Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    my 2 cents

When the Argos play the Stamps, Hughes has to be double teamed. 5 blockers are not enough. They need to run a TE big FB type offense IMO against Calgary. Ricky Ray just needs time to throw not 5 or 6 receivers running around.

Is anybody else getting sick of watching these over officiated games this year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Is anybody else getting sick of watching these over officiated games this year?
    Definitely an issue. Like a bunch of other roughing the passer calls around the league, the one on the Stamps was brutal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I kind of thought the Argos looked pretty lifeless last night, and I was wondering if they were just feeding off that dead zone they play in. I thought about making the drive down to the game but I just didn't feel like going into that stadium. I don't even look forward to watching games on TV from that place anymore because I just know it's going to be a morbid atmosphere. I give credit to everyone who tries, but it just gets lost in that place. Although it was far from perfect, I much more enjoyed watching Ticat games in Guelph last year then anything I have wittness in Rogers Playpen the last little while. Mr Braley, you are a god send to the CFL and you help save this league many times over, but to save it further, you need to step aside from both your teams. I don't trust MLSE, or the idea of moving into BMO, but it that is the only option, then do it now rather than later. I am really getting sick and tired of being constantly worried about the future of this franchise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerkeeper View Post
    I kind of thought the Argos looked pretty lifeless last night, and I was wondering if they were just feeding off that dead zone they play in. I thought about making the drive down to the game but I just didn't feel like going into that stadium. I don't even look forward to watching games on TV from that place anymore because I just know it's going to be a morbid atmosphere. I give credit to everyone who tries, but it just gets lost in that place. Although it was far from perfect, I much more enjoyed watching Ticat games in Guelph last year then anything I have wittness in Rogers Playpen the last little while. Mr Braley, you are a god send to the CFL and you help save this league many times over, but to save it further, you need to step aside from both your teams. I don't trust MLSE, or the idea of moving into BMO, but it that is the only option, then do it now rather than later. I am really getting sick and tired of being constantly worried about the future of this franchise.
    On the Go train yesterday it really hit me that Toronto FC have far surpassed the Argonauts in popularity, majority of the people excited at the Ex.
    Listening to them speak there is a real buzz around the FC franchise.
    Stadium is like a tomb these days, as you touched on the team did look lifeless yesterday. Football is a game of emotion, hard for the players to get fired up with a debatable 16000 fans in a 50+k stadium.
    Something has to give soon regarding ownership and stadium as I fear the attendance will decline as the season goes on.

New Fan
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level

tailgate parties

Who do we write, to make them better
    NO ONE shows up!!!
    the cheerleaders come for 20mintutes to sign calendars thats it

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I noticed that Wayne Smith came into the game at one point. Did anyone see who he replaced (I don't think it was a short yardage extra lineman situation), or any other change on the OL? They didn't have a great game, and things aren't likely to get better if we're accumulating injuries. I wonder whether Sewell is ready to see action if we need him or just want to mix things up.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    At least during our first possession of the second half, the OL was Rogers-Holmes-Keeping-Smith-King. Did Van Zeyl get hurt, or was that a tactical change?

OL second half.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Van Zeyl got hurt at one point, possibly at the end of a possession. I didn't notice whether he was back in later, but Smith played a lot of tight end (along with Dupuis), and Sewell was in as a tight end for a few plays as well. On one play where Sewell lined up outside the left tackle, he appeared to get beaten by a fast pass rusher coming off the edge.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As a former 20 year in a row season ticket holder before moving west I have to admit having seasons again felt very disappointing and like I'm watching a very slow painful death. Just seeing the lack of attendance last night sucked the life out of the evening for me. I wouldn't expect any more from the Argos who must feel like shite looking at all of those blue seats. Sitting in section 219 you get a great view of empty seats on the west side with massive towering condos above. You think any of those, most likely new Torontonians even know what The Argonauts are or what game it is that they play? NO because Braley has become the second coming of Harry Ornest. A cheap but greedy man and from what I understand is the only reason we are not owned by MLSE by now. I think there was 10 grand tops in that cave last night. I'm upset, pissed, disappointed you name it, I can't sugar coat the mess that this organization is in. Then to top it off I had to ride the train back to Oshawa with a mess of happy TFC fans all decked out in nice merch. People have hit the TFC bandwagaon hard while the Argos aren't even thought of. Marketing is everything in a huge area like the GTA. You have to be on peoples minds and make it an event. An event without music please!!!! How about sounds of the game? The crap music blaring at every play stoppage has me wanting to go postal.

When will Braley open his yap and tell someone what his plans are? Cohon step off the Rider Green bandwagon and open the eyes about the mess Toronto's in.

