Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dans41 View Post
    i want something as a thank you for being a STH
    I thought that the 100 Grey Cups book that we got last season was a great gift.

This year we get the Argonauts Flag and a voucher for a free ticket.

What exactly are you looking for?

EDIT: We also got the Championship DVD last year.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 06-24-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I thought that the 100 Grey Cups book that we got last season was a great gift.

This year we get the Argonauts Flag and a voucher for a free ticket.

What exactly are you looking for?
    He's not looking for anything. He is trolling. Called him out and received 2 derogatory pm's from him. I say everyone put him on ignore list.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    He's not looking for anything. He is trolling. Called him out and received 2 derogatory pm's from him. I say everyone put him on ignore list.
    done a while back.

I've been a STH for 9 yrs now, I appreciate the gifts.... but what I like more was the great video thanking fans at the Varsity game...... That means more to me...... Having a coaching staff and GM that cares about putting a good product on the field ......and creates a good team vibe (not like the Andrus grump days) .... and being available for media .... and even keeping us in suspense as to the cuts ..... I don't expect to be showered with gifts. I don't want my STH monies going to that, I want it going to the team.... I want my monies to go to the CFL and increase the earnings by more than 27 mill so that they can increase the players salaries.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    i have a few gifts, in 2012 we got the small decorative argo helmet mounted on a block of wood, 2011 we got the photo frame , mine holds my pic with Pinball from that years fan day event, when he signed my Clemons jersey, 2012 I cant remember this one, 2013 the t-shirt voucher, and this year... a FULL SIZE flag (not a dinky little one or a car flag either).

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    done a while back.

I've been a STH for 9 yrs now, I appreciate the gifts.... but what I like more was the great video thanking fans at the Varsity game...... That means more to me...... Having a coaching staff and GM that cares about putting a good product on the field ......and creates a good team vibe (not like the Andrus grump days) .... and being available for media .... and even keeping us in suspense as to the cuts ..... I don't expect to be showered with gifts. I don't want my STH monies going to that, I want it going to the team.... I want my monies to go to the CFL and increase the earnings by more than 27 mill so that they can increase the players salaries.
    I totally agree with this statement.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Boatman
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    What have I got for being a STH? Everything that I was told I was getting and more. Tickets at 20% off, ticket exchanges to suit my weekly life and shift work. They have provided me with awesome gifts for various groups I am involved with. My rep gave me special passes at the 100th GC for a VIP area. Monthly payment plans when buying tickets in Dec.

My biggest beef though is the attempt at tailgate parties. I will see on July 5th if they have put anymore effort into it, but the last 2 years have been below average, with little energy put into them. I can understand their fear, bad weather and investment in time and money is wasted. They need to hook up with Steam Whistle and let them set something up. Or rent a section of a parking lot and supply some toliets and let us have are own party. The parking lot is private property and washroom on site, the liquor laws have changed, they need to take advantage of them. 1000 people can smoke joints downtown and no charges, if a 100 of us get together and crush a 6 pack in cups we will be okay. If 1 or 2 get charged we chip in a buck or two and its paid. We police are own area and as far as garbage, trust me homeless people will be there taking our empty cans. Argo tailgate for now but should WE try and start are own and see what happens?

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    They need to hook up with Steam Whistle and let them set something up.
    I think this has been suggested around here a few times and could be interesting. I wonder if anyone from the Argos have looked in to it and what the cost would be.

Or rent a section of a parking lot and supply some toliets and let us have are own party. The parking lot is private property and washroom on site, the liquor laws have changed, they need to take advantage of them.
    Just because a parking lot is private property* doesn't mean you can bring your own liquor and drink it there. *Define private property.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:

Level
    They need to hook up with Steam Whistle and let them set something up.

​That would be very interesting ; a home opener on a Sat afternoon no less !

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Just because a parking lot is private property* doesn't mean you can bring your own liquor and drink it there. *Define private property.
    Yeah I know. You can still drink beer in a parking lot. Only needs a license so you don't get a ticket. Ball diamond parking lots after rec games, Hamilton Tiger cats pre game, golf course, hockey dressing rooms,walking around a hotel with a drink, ski hills, all in violation for a small fine, but people use common sense, it happens and works for both sides.

June 01 2013 New revision to what you are talking about. Its called Special Occasion Permit (SOP) $25 to $75 for one. Allows you to "tailgate" in a area that is defined by a .9 meter high barrier. Point is the Argos could set this up for us on a regular basis. Look at the Molson Indy. A SOP is issued and most of the event area you can walk around with a purchased drink.

If you want a beer pour it in a plastic red cup and go do it, life is to short to worry about getting a ticket. At the end of the day its just like a parking ticket. Its not a violation to carry a beer in a plastic bag with some ice just don't make it that obvious. Put it in a backpack. Its just the beer in your cup thats the violation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Disclaimer: I know not every STH would have attended last night.

