Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I thought I read it a couple of times. I guess we wait & see when the details of the agreement are made public.
    I think they are adding 3 practice roster spots, but the actual roster remains the same.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    After the first pre-season game I'm comfortable that we can't go too far wrong, but my favourites are Slaton and Steele. Slaton didn't get too many handoffs but he looked terrific as a receiver. Conversely Steele was only thrown to once, but I thought he carried the ball with confidence. Johnson was OK overall, but made two mistakes (the fumble and a no-gain that he turned into a 7 yard loss) that detracted from his good plays. Coombs was OK and deserves to be on the roster, but doesn't look ready to be our feature back yet.

Hopefully we can switch things up a bit in the next game and give Slaton more handoffs and Steele more passes, to get a more complete assessment. I wasn't paying attention to anyone's blocking, but I don't think any of the RBs made horrible errors; one of the two sacks we gave up was the RG's fault (he was slow to read a stunt) and I think the other was the QB's fault.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    After the first pre-season game I'm comfortable that we can't go too far wrong, but my favourites are Slaton and Steele. Slaton didn't get too many handoffs but he looked terrific as a receiver. Conversely Steele was only thrown to once, but I thought he carried the ball with confidence. Johnson was OK overall, but made two mistakes (the fumble and a no-gain that he turned into a 7 yard loss) that detracted from his good plays. Coombs was OK and deserves to be on the roster, but doesn't look ready to be our feature back yet.

Hopefully we can switch things up a bit in the next game and give Slaton more handoffs and Steele more passes, to get a more complete assessment. I wasn't paying attention to anyone's blocking, but I don't think any of the RBs made horrible errors; one of the two sacks we gave up was the RG's fault (he was slow to read a stunt) and I think the other was the QB's fault.
    Pretty much the way I saw it too, although I thought Johnson looked really good a couple of times too. Slaton is such a smooth runner, and is probably the fastest and the best receiver of the three, but he's not such a good blocker, and not so good on the 2nd and 3 carries. Steele is more powerful and a better blocker. If we didn't have Coombs I'd say we should try to keep both on the gameday roster. But one of them will still be kept on the inactive roster.