Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Korey Banks released by the Blue Bombers

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Having been released by two teams in recent months, does Banks have anything left in the tank? I know that some on here will say that he should be brought into Toronto immediately but if he couldn't win a job with a rebuilding Winnipeg team, can he do so in Toronto? It would be nice to see him finish his career in Ottawa though considering that is where it all began for him.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I see Winnipeg has also signed International receiver Romby Bryant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Having been released by two teams in recent months, does Banks have anything left in the tank? I know that some on here will say that he should be brought into Toronto immediately but if he couldn't win a job with a rebuilding Winnipeg team, can he do so in Toronto? It would be nice to see him finish his career in Ottawa though considering that is where it all began for him.
    No harm in bringing him in for a look. He has something that the Argos can use on the D...plenty of CFL experience.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No harm in bringing him in for a look. He has something that the Argos can use on the D...plenty of CFL experience.
    Also Hugo, Kenny Mainor and Keron Williams are still out there as well....

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What's strange is that they gave him a new contract with a hefty bonus once they traded for him. Rumour has it Banks was injured but Suitor reported he was a scratch. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in. He may be an upgrade over Jaime Robinson at LB. Not sure if he can still play as a DB.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    What's strange is that they gave him a new contract with a hefty bonus once they traded for him. Rumour has it Banks was injured but Suitor reported he was a scratch. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in. He may be an upgrade over Jaime Robinson at LB. Not sure if he can still play as a DB.
    About the only place I can see him fitting is as a replacement for Robinson who would then slide back into the secondary. Banks wants nothing less than to be a starter: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/06/2...-me-outta-here

As the article indicates, Banks has not been officially released yet but he wants out.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Watching the game the other night makes the Alonzo Lawrence release even more curious, thought he was one of the bright spots amongst the newcomers brought in last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Watching the game the other night makes the Alonzo Lawrence release even more curious, thought he was one of the bright spots amongst the newcomers brought in last year.
    Don't know about that. Lawrence played the wide side corner. The corners (Matt Ware and Brandan Smith) really weren't thrown at Thursday night. I thought the half backs and Matt Black had a very rough game. Again, it might just have been opening night jitters. Hopefully we see a a much better effort this week. Robinson was beaten a couple of times too, but he had good coverage (especially on the Kelly TD). A perfect pass and catch. I don't have an issue with getting beat if you have good coverage. Offensive players get paid to make plays too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Don't know about that. Lawrence played the wide side corner. The corners (Matt Ware and Brandan Smith) really weren't thrown at Thursday night. I thought the half backs and Matt Black had a very rough game. Again, it might just have been opening night jitters. Hopefully we see a a much better effort this week. Robinson was beaten a couple of times too, but he had good coverage (especially on the Kelly TD). A perfect pass and catch. I don't have an issue with getting beat if you have good coverage. Offensive players get paid to make plays too.
    Well said, as usual, AV. Underwood seemed to have the toughest time the other night among the defensive backs but I didn't notice any issues with the cornerbacks myself. I also agree with what you said about Robinson. His coverage was fine on a couple of plays but Willy made beautiful throws each time and the receivers did what they are paid to do as well.

I will be surprised if the Argos don't play much, much better on Saturday. It will be a tough test against an excellent offensive line but hopefully we see much more out of the defensive line against the Riders.