View Poll Results: Are you currently a Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket Holder?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 50.98%
  • No

25 49.02%
Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Since 1981, with the exception of 2 years in the early or mid 90's. The only reason I didn't buy those years was because there were people in those season's along Front Street selling these Argos coupon packages for $20. The packages included about 10 or 15 coupons to get 2 for 1 tickets so in the end, it was a much cheaper option. Perhaps the greatest CFL deals ever.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Since 1981, with the exception of 2 years in the early or mid 90's. The only reason I didn't buy those years was because there were people in those season's along Front Street selling these Argos coupon packages for $20. The packages included about 10 or 15 coupons to get 2 for 1 tickets so in the end, it was a much cheaper option. Perhaps the greatest CFL deals ever.
    In 2008 and 2009 they had a package at 7-Eleven that included two tickets, two t-shirts, and two slurpees. I went to two games in 2008 and in 2009 I went to all but one or two games using those packages. They also worked out cheaper than season tickets at the time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    In 2008 and 2009 they had a package at 7-Eleven that included two tickets, two t-shirts, and two slurpees. I went to two games in 2008 and in 2009 I went to all but one or two games using those packages. They also worked out cheaper than season tickets at the time.
    I remember that promotion, but by that time, I was happy with my seat location at the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Am I the only one who remembers / used the Dominion $9.99 Vouchers?

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I don't remember them personally but I have seen them mentioned here before I believe. Prior to 2008 I think I only attended one Argo game in 1996.

ArgoTicket.JPG

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't remember them personally but I have seen them mentioned here before I believe. Prior to 2008 I think I only attended one Argo game in 1996.
    Yeah IIRC the Dominion $9.99 Argonauts Voucher promotion was around the mid to late 90's. I'll have to check my old ticket stubs. After you redeemed the Voucher they would stamp the tickets in red ink to denote the $9.99 price.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I remember that too, but like with the 7-11 deal, I was and continue to be happy with my current location at the games.

Can't remember which year it was, but I remember the one year where for $22, you could sit in the 100 level endzone and all you can eat pizza. Another offer I didn't take advantage of though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I remember that too, but like with the 7-11 deal, I was and continue to be happy with my current location at the games.

Can't remember which year it was, but I remember the one year where for $22, you could sit in the 100 level endzone and all you can eat pizza. Another offer I didn't take advantage of though.
    I took advantage of the Pizza Pizza deal a few times. You could only get Pepperoni or Cheese & only 2 slices at a time but it was well worth it! They'd also come around to the seats with slices a couple times a game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    2004 and 2005, 2 vouchers in the end zone for $19.99 at Domininion. Good deal, endzone was packed.

Remember a 2 for 1 Sportchek deal in 2002, they still had Jenkins...2 tickets for $34 in Section 127 corner. Hardly any people used to use those. I remember going to a BC Lions game that was empty in that visitor side corner. It was the game when Damon Allen ran out of bounds towards the TV cart and ran into it, was never critical of him after seeing him attempt to reach that first down with guys chasing him.

Had flex's in the past, and bought single game tix this year...never had seasons, but have already put a deposit for a pair next season at BMO.

How many are going to sign up for Season Tickets now that the move to BMO Field has been confirmed?
    Done, as outdoor football is the way the game should be played. The elements are part of the game especially the Canadian Football game...poor Swayze had his FG kicks move the width of a small car, as if passed by a big truck on a highway. That's all part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    that's honestly shameful. i am still simmering a bit over the THF games in that ticats SSH got freebies while Argos SSH had to pony up loot. I was planning to attend both but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

cannot believe they are nickel and diming us SSH based on that playoff tix "would have" cost more - just pathetic at this point and solidifies my stance of taking my refund at this point.
    I got a pair of tix from a Hamiltonian sitting on his veranda across the street of THF for the Calgary game. I used 1 and could not find someone to give the other ticket too. I was very happy to get a freebie after making the drive on what turned out to be a chilly day. At least I checked out the stadium, and walked around sitting in different sections of THF...BMO is going to be awesome based on the THF sightlines which are similar.

Did the Argos even have a box office open for people who wanted to purchase tickets by walk-up, as that's what I was looking for when I got offered the free tix?