Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    That would actually require some foresight, which is sadly lacking with the current regime.
    Yeah I know. Just hate the attitude of: "in 60 days it's no longer mine (Mr Cheapskate crew cut), so why care?"
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    In all fairness, the new owners do not take over until next year. Then, hopefully, everything changes. Why should they pump up the current owner's pocketbook? I know, not a nice thought, but in business, that is what businesses do. I understand hyping the team as we move toward next year, but that would require some spending on the new owners' part. I am willing to wait it out. I've waited this long for the right ownership to come around. My rep told me they would get onto seat selection for season ticket holders early next year once the switch has been made. There is a lot of things to organize along the lines of what price tickets in Skydome equals to what section in BMO. Then there are some that will jump to a better section or a cheaper section, because the sight lines may be better than what they pay for at Skydome now.

Let's be patient and I am sure we will all be happy next June. I always liked the dome, but if the Argos are better off at BMO, I am all for it.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways
    Well, I know you're wrong on this matter because I was one of the season ticket holders that got a free ticket from the team and found my own way there and back. I didn't enter the lottery to get on 1 of the 2 buses the team organized because they did a day trip, straight to the game and back. I decided to make a weekend out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I am willing to wait it out. I've waited this long for the right ownership to come around.

Let's be patient and I am sure we will all be happy next June. I always liked the dome, but if the Argos are better off at BMO, I am all for it.
    I'm in the same mood these days. I'm willing to let most things slide this year as the end is near and hopefully much better things are to come.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    That would actually require some foresight, which is sadly lacking with the current regime.
    And capital...as in money, which is usually more available to teams that make a profit and have a huge season ticket base...like say the Chicago Bears. I bring up the Bears because when they were renovating Soldier Field, they were forced to play for a season in Champaign, Illinois, at the Univervity of Illinois, Memorial Stadium because it was the largest stadium closest to Soldier Field. Champaign is 217 km away from Chicago, and was in fact closer to Indianapolis than Chicago.

Do you think the Bears paid for buses to transport their season ticket holders to Champaign???

What next?...door to door service. The Argos are acknowledging their season ticket holders by providing full refunds and cheaper ticket prices to compensate for the possible inconveniance for those willing to travel to games in Hamilton, which is way closer to Toronto, than Champaign was to Chicago. I'm going to take them up on their offer, and will feel much better about buying a beer at THF and supporting a CFL stadium and owner, than buying one at Rogers Centre.

I can understand your frustration, but let's not kick the Argos when they're down...God knows everybody else who doesn't give a shite is?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's the best time to kick Braley when he's fallen and he can't get up. Oh wait one Argo Die hard tripped him and one in standing on his fat head.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    It's the best time to kick Braley when he's fallen and he can't get up. Oh wait one Argo Die hard tripped him and one in standing on his fat head.
    Think about all the rich people who live in Toronto? Not one of them, or a group of them was willing to come forth and save the Argos while playing at the dome because of the losses that they would sustain. Why jump on Braley for protecting his wealth? Would you throw your money marketing this team under their lease conditions at the dome? Could you imagine spending thousands on advertising just to have your games moved....that would be a waste.

Some people need to understand that as much as they detest Braley, The Toronto Argonauts would've become the Ottawa Rough Riders without him paying the players for what probaby was about 10-11 years as it's been publicized that he bankrolled C & S ownership group before him, even while already owning the BC Lions.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    No crap Gill and I totally agree. I just can't understand why none of those folks have ever stepped up. I don't just mean lately, I mean ever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post

