Thread: Atmosphere

New Fan
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Atmosphere

Time for people to stop complaining about the atmosphere at the Dome and start creating an atmosphere at the Dome. At the end of it all, it's all about the fans who make it what it is. We need to rise up and BE THE DIFFERENCE. No more of just sitting back in your seat while your team in on defense. Stand up, clap your hands and be heard. The more people ( true fans ) do it, the more other people or new fans will join you. It just takes a few people to start making the difference. It's VERY sad when visiting team fans are able to generate more noise than Argos fans at a home game at the Dome. Making noise and creating more of an ATMOSPHERE at games will make it fun for everyone. Try not to be so shy and polite. If you LOVE this team, let's get up and prove it!!!

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    GiVENS38? It's always refreshing when someone new comes to the board to tell everyone that their not "true fans" unless they support the team as they do. Welcome aboard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    GiVENS38? It's always refreshing when someone new comes to the board to tell everyone that their not "true fans" unless they support the team as they do. Welcome aboard.
    What are you complaining about? There's a well known banner that a fan or group of fans hang at every Argo game that says "True Fans make noise". Do you complain about that too?

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Can you define "true fan" ?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    T-Bone can speak for himself but I think he is saying that it is tad insulting to suggest that someone is not a "true fan" if he/she does not make a lot of noise at games. We all like a lot of noise in the stadium (at the right times, that is), but I would never accuse someone of being less than a true fan based solely on their willingness to yell. Mind you, accusations that individuals are not "true fans" are not new to this board.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Oh for god sakes. Is there never an end to what some people here will nitpik on? The guy is just saying he would think it would be better if fans made noise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with BleedingDoubleBlue.... it is up to us to create the atmosphere we want... if we want the RoyThompson Hall environment... we wont say a word during the performance. .... If we want to go over the top, we will act like Sask fans.
    Pick your weapon.... but at a football game I dont think anyone should complain if people are making more noise. It is true though, the more persons making noise, the more others will join in .... unless you are the person given the tickets in front of my seat (they are always different people cheering for different teams, but always used) .... Its always a joke as to when they move.... I think I have a screechy voice or I just bug them too much with my cheering :O
    there are some new ticket holders behind me, and by the end of last year they were joining in ....its that old addage... if you can't shut them up, join 'em

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I yell in section 115 all game and some ignorant people look at me,sometimes told to sit down but alcohol helps numb the pain lol. We will be drunk, loud and proud this Saturday,8 of us doing our job hopefully getting others to join us

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    What are you complaining about?
    paulwoods13 summed up my position perfectly. If you want to motivate people to do something there is probably a better way of going about it than implying they are inferior right off the bat.

It would be nice to have more people making noise but I'm not going to fault someone who is not in to doing that. We can use all the fans we can get "true" or "untrue".

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I yell myself hoarse at games, and clap my hands till they're red. I do so with the hope it's contagious.

Despite the thin attendance at the last game, I was actually quite pleased with the crowd. The ECF last year, not so much despite a larger attendance. Different levels of compete in either game, but it would be nice if at least the fans that do make noise be consistent and not clam up when the game isn't going the best.

That said, I'd welcome a move out of the Dome. The Argos need more respect as a tenant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I am with anyone who wants us to make more noise. The atmosphere is us !! People complain about the atmosphere but expect everyone else to provide it... true fan or not. I am ringing my cowbell as soon as the opposition walks to their huddle and don't stop until the snap of the ball. Probably annoys some fans near me, but that is the way football is to be. Ever listen to the stories about the deafening sound in Seattle, and even Saskatchewan. I find it part of the fun and doing my bit to cause the other team to go off side or miss the play clock. When that happens, I feel like I was a small part of that. The home opener was one of the quietest crowds I've seen. At times, all I could hear was my own cowbell. I got that because I cannot yell very loud.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    All fans need a cowbell or a horn... I have a bell now since my horn broke (could never get it to work right anyways).
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    I couldn't yell all the time cause the heat was draining all my strength... what a cooker!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I yell at my TV in Vancouver. Does that count?
    Welcome on board the good ship Argo, BleedingDoubleBlue. Ignore the nitpickers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I yell at my TV in Vancouver. Does that count? .........
    Definitely!!! The louder the better.... And if the neighbours hear you , even better!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    paulwoods13 summed up my position perfectly. If you want to motivate people to do something there is probably a better way of going about it than implying they are inferior right off the bat.

It would be nice to have more people making noise but I'm not going to fault someone who is not in to doing that. We can use all fans we can get "true" or "untrue".
    All he said was the more fans that do it, the more that others will see it as something to do. I'm not sure of his definition of what a true fan is, but I will suppose that he means those of you who are there every game or most every game. Lead the charge. Its my opinion that those of you who are there most games are already making a lot of noise, but I really don't see what there is to nitpik about what he said. But I noticed there are a few people who always feel the need to come up with a counter negative post to what some people post. But whatever floats their boat. Maybe they feel superior to other Argo fans for some reason or another. I don't know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    All he said was the more fans that do it, the more that others will see it as something to do. I'm not sure of his definition of what a true fan is, but I will suppose that he means those of you who are there every game or most every game. Lead the charge. Its my opinion that those of you who are there most games are already making a lot of noise, but I really don't see what there is to nitpik about what he said. But I noticed there are a few people who always feel the need to come up with a counter negative post to what some people post. But whatever floats their boat. Maybe they feel superior to other Argo fans for some reason or another. I don't know.
    Actually, he said, in part: "The more people ( true fans ) do it, the more other people or new fans will join you." Thereby implying that those who don't do it are not true fans. That's insulting to some of us who are true fans, regardless of whether or not we make noise. And my boat is still afloat.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Toronto sports crowds have always had a reputation as being quiet. Since my Argo fandom was not at the height of the team's popularity can someone tell me if the crowds defied the Toronto reputation at CNE?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Toronto sports crowds have always had a reputation as being quiet. Since my Argo fandom was not at the height of the team's popularity can someone tell me if the crowds defied the Toronto reputation at CNE?
    The crowds were quite rowdy back then. Not necessarily a better thing, because it did result in the occasional fight in the crowd.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Maybe they feel superior to other Argo fans for some reason or another. I don't know.
    Regardless of BleedingDoubleBlue's intentions, that's how the post reads in my opinion.