Thread: Cauchy Muamba

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level

Cauchy Muamba

There is a report from Kirk Penton that he has been released by the Bombers. I don't like him much as a player, but he would provide NI depth in the secondary, especially if we decided to start two NIs back there. More importantly, will the team that signs him have the best chance of signing his brother Henoc if/when he gets cut by Indy? If so, signing him could be a valuable strategic decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    i imagine that would mostly depend on Burke's impressions of him. he'd know him pretty well after all.

who knows, at a reduced price to what he got from Winnipeg he might be a good depth guy.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I originally thought Winnipeg would look at an O-Lineman to bolster their horrid line early in tomorrows draft, but with the release of Cauchy "Chase Position" Muamba, perhaps a DB will go to the Bombers with their 1st pick.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I originally thought Winnipeg would look at an O-Lineman to bolster their horrid line early in tomorrows draft, but with the release of Cauchy "Chase Position" Muamba, perhaps a DB will go to the Bombers with their 1st pick.
    The Bombers simply need to find Canadians who can play. I have been saying this for a few years now but they have the weakest Canadian talent and depth in the league and losing their top one this off-season does them no favours.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    NO to signing Cauchy Maumba - the guy just isn't a good safety and had ample opportunity to show that.

I think you might see a very different Bomber team with regards to NI talent with the likes of Walters & O'Shea in charge Ravi; they have already signed plenty of NI FAs and I bet they draft smart too. Clueless Joe Mack may have signed Cauchy and handed him a starting job simply because he had played for another team in the league + his brother was a budding star there too; but Osh & Walters will more likely have lots of competition and allow all NI players real shots to compete for jobs and playing time. The Bombers have signed FAs Donovan Alexander (played both S and corner in the CFL - might get a Bomber shot at CB?), plus Graig Newman (impressive for the Riders by a lot of accounts) and also have former CIS all-star safety Teague Sherman on the roster, and also signed ex-Ticat DB Matt Bucknor - who has CFL exprience at both CB and safety; they might also be able to draft one of the impressive DB types in the draft tommorrow = they might be able to go with 2 starting NIs in their D-backfield and I expect whoever emerges at safety for them to be wayyyy better than C. Muamba; and they have wayyyyy more D-backfield possiblities with NIs than the Argos do for example.

And they have Cory Watson & Rory Kohlert as good young NI receivers, plus signed a bunch of outstanding resume in the CIS receivers - Feoli-Gudino, Brescacin, Renaud - for TC competition and might also be able to draft another good receiver prospect out of this year's IMO strong crop there.

O-Line is still a big concern there IMO, but one or two of the young guys might emerge with better coaching & evaluating plus they could go O-Line with their 2nd overall pick.

I'll bet their NI talent is wayyyyyy better with the new brain-trust, that, gasp - happens to feature a number of Canadian football people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I like Gabriel and Black better .... I was wondering , why would they release him just before the draft. I would think Cauchy Muamba would be good trade bait to move up in various draft spots ...... but then again maybe not.

Boatman
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Blimey, how Bummer fans used to hype this kid.
    Rogers sucks. Bombers Suck. Visit www.ticatfans.com

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    i never felt like they hyped him so much as they defended him from the criticism of fans of mostly western teams who had seen his gaffs first hand.

i think they saw him suffer in a poor defence on a poor team with a contract that his play never came close to justifying.

a lesser amount and a smaller role (and a chance to redeem himself) might be a good thing for him in southern Ont.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Cauchy Muamba was only brought into Wpg to help get his brother Henoc signed. Cauchy was not traded because he somehow had a low six-figure salary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by eiben35 View Post
    Cauchy Muamba was only brought into Wpg to help get his brother Henoc signed. Cauchy was not traded because he somehow had a low six-figure salary.

You may be right on both accounts IMO; we'll see if he is signed by another CFL team for a look.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by eiben35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You may be right on both accounts IMO; we'll see if he is signed by another CFL team for a look.
    I thought Henoc was on Winnipeg when they played BC in the Grey Cup a few years ago?.... And Cauchy was on BC. Their parents had combo shirts made.