Some people need to understand that as much as they detest Braley, The Toronto Argonauts would've become the Ottawa Rough Riders without him paying the players for what probaby was about 10-11 years as it's been publicized that he bankrolled C & S ownership group before him, even while already owning the BC Lions.
    I stand by my thoughts that the league would not allow Toronto to go away. Toronto goes away, so does the big TV deal, as sponsors would be difficult to get. The league would have somehow kept Toronto alive, likely by giving a little less of the TV share to the other teams until they were able to find an owner.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    fair enough re: braley and i agree the argos would have been toast by now without him. however, this is partially on the backs of season ticket holders like myself and although these are odd circumstances, the fact that ti-cat SSH essentially have a leg up on us to watch our own "home" game since braley is losing money on the relocation, doesn't hold water in my view. Anyhow at this point it is what it is and I'll be watching on the couch.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Go ahead and organize one then. What are you waiting for? Let us know how it goes. (You'll be personally liable for the bus payment if you can't manage to fill up the bus, or if people tell you they're coming and don't show. Organizing buses is rarely fun.)

While you're at it, you might talk to people who already organize Argo fan buses to Ticat games. http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.com/trip.html

Wow! Is all I got to say for this post! Argos mangement is really starting to rub off on fans of this team in how they think. Hey shayman just curious are you at all related to Chris rudge by any chance?

Excuses excuses no answers for anything!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hey shayman just curious are you at all related to Chris rudge by any chance?
    People sometimes ask me if I'm related to CFL hall of famer Lew Hayman, but this is a first.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Beleive it or not, the best scenario may be at THF in Hamilton. As much as we kid around, Hamilton is a good football town, and Burlington in Halton, makes the Hamilton-Wentworth and Halton area as good a football area as any in Canada. I'd be worried about 3,500 being at the dome on Saturday as fans have no idea whether the game will take place there. Hamilton area fans that are neutrals would probably go to THF if it's a decent day, just to even boo the Argos.

Well I was right again the Argo game didn't attract a crowd over 3,500 yesterday! One word for that pathetic! Not only is it pathetic but scary at the same time considering bob youngs organization gave a lot of free tickets through there website and through some promotions they had. If this isn't a warning sign to the new Argo owners to get there asses to do some work NOW for next season I am afraid we are going to see this hole Argos to bmo move a complete failure. I just don't see how people Argo fans cant come to there senses to realize how much total destruction the current regime has done to this football team. Some people think that the new Argo owners are doing the right thing of sitting around doing nothing and think that they could snap there fingers come June and have bmo field sold out. It ain't going to happen like that! Wake up people!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well I was right again the Argo game didn't attract a crowd over 3,500 yesterday! One word for that pathetic! Not only is it pathetic but scary at the same time considering bob youngs organization gave a lot of free tickets through there website and through some promotions they had. If this isn't a warning sign to the new Argo owners to get there asses to do some work NOW for next season I am afraid we are going to see this hole Argos to bmo move a complete failure. I just don't see how people Argo fans cant come to there senses to realize how much total destruction the current regime has done to this football team. Some people think that the new Argo owners are doing the right thing of sitting around doing nothing and think that they could snap there fingers come June and have bmo field sold out. It ain't going to happen like that! Wake up people!
    Agree with much of what you have said Rocket, this is why the extended ownership transition hasn't helped, the Argos are in limbo right now, Braley has already mailed it in and the Tannenbaum group hasn't taken control yet.
    I'm sure a marketing plan is already in place for 2016 however years of neglect (by various ownership groups) will not be corrected and reversed overnight, this will take time!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    So PT Barnum, what would you do? Do you think it's possible to turn it around over night. The Argos did capture some young fans to become lifelong fans between the Flutie years and and the CandS years. Some bad seasons were interspersed between some bad years but the stadium issue was never as bad as it's been in the last few years. Some games got high attendance including some playoff games and Argos games had always been the best the value in town.

Bad scheduling and increased ticket prices to go along with the ridiculous schedule and the ownership situation has dissolved a fan base that what was at times considered the 2nd most popular team in Toronto based on TV ratings and even attendance figures. I don't think it can happen overnight, but it's not as if anyone who attended Argo games in the past got lobotomies...or did they..lol.

