kids in Calgary and the women you met in Cowichan Valley was wrong both legally and morally.

I know that if I played violent video games when I was a teen I'd want to harm people. Instead I just took it out on the ice during my hockey games. Good thing that I'm just so very mellow now.
So, you used hockey as a release for aggression? Did you ever consider many people do the same thing with video games? Bottom line, violent video games and movies do not cause violence. People are smart enough to know the difference between fantasy and reality. We all have the potential for violence you can't point to just one factor, it's a complex issue. Upbringing though is a large factor in how we deal with aggression. Unfortunately some people are more prone to violence, a lot of times due to circumstances they can't control. A child that was abused is at a much higher risk of becoming an abuser in their adulthood. Many kids join gangs due to lack of structure in their lives. Sometimes it's a single parent family, that parent isn't around because they are working the majority of the time to make ends meat and the child is left to fend for themselves. That's why school and after school activities are important for children especially in these higher risk categories. This also leads in to why role models are so important for kids.

Thankfully I have no use for video games or killy kill movies.
To each their own.