Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    "If" is the key word. That's why I've asked for a source.

I have the same wonder. I know Hamilton had a lottery for their pre-season game at McMaster.
    Another poster mentioned 10,000 as the number:

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Good question. Someone mentioned in another Thread that their Argonauts ticket representative had said that they hoped to get to 10,000 season tickets this season. (I think that 10,000 was the number)

EDIT: Yeah it was 10,000. Mentioned here:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...n-Ticket-Sales

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Another poster mentioned 10,000 as the number:
    No, argotom posted his rep said they hope to have 10,000 before the season starts. I can hope for $10,000 to show up in my wallet but have any amount below that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    No, argotom posted his rep said they hope to have 10,000 before the season starts. I can hope for $10,000 to show up in my wallet but have any amount below that.
    Yeah that's what my quote says, hope to hit 10,000. We have another poster saying 9,000 - 11,000 so I think we have a ballpark idea.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    The best case scenario that I can imagine is STH's in the range of 6,000 to 7,000 and that, based on attendance patterns from last year at Varsity, they decided they could chance making this year's game open to all. The idea that they have 10,000 and would offer everyone a ticket simply defies sense. Surely they weren't making this offer based on an assumption of only 50% turnout.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Flutie02 may be right here. Since none of us are corporate ticket holders, we can't say for sure whether or not the corporate holders had to buy the pre-season game. I know last year, I was given an extra pair of tickets for the game from a corporate ST holder. Included with the ticket was a pre-game get together in a little club room within Varsity which strictly for the corporate ST holders. There was free food and drink and I can honestly say that fewer than 25 people showed up. Maybe they actually polled these specific holders and gave them the option of declining the pre-season game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Flutie02 may be right here. Since none of us are corporate ticket holders, we can't say for sure whether or not the corporate holders had to buy the pre-season game. I know last year, I was given an extra pair of tickets for the game from a corporate ST holder. Included with the ticket was a pre-game get together in a little club room within Varsity which strictly for the corporate ST holders. There was free food and drink and I can honestly say that fewer than 25 people showed up. Maybe they actually polled these specific holders and gave them the option of declining the pre-season game.
    So all, approximately 5000 of them declined?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So all, approximately 5000 of them declined?
    I didn't say that. It just might not have even been a part of their ST package to begin with. Remember, last year we all had the option on whether or not to take the pre-season game. Maybe if the majority declined their tickets last year, the team decided not to include the game in their packages this year.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I didn't say that. It just might not have even been a part of their ST package to begin with. Remember, last year we all had the option on whether or not to take the pre-season game. Maybe if the majority declined their tickets last year, the team decided not to include the game in their packages this year.
    As far as I know, last season we all had the option to get a pre-season game ticket or an extra ticket to the home opener. So all, approximately 5000 corporate ticket holders opted to go to the home opener? They also sold standing room tickets at Varsity last season. If I was a corporate ticket holder buying tickets in the highest price bracket, I wouldn't be to happy about the front office removing a ticket from my package that is included in everyone else's. Especially since they were also selling general admission tickets to the general public at Varsity this year.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I have 2 ST's and have never gone to a pre season game. If I had 10 tickets and gave them away, I'm still sure they would not be used. If I give tickets away for a regular game all will be used.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As far as I know, last season we all had the option to get a pre-season game ticket or an extra ticket to the home opener. So all, approximately 5000 corporate ticket holders opted to go to the home opener? They also sold standing room tickets at Varsity last season. If I was a corporate ticket holder buying tickets in the highest price bracket, I wouldn't be to happy about the front office removing a ticket from my package that is included in everyone else's. Especially since they were also selling general admission tickets to the general public at Varsity this year.
    The key there is yor first comment "As far as I know". I'm in the same boat, but simply acknowledge it is a possibility. You say you would be pissed if you weren't offered the pre-season game if you were a corporate seat holder. Keep in mind you are not, and have no idea what perks may be given in lieu of that specific game.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    The Argos also have the smallest season ticket base by far, less than half of the next lowest CFL team.

Other CFL team's season ticket bases range from 15,000 to 26,000. With the Argos at a rumoured "8,000", this is a financial handicap the Argos suffer when compared to their competitors.
    Where are you getting these numbers from?

