Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What did everyone think of Terrell Sinkfield last night? I thought that he really stood out. I looked him up on Wikipedia and he certainly has had a hard time sticking with a team in the last year:

Miami Dolphins

On April 27, 2013, He signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft.[2] On May 28, 2013, he was waived by the Dolphins.

Green Bay Packers

On June 11, 2013, the Packers signed him.[3] On July 19, 2013, he was released by the Packers.

Buffalo Bills

On August 3, 2013, Sinkfield was signed by the Buffalo Bills.[4] On August 18, 2013, he was released by the Bills.
    [5]

New York Giants

On August 21, 2013, Sinkfield was signed by the New York Giants.[6] On August 25, 2013, he was cut by the Giants.

[7]

Toronto Argonauts

On March 13, 2014 Sinkfield signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Sinkfield

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sinkfield certainly made his case last night. If we are trying to lessen the load on Chad Owens in terms of kick and punt returns then he had a couple of nice punt returns. He made a spectacular catch also last night and had made a nice catch in the first pre-season game.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Sinkfield certainly made his case last night. If we are trying to lessen the load on Chad Owens in terms of kick and punt returns then he had a couple of nice punt returns. He made a spectacular catch also last night and had made a nice catch in the first pre-season game.
    He also had a bad drop last night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If Laing is healthy, it probably does make sense to list him as a starter and have eight in total -- much more roster flex that way. He and the INT d-lineman could all be shuffled in and out frequently.

The starting o-line last night had Rogers at LT and King at RG, with VZ at RT. I'm assuming since that unit started (and played well in the first quarter), that is the way they're starting the season. King always played right tackle last year; Rogers and Washington rotated at LT. I wasn't too high on Rogers last year but it's possible he has developed into a high-quality LT. He certainly looked solid there last night. The o-line starters all looked comfortable pepping up and tutoring the rookies on the sideline, as did Chiu who looks like an excellent addition to the coaching staff.

If they do find a way to always play three INTs on defence, it would allow them to make better use of the embarrassment of riches they seem to have at receiver. As everyone here knows, I like Watt, but I think Adams or Bryant would be an upgrade over him. Sinkfield definitely has to find a spot in the lineup, maybe ahead of Barnes altho the latter scored an easy TD last night on a play that looked identical to Cedric Minter's game-winning TD in 1983.
    Sinkfield had another good punt return last night too, did he not? I see him relieving Owens of some of his kick return responsibilities. It will be interesting to see what the opening day lineup looks like.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I think Sinkfield has earned a spot on the 44, either as a starter or a designated international who can return kicks and spot in on offence. I also really liked what I saw from Adams last night. And Bryant is no slouch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I think Sinkfield has earned a spot on the 44, either as a starter or a designated international who can return kicks and spot in on offence. I also really liked what I saw from Adams last night. And Bryant is no slouch.
    Will Bryant stick with all these kids performing? I was expecting more from Kyle Moore on D, but it seems lesser known have really stepped up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I hope you're right. I'm a huge Steve Slaton fan, but Johnson was sensational and IMO should be the opening day starter. Such deceptive power for a smaller back. Be great to keep all three INT backs around somehow.

I think there should be a controversy at #2 QB. I thought Mitchell Gale looked way better than Harris. Gale has improved a lot, and Harris hasn't really improved that much.

I think Darvin Adams is a lock, and I think the D-Line is going to surprise a lot of people. I would venture to say there's more raw talent on the D-Line this year then there was last year, the question is how long will it take for them to gel. Romeus and Gibson are specimens, I think they'll be back starting in the NFL in 2 years.

And it pains me to say that I think Zach Collaros is going to have a big season in the Hammer this year. His uncanny ability to elude pressure and hit an open guy is a perfect fit for a team with Andy Fantuz on it. I think Ray and Collaros will be the top 2 QBs in the League this year.