However, given that it was general admission and I don't recall being asked whether or not I wanted a ticket the question needs to be asked. Do the Argos have only approximately 5000 STH's?
    The Argos have between 9,000 and 11,000 season ticket holders. The issue as i have said in the past is that approx 5,000 of those season ticket holders are owned by business, which is not a bad thing, because they buy the most expensive seats, however most of these business season ticket go unused for things like a Preseason game in the small staduim.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Yeah I know. You can still drink beer in a parking lot. Only needs a license so you don't get a ticket. Ball diamond parking lots after rec games, Hamilton Tiger cats pre game, golf course, hockey dressing rooms,walking around a hotel with a drink, ski hills, all in violation for a small fine, but people use common sense, it happens and works for both sides.

If you want a beer pour it in a plastic red cup and go do it, life is to short to worry about getting a ticket. At the end of the day its just like a parking ticket. Its not a violation to carry a beer in a plastic bag with some ice just don't make it that obvious. Put it in a backpack. Its just the beer in your cup thats the violation.
    Your original post implied since the Liquor License Act revisions it is now legal to bring and drink your own liquor. As I and now you have pointed out, it is not. Personally, I don't want to be paying fines.

June 01 2013 New revision to what you are talking about. Its called Special Occasion Permit (SOP) $25 to $75 for one. Allows you to "tailgate" in a area that is defined by a .9 meter high barrier. Point is the Argos could set this up for us on a regular basis. Look at the Molson Indy. A SOP is issued and most of the event area you can walk around with a purchased drink.
    They have done this a few time over the past two seasons at Gate 11.

Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    The Argos have between 9,000 and 11,000 season ticket holders. The issue as i have said in the past is that approx 5,000 of those season ticket holders are owned by business, which is not a bad thing, because they buy the most expensive seats, however most of these business season ticket go unused for things like a Preseason game in the small staduim.
    And TFC only has 200 season ticket holders. Where are you getting these numbers from?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    If you want a beer pour it in a plastic red cup and go do it, life is to short to worry about getting a ticket.
    I'd suggest using a BLUE solo cup, to really fool them....hehe
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Personally, I don't want to be paying fines.

They have done this a few time over the past two seasons at Gate 11.

And TFC only has 200 season ticket holders. Where are you getting these numbers from?
    "On a regular basis" at gate 11 , I see how that wasn't clear. Every game I should have said. My tailgate party for BMO 2015 prediction you are off the guest list.............Toronto ETF might show up and I don't want to put you in a bad situation because we are having a beer. Most people follow all laws but pick a few to cut corners on to make life a little more fun. Can't imagine following all laws so one does not have to pay fines. To those that do follow all laws, please remember to stay out of the left hand lane on the 401 when I am going to and from Argo games because I drive 115 kmh and you at 100 kmh slow me down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Way to look extremely petty bringing up a post from almost a year ago.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    My tailgate party for BMO 2015 prediction you are off the guest list.............Toronto ETF might show up and I don't want to put you in a bad situation because we are having a beer. Most people follow all laws but pick a few to cut corners on to make life a little more fun. Can't imagine following all laws so one does not have to pay fines.
    I tailgate in Hamilton because I know being fined is unlikely. I doubt that would be the case around Rogers Centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Way to look extremely petty bringing up a post from almost a year ago.
    In your opinion. For me it's a matter of credibility, I don't trust his numbers. Especially when it comes to season ticket holder numbers, so I've asked for a source that backs up his claim.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    I truly hope you are right about those numbers, altho I don't know what your source is. It is a fact that I and other STHs were not offered the right to decline the preseason game, which suggests that every STH was given tickets to that game. While I agree that not everyone would attend a preseason game, I find it somewhat unlikely that the team would risk the possibility of 11,000 people showing up with tickets for a game in a stadium that could seat only 5,000.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    In your opinion. For me it's a matter of credibility, I don't trust his numbers. Especially when it comes to season ticket holder numbers, so I've asked for a source that backs up his claim.
    Retracked

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I truly hope you are right about those numbers, altho I don't know what your source is. It is a fact that I and other STHs were not offered the right to decline the preseason game, which suggests that every STH was given tickets to that game. While I agree that not everyone would attend a preseason game, I find it somewhat unlikely that the team would risk the possibility of 11,000 people showing up with tickets for a game in a stadium that could seat only 5,000.
    I'd post what my old Argo rep said a few months ago, but without an indisputable source with quotations in a news article. I fear my credibility will be in question.
    Last edited by Mulder; 07-02-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    So it's now been established you have trust issues.
    Do you trust his numbers based on the facts that are known? paulwoods13's point is exactly why argofan87 started this thread and asked the question.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Do you trust his numbers based on the facts that are known? paulwoods13's point is exactly why argofan87 started this thread and asked the questions.
    retracted.
    Last edited by Mulder; 07-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Why don't we get back on point rather than rehashing old arguments?

If a ticket rep said the Argos had 9,000-11,000 STHs, that's at least a source, albeit one whose impartiality and commitment to the truth could at least be called into question. It still makes me wonder how the team was able to give all STHs tickets to the ex game if the stadium could accommodate only half of them.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    If a ticket rep said the Argos had 9,000-11,000 STHs, that's at least a source, albeit one whose impartiality and commitment to the truth could at least be called into question.
    "If" is the key word. That's why I've asked for a source.

It still makes me wonder how the team was able to give all STHs tickets to the ex game if the stadium could accommodate only half of them.
    I have the same wonder. I know Hamilton had a lottery for their pre-season game at McMaster.