Oh and the game sucked!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Again like in the Peg the lines, offensive and defensive and together with the DB's were atrocious.
    In fairness to Ray, I also hate the swing and or hitch type passes ad nausea um, he had absolutely no time to stay in the pocket and there were many rush passes.
    Meanwhile Bo Levi had so many steam bolts in the pocket I gave up counting.
    Overall a brutal effort.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Speaking of roughing the passer calls.... maybe this should go on another thread .... but....

I initially didnt have a strong feeling for or against. I could understand the arguments from both camps. LAtely though, it seems that the refs are calling too many roughing the passer penalties. Are the refs wanting to err on the side of calling too many rather not enough? Are they afraid that the next step is being able to challenge other penalties? The game between the Als and the Esks seemed to be so long because of all the penalties.

If the over officiated games pass, then I will still be undecided on this ROP challenge .... but I am beginning to think the ROP challenge is helping to initiate the over officiated games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Clearly the league has decided to protect QBs by erring on the side of caution. Not necessarily a bad strategy because without good QBs, the entertainment value is reduced. Hamilton is going to be without Collaros for a while as a result of an overly aggressive hit. That's bad for the league. Too many penalty calls are being made, and some of the PI challenge rulings make no sense whatsoever, but I can't complain about calling roughing the passer if it's on the edge.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Clearly the league has decided to protect QBs by erring on the side of caution. Not necessarily a bad strategy because without good QBs, the entertainment value is reduced. Hamilton is going to be without Collaros for a while as a result of an overly aggressive hit. That's bad for the league. Too many penalty calls are being made, and some of the PI challenge rulings make no sense whatsoever, but I can't complain about calling roughing the passer if it's on the edge.
    Yea .... Sorry I meant PI challenges .... That's what comes from late night posting .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Paul, I don't believe the occassional 15 yard penalty is going to stop the QB's from getting hit. The fact is, that some of these calls are ridiculous. It's not a matter of erring on the side of caution. It's more a matter of the officials have no clue or feel for the sport. When a QB ducks to try and escape a sack and contact is made high as the result of him ducking, it is not a penalty. When I see roughing the passer being called on a sack, I scratch my head. Roughing the passer is a penalty when the QB is hit after releasing the ball. If the ball has not been thrown, how in the world can it be a roughing the passer penalty?

Bottom line: The officiating through 3 weeks has been brutal. Not just in Argos games, but all over.

When you actually hear Glen Suitor and Duane Ford question some of the calls that have been made, you know it's bad. Historically, they have always slanted on the side of the officials calls, rarely questioning even the most obvious of poor calls.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I thought the roughing the passer penalty against Calgary was a bad joke, looked like a typical QB sack to me.
    Next step will be 2 hand touch on any QB sack.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sorry to bring this back up, but I was away on vacation and didn't see anyone bring this up, but on the first Stamps touchdown (the trick play), wasn't Mitchell across the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball? I saw the flag and they were looking for 2 forward passes but as I was watching (with the game on quiet as I was hanging out with others) it totally looked like he was way across the line and I thought for sure it was coming back. It looked like about 2 yards over according to the replay. Everything steamrolled from there but I didn't think that one should've counted.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up, but I was away on vacation and didn't see anyone bring this up, but on the first Stamps touchdown (the trick play), wasn't Mitchell across the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball? I saw the flag and they were looking for 2 forward passes but as I was watching (with the game on quiet as I was hanging out with others) it totally looked like he was way across the line and I thought for sure it was coming back. It looked like about 2 yards over according to the replay. Everything steamrolled from there but I didn't think that one should've counted.
    No. Think about it. Mitchell has to be behind Sanders, and Sanders gets a direct snap so when he gets the ball he can still move up a few steps. Looks like the LOS was at around the 50, Mitchell threw the ball at the 47-48 yard line. Just hard to see as the line collapses. Nothing wrong with the play.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I actually re-watched this play online several times as I initially thought the same. The play started as 2 and 4 with the ball on Calgary's 52 yard line. It was snapped back to Sanders (#2) who caught it on the 46. Sanders runs back to the 45 yard line and passes to Mitchell who catches the ball on the 44 3/4 yard line. Mitchell then steps up and throws the ball forward when his front foot is on the 47 yard line.

I believe the whole play is legal as the original line of scrimmage was the 52 yard line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I actually re-watched this play online several times as I initially thought the same. The play started as 2 and 4 with the ball on Calgary's 52 yard line. It was snapped back to Sanders (#2) who caught it on the 46. Sanders runs back to the 45 yard line and passes to Mitchell who catches the ball on the 44 3/4 yard line. Mitchell then steps up and throws the ball forward when his front foot is on the 47 yard line.

I believe the whole play is legal as the original line of scrimmage was the 52 yard line.
    Absolutely legal and another play that the head ref blew. If there was no replay, the Stamps would have been robbed of a TD.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for clarifying that one for me. It was a good play.