We saw some pretty good football for a pre season game last night.
    Agree with you on the QB's front.
    I have been disappointed with the performance of Harris this pre season.
    For me his stock has gone south big time with Gale as the back up and even Paschall ahead on the depth chart.
    My opinion on Zach has not wavered as he may be the next wave of superstar QB in the league.
    Who knows possibly to remain way after Ricky retires?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    For me his stock has gone south big time
    with Gale as the back up and even Paschall ahead on the depth chart.
    My opinion on Zach has not wavered as he may be the next wave of superstar QB in the league.
    Did Harris look that bad against Hamilton? He was, by far, the best QB in the preseason opener against Winnipeg so it surprises me to hear you say this, AT.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    For me his stock has gone south big time with Gale as the back up and even Paschall ahead on the depth chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Did Harris look that bad against Hamilton? He was, by far, the best QB in the preseason opener against Winnipeg so it surprises me to hear you say this, AT.
    What do you look for when assessing their abilities. To me .... not a big football mind but a fan .... Harris could control the game. Gale did show great abilitites, and I could accept your assessment of placing Gale as the back up .... But I don't know where you get the assessment that Paschall would be ahead of Harris on the depth chart. Mind you ,I have only seen Paschall play in the pre season games and a bit at the fan day..... maybe you have seen him more at practices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Harris has not progressed to the next level, like Zach did last year even though I recall the two apparently were neck and neck in the 2013 camp.
    With his multi year experience with the team, I would have thought he would take the reins and shown leadership as a definitive back up to Ricky.
    Instead, I have seen him make rookie mistakes with his reads, happy feet and most important the trajectory and some of the poorly thrown balls and the pics.
    Maybe I am being too critical of Harris, especially what Zach has done and the up side with his career.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I would say Harris has improved from last year and should be the backup without putting too much stock into the Hamilton game. Harris has looked good in practice and played really good vs WPG. Overall, keeping the whole training camp in mind, Harris should be #2.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Harris has not progressed to the next level, like Zach did last year even though I recall the two apparently were neck and neck in the 2013 camp.
    With his multi year experience with the team, I would have thought he would take the reins and shown leadership as a definitive back up to Ricky.
    Instead, I have seen him make rookie mistakes with his reads, happy feet and most important the trajectory and some of the poorly thrown balls and the pics.
    Maybe I am being too critical of Harris, especially what Zach has done and the up side with his career.
    Come on AT, your prejudice is clouding your judgment once again. The Argos choose Ray over Colaros, not Harris, so quit trying to find every little fault in his game, like it somehow justifies your opinion. I can find many faults in your precious "Zach", like his terrible sideline reads and his lame duck deep balls. Please explain how Harris has "happy feet". He is very poised in the pocket and a better passer than you give him credit for.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Come on AT, your prejudice is clouding your judgment once again. The Argos choose Ray over Colaros, not Harris, so quit trying to find every little fault in his game, like it somehow justifies your opinion. I can find many faults in your precious "Zach", like his terrible sideline reads and his lame duck deep balls. Please explain how Harris has "happy feet". He is very poised in the pocket and a better passer than you give him credit for.
    Here Here!!

For the record, I was able to attend my first practice of the season on today (Sunday). Steve Slaton did not take part in practice today. He was for the most part on the stationary bike. Same for Josh Portis.

I was speaking with Jim Barker today and asked if they would find a way to keep all 5 QB's, and he said it was unlikely. He told me Pachal will be their developmental QB, so I'm thinking Portis will be the odd man out. Too bad. Lots of talent, but hard to make it if you miss all of camp.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Just read this comment on twitter......

I think CTV Regina just rolled more Argo-Ti-Cat highlights than CTV Toronto.

That is depressing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting Harris is a better QB than Collaros? Our precious Zach threw a couple of beautiful deep balls in the Hamilton game. Please explain his "terrible sideline reads", his body of work suggests he makes decisions like a seasoned pro.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting Harris is a better QB than Collaros? Our precious Zach threw a couple of beautiful deep balls in the Hamilton game. Please explain his "terrible sideline reads", his body of work suggests he makes decisions like a seasoned pro.
    Nope, not suggesting anything. I am just calling out AT for nitpicking at Harris' every little mistake, just because he is not named Collaros. AT wants to sit back and say "I told you so", like he is some genius. We choose Ray and it's time to move on. I think Collaros is an exciting QB, however he is also not perfect, no matter how much AT tells ya, LOL. Collaros does throw the odd sideline pass that is unadvised, trying to make something out of nothing, but I am nitpicking to prove a point. Harris throws a better deep ball though.