Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Nope, It was a Rider Fan. In my own stadium.

And you're right, I've met some awesome Rider Fans. But the more there is the more douchebags there is.
    As with any team that is having success. Just look at SOME of your Toronto Blue Jay fans.
    Old saying - 1 bad apple spoils the whole barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    There are people over at Riderfans.com licking their chops and predicting the failure of the Ottawa Franchise again. The perception out there is the majority of riderfans care only about the Riders, and would be perfectly happy with an 18 game schedule consisting of Team Rider White (with Green strips) vs Team Riders Green. Meanwhile, the majority of the fans from other teams across the league care more deeply about the league and it's health as a whole. Not saying it's you, but giving you what the other teams fanbases actually think of the Riders and their fan base. As I said, it's not because you guys are no longer the lovable losers."
    Now Mulder be honest, there is one vocal Riderfan member who wants the Ottawa franchise to fail (and you know who it is) and about six more who mention that every once in awhile.
    Green on Green games only? You think that is the majority view? Any you have taken a poll of the other fan bases to come to this conclusion? I have been a member of Riderfans and several other team websites since the forums started which was long before 2007. And the taunts, snarkiness and outright hatred of Roughriders and all things Saskatchewan by SOME posters on Eskfans, CFL Horseman and Ourbombers were there while we were still loveable losers. Now that we are winning and that SOME Rider fans are a douchebags, then the whole group is tainted?

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Big Green incestfest is what I call Mosaic. You never see other teams fans in there. I'm sure they don't let them in.
    LOL, actually I wish that other teams travelled as well as the Riders. I have seen more fights in BC place between Lions Fans than I have seen fights at Taylor Field.

You have your perceptions of Saskatchewan and that is fair. I and a vast majority of Saskatchewan Roughrider fans want every team and the entire league to be successful and continue to grow. We want to go to games in all the cities and have a tough time getting tickets because they are always sold out. I want to see a team in Quebec City and Halifax.

And I wish I had a magic bullet that would solve the Toronto enigma. But right now there doesn't seem to be one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    I have seen more fights in BC place between Lions Fans than I have seen fights at Taylor Field.
    Weird put probably true....dont ever step on a potheads munchies...you'd think the BC stoners would be the most mellow fans...haha...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Would be nice if all you saw in the stands was a sea of double blue.
    I truly admire and sometimes resent the loyalty of Rider fans and Ticat fans who show the gumption to travel to T.O. and make Argonaut home games actually feel like road games for the Argos. I also felt sick for our players during last years Eastern Final watching the Ticat players pumping up their crowd (which at least equalled our crowd size) and feeding off of their energy.
    I took that as a royal FU to our Argonauts and us Argofans!!!
    Did anyone else notice the Riders come out on the field during their intro and whoop it up at centre field hopping up and down on the Argonauts logo disrespectful shit to us and our team!!!
    Wake the hell up Toronto and support these guys that lay it on the line for our city!!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I truly admire and sometimes resent the loyalty of Rider fans and Ticat fans who show the gumption to travel to T.O. and make Argonaut home games actually feel like road games for the Argos. I also felt sick for our players during last years Eastern Final watching the Ticat players pumping up their crowd (which at least equalled our crowd size) and feeding off of their energy.
    Did anyone else notice the Riders come out on the field during their intro and whoop it up at centre field hopping up and down on the Argonauts logo disrespectful shit to us and our team!!!
    Wake the hell up Toronto and support these guys that lay it on the line for our city!!!!!!!!
    Okay Argo57, you're up! You are the one that will lead the pep rally before the game on Sat. ..... Where do you want to start? City Hall? ..... maybe on short notice it would be better to start at Maple Leaf Square ..... with our flags..... some horns.... the Argonotes..... you can lead us Argo 57 ! DO IT!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I think that TSN had a stat last Saturday which showed that the Argos are an abysmal 19-35 at home since the beginning of the '08 season. I guess it is now 20-35 after the win over the Riders but I wonder if anyone else has a worse home record over that time. BTW, the Argos haven't had a winning record at home since way back in '07.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that TSN had a stat last Saturday which showed that the Argos are an abysmal 19-35 at home since the beginning of the '08 season. I guess it is now 20-35 after the win over the Riders but I wonder if anyone else has a worse home record over that time. BTW, the Argos haven't had a winning record at home since way back in '07.
    Rogers Centre Syndrome

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah I noticed it, I've been to a lot of Argonauts games and I've never seen that before. I thought it was a very low class move by the Roughriders. Does anyone know if they spoke about it on the TV or Radio broadcast?

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yeah I noticed it, I've been to a lot of Argonauts games and I've never seen that before. I thought it was a very low class move by the Roughriders. Does anyone know if they spoke about it on the TV or Radio broadcast?
    Defending the logo, pre game

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    have the Argos disrespected other teams this season?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Okay Argo57, you're up! You are the one that will lead the pep rally before the game on Sat. ..... Where do you want to start? City Hall? ..... maybe on short notice it would be better to start at Maple Leaf Square ..... with our flags..... some horns.... the Argonotes..... you can lead us Argo 57 ! DO IT!
    Feeling better today Argocister, would love to lead the rally but I will be leading a pep rally Saturday for the new cricket stadium perhaps the Argos can be a tenant there!!

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    have the Argos disrespected other teams this season?
    The point I was making is that the Riders weren't the first team to do that, it's happened plenty of times. Most teams go to centre field when they exit the tunnel, not every team has their logo there.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The point I was making is that the Riders weren't the first team to do that, it's happened plenty of times. Most teams go to centre field when they exit the tunnel, not every team has their logo there.
    When we go to away games at McGill, T-Bone, you'll notice that the first place the Argos went was centre field, but there was a McGill logo there instead of a Montreal Alouettes logo.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I feel that the entire logo thing is overrated. If you don't want people walking on your logo, don't put it on the freaking ground.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    I feel that the entire logo thing is overrated. If you don't want people walking on your logo, don't put it on the freaking ground.
    Yeah, I agree.Teams congregate at centre field, not on top of the logo. Don't want them on the logo, then move the logo somewhere else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    + 1 on this.

Who really cares? It was overblown ever since the Terrell Owens incident when he played for the 49ers at Dallas.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Funny how fans care about stuff that the players don't give one iota of thought to.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Funny how fans care about stuff that the players don't give one iota of thought to.
    What makes you think that the players don't care? I know in the NHL the players don't let anyone (including the media) walk on their dressing room logo.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    What makes you think that the players don't care? I know in the NHL the players don't let anyone (including the media) walk on their dressing room logo.
    Both teams skate all over the logos at centre ice though. A locker room and a playing surface are two different things.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:

Level
    The ill informed view held by countless people that the ARGOS are a bush league / sub par caliber team and that somehow the NFL is the only real football . Is it arrogance or ignorance ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyice View Post
    The ill informed view held by countless people that the ARGOS are a bush league / sub par caliber team and that somehow the NFL is the only real football . Is it arrogance or ignorance?
    It's probably both. (Just like some of my friends who are leaf fans, when it comes to talking about hockey)