Leaving the dome is a boon because they won't be reminded that they are a 2nd banana to the Blue Jays. The Argos as an organization has to stop acknowledging the existence of the Jays and the Rogers Centre, just as the Jays and Rogers has purposely done to them. Have the Jays ever taken an ad or publicly congratulated the Argos on winning a Grey Cup, ...I can't remember, yet Chris Rudge, praises them while thanking Argo fans for understanding the inconveniance of the schedule. It's a one way street, yet posters like 1argoholic and myself are getting flak for putting down other Toronto teams because of the continual bad press, or no press that the CFL gets in this market.

With the final decision on this game coming after Game 4 of the ALDS Sunday night, what the heck did they expect?...5 days to sell fans on a location that's 40 miles away from it's original location. How many Durham region Argo fans or York Region Argo fans made the trek to Hamilton as it's on the other side of the GTA for them. Imagine fans from as far as Barrie or Peterborough who watch the Argos at the dome, you think 5 days is enough notice for them to change their entire weekend schedule.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    So PT Barnum, what would you do? Do you think it's possible to turn it around over night. The Argos did capture some young fans to become lifelong fans between the Flutie years and and the CandS years. Some bad seasons were interspersed between some bad years but the stadium issue was never as bad as it's been in the last few years. Some games got high attendance including some playoff games and Argos games had always been the best the value in town.

Bad scheduling and increased ticket prices to go along with the ridiculous schedule and the ownership situation has dissolved a fan base that what was at times considered the 2nd most popular team in Toronto based on TV ratings and even attendance figures. I don't think it can happen overnight, but it's not as if anyone who attended Argo games in the past got lobotomies...or did they..lol.

Leaving the dome is a boon because they won't be reminded that they are a 2nd banana to the Blue Jays. The Argos as an organization has to stop acknowledging the existence of the Jays and the Rogers Centre, just as the Jays and Rogers has purposely done to them. Have the Jays ever taken an ad or publicly congratulated the Argos on winning a Grey Cup, ...I can't remember, yet Chris Rudge, praises them while thanking Argo fans for understanding the inconveniance of the schedule. It's a one way street, yet posters like 1argoholic and myself are getting flak for putting down other Toronto teams because of the continual bad press, or no press that the CFL gets in this market.

With the final decision on this game coming after Game 4 of the ALDS Sunday night, what the heck did they expect?...5 days to sell fans on a location that's 40 miles away from it's original location. How many Durham region Argo fans or York Region Argo fans made the trek to Hamilton as it's on the other side of the GTA for them. Imagine fans from as far as Barrie or Peterborough who watch the Argos at the dome, you think 5 days is enough notice for them to change their entire weekend schedule.
    Don't know if that leaving the dome won't remind them that they are second banana to tfc,when they go to bmo. As ml$e have stated tfc gets first priority in everything that goes into bmo field as far as dates permenant signage,flags,logos,ads etc.. No one from the Argos side of things has come out and said anything about how the Argos will be treated. When they are talking how one side of the end zone will be field turf and the other grass and how the centre field won't even line up properly with the seating arrangement one has to think how much better treatment will the Argos get? And even at this stage of the game the Argos are so far behind everything that I am not even sure any of that will matter at the end because I have a feeling that they will have a tough time selling the place out.

Gill you have to stop with the excuses for the Argos and stop protecting the poor ownership and management of this team. You stated earlier how Hamilton was a football area and that they should get a big crowd for the game on Saturday now you are trying to say that it is to far for people from Barrie and Peterborough to go to the game! Just face the facts the current ownership of this team SUCKS! The new ownership team does not look to be much better then what it is now. When you have tannembum talking to the media the next day of the sale of the Argos on how he wants to bring an nfl team to Toronto you have to start to think how committed and dedicated is this guy to the cfl!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Point to the post that had me say a "big crowd". Even if it was the size it was, still a better atmosphere than the dome. It was in a real football looking stadium and a football looking environment, not a shopping mall which is what going to the dome is like.