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If the Argos are so seemingly protective of their season ticket numbers then why wouldn't they have done a lottery for this year's pre-season game? The lack of lottery this year only furthers the speculation.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Where are you getting these numbers from?
    Retracted.
    Last edited by Mulder; 07-02-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    What does it matter? The way you're arguing everybody thinks that you WANT the Argos to only have 5,000 season ticket holders. I guess your true colours are showing though.

You have even less sources than the other people posting. All you're doing is speculating, which is far worse than other people posting what they heard from a 3rd party. But I guess you want more people to hate you for posting here. You may as well change the name of the site and colour scheme while you're at it.
    Last I checked we are all speculating. The only source that has been presented is an Argo rep saying they hope to have 10,000 season ticket holders by the start of the season. There's other numbers being thrown around here and I'm just wondering where they are coming from. I wasn't aware you could read everybody's mind to see what they think, I think. That's impressive, perhaps you could use that ability to get us some less speculative answers. Until then I honestly hope we have 9,000 to 11,000 season ticket holders but I'm still curious where these numbers are coming from.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Tau Ceti has conducted research that seems to confirm Invader's numbers, if the Argos # happens to be the low-end 5000 then it is really quite sad. But, who is to blame, the Argos marketing department, Braley, the marketplace or a combination of all three?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Here is what we know to be true:

The Argos drew slightly over 5,000 spectators last week.

All "regular" season-ticket holders got last week's game as part of their package. (There has been speculation that "corporate" STHs -- if such a thing exists -- may not have been required to take last week's game, but that is speculation, not proven fact.)

A ticket agent apparently told one of us that the team was hoping for 10,000 STHs. (I say "apparently" because all of us other than that individual have to take on faith that this conversation took place; for the record, I do take that on faith.)

Other than that, there appears to be no evidence for any claim on how many STHs the team has. Based on the preponderance of the (fairly skimpy) evidence we have before us, I think it's reasonable to believe that there may be only 5,000 or so STHs. Like T-Bone, I hope there are many more than that, but I see no evidence that leads me to believe it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    What does it matter? The way you're arguing everybody thinks that you WANT the Argos to only have 5,000 season ticket holders. I guess your true colours are showing though.

You have even less sources than the other people posting. All you're doing is speculating, which is far worse than other people posting what they heard from a 3rd party. But I guess you want more people to hate you for posting here. You may as well change the name of the site and colour scheme while you're at it.
    Hey, we all want the Argos to have 20 000 ST. I don't see any problems with trying to find the truth from real sources. I have yet to see a credible source. I don't care who someone heard from or most likely, claimed to have heard from. That's a recipe for rumors and a guarantee for misinformation.

If you had to bet 10 large on the ST numbers, would you pick closer to 5 or 10? I'm betting most would pick 5 at this point, which is the smart money and most likely closest to the truth.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You may as well change the name of the site and colour scheme while you're at it.
    Does this comment tell us who the new (or one of the new) owners of this site is?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Here is what we know to be true:

The Argos drew slightly over 5,000 spectators last week.

All "regular" season-ticket holders got last week's game as part of their package. (There has been speculation that "corporate" STHs -- if such a thing exists -- may not have been required to take last week's game, but that is speculation, not proven fact.)

A ticket agent apparently told one of us that the team was hoping for 10,000 STHs. (I say "apparently" because all of us other than that individual have to take on faith that this conversation took place; for the record, I do take that on faith.)

Other than that, there appears to be no evidence for any claim on how many STHs the team has. Based on the preponderance of the (fairly skimpy) evidence we have before us, I think it's reasonable to believe that there may be only 5,000 or so STHs. Like T-Bone, I hope there are many more than that, but I see no evidence that leads me to believe it.
    For what it's worth Paul, I have 4 season tickets and didn't bother going, too much headache to get to Varsity for a pre-season game IMO.
    If the game was at Skydome I would have take Go transit from the Burlington area, I guess what I am saying is who knows how many other season ticket holders were of like mind???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Last I checked we are all speculating. The only source that has been presented is an Argo rep saying they hope to have 10,000 season ticket holders by the start of the season. There's other numbers being thrown around here and I'm just wondering where they are coming from. I wasn't aware you could read everybody's mind to see what they think, I think. That's impressive, perhaps you could use that ability to get us some less speculative answers. Until then I honestly hope we have 9,000 to 11,000 season ticket holders but I'm still curious where these numbers are coming from.
    retracted
    Last edited by Mulder; 07-02-2014 at 10:35 AM.