Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Offence looked good - without Ricky Ray but helped by a number of vets in on the O-Line; some good play by the receivers - Adams, Sinkfield, Adjei - one spot open to replace Inman?, with Owens, Chiles, Durie, maybe another NI (Watt?) as locks i guess; interesting battle at RB - not sure we saw who the best blocker was if that is a priority, but all of Slaton, Johnson and Steele ripped off some nice runs (albeit against a very iffy Bomber D with no real MLB in); Coombs had one nice run (and a decent return) but was in late in the game with inexperienced O-Linemen. I still think Harris is a potential very good young QB - always liked his outstanding college ball resume and the guy has a decent arm and some poise: Gale didn't overly impress me and Paschal is a long-shot (sorry dad) who at least got some significant playing time to show something. Also - Jerriel King at OG instead of OT ? - not sure i get that, even if Sewell is being counted on to start at OT - then, move Van Zeyl to OG and let King play OT where he was IMO so impressive last season. Maybe more like Van Zeyl & King as the starting OTs with Sewell the main back-up; Keeping at C, Holmes at one guard spot, then who is the other OG?

Special teams; brutal miss by the new FG kicker; i guess his punting was pretty good; noticed draft pick receiver Pszonzack was the holder; too bad he had no passes thrown his way on offence.

D is still the real big issue IMO - with so little experience and nobody really stepped-up with great play-making on D; Burke has a tough road ahead maybe to mold a strong unit; Argos might have to win a bunch of high scoring games, but that could be quite do-able with Ray and a potential very good supporting cast.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 06-10-2014 at 10:47 PM.