View Poll Results: Are you currently a Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket Holder?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 50.98%
  • No

25 49.02%
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    To be fair their was no one else at the time willing to buy the team so he did save the team. He has also hurt the loyal fan base though. When your ticket holders that buy pretty much no matter are feed up, things have gone terribly wrong somewhere.
    To be honest, the TSN deal was very likely contingent on there being a Toronto team. IMO, the league would have pulled 500k from each team to cover any losses the Argos incurred as the league itself ran them. The owners would not object to it, because the reality is with no Toronto team, each team would likely lose a lot more than 500k a year from the re-jigged TV deal. I call total BS on the theory that Braley saved them. What did the league give him over his ownership period? 4 Grey Cups between Toronto and B.C?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    Where would one find prices for Season tickets? Levels and such?
    There are no prices listed yet for 2016 season tickets and I've heard nothing will be out until the new year after the new owners take over. You can put down a $50 deposit here though to get a spot in line for new season tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    To be honest, the TSN deal was very likely contingent on there being a Toronto team. IMO, the league would have pulled 500k from each team to cover any losses the Argos incurred as the league itself ran them. The owners would not object to it, because the reality is with no Toronto team, each team would likely lose a lot more than 500k a year from the re-jigged TV deal. I call total BS on the theory that Braley saved them. What did the league give him over his ownership period? 4 Grey Cups between Toronto and B.C?
    I'm sorry I'm over the "braley saved us" nonsense too. I'm of the mindset that he's made money on owning the Argos given the number of Grey Cups he's been given over the past few years. Again it's private ownership and his P&L and personal finances are none of my business (or any of ours) but I don't think he's been bleeding. This season for the Argos has no doubt cut into his profits a bit, but overall he's up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    My pair of seasons were $1098 for 8 home games plus a play off game.
    My refund was $439.20...that math isn't adding up for me. yes, i'm arguing over $48.80. But to me it's the principal.
    I feel bad for the rep...I understand it's beyond his control. But now he's saying that the "bonus" vouchers were factored in. In that case, that's not a real bonus. I don't benefit from the extra tickets as I'm already at the game. Don't call them a bonus and then tell me I paid for them. It's not easy finding people to give away free tickets to for the Argos.

Ticat's just sent me an email offering me seasons for 50% off...it's starting to sound really appealing. I could never cheer for them but I just want to watch football.

I'd agree with you, IF the preseason game wasn't all general admission at $25 at Varsity. Why should joe shmoe off the street pay $25 while a season ticket holder pays whatever the prices of their season ticket was??? How is that a benefit??? SO the people who sit in the field level seats at $150 per game should also pay that for a game at Varsity stadium?
    the free "bonus" tickets are now in the equation? this is beyond comical - I'll see how my refund checks out but I'm sure poor Rob will hear about it whether it's out of his control or not.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If the current regime has done enough to alienate someone like Ania then I don't know what could constitiute a larger indictment of that regime.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    There are no prices listed yet for 2016 season tickets and I've heard nothing will be out until the new year after the new owners take over. You can put down a $50 deposit here though to get a spot in line for new season tickets.
    awesome thank you!

I'm still debating with this or flex...

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    If the current regime has done enough to alienate someone like Ania then I don't know what could constitiute a larger indictment of that regime.
    Thanks Will...I'm sure i'll be back. I want to give them one year to see if they win me back. But Matt is dead set at not renewing

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I have bronze tickets and the amount I received was the right amount, minus the credit I used for next years deposits. For most sports organizations the pre season game price is usually the same as the regular season price, so I'm not following on the complaints about the pre season game.
    For most sports organizations the pre-season game isn't general admission with all tickets priced the same.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Exclamation

"Copeland says that they will be focused on season ticket holders, a group that he called “amazingly resilient.” He’s aware of the damage that has been done to the team’s brand, which has been so severe that the 2015 season caused even the most loyal Argo fans to throw up their hands in frustration.

The finishing touches are being done to the seating chart and the ticket prices for the upcoming season, and the changes have at least intrigued some fans who previously had little to no interest in the Argos, or the league. That’s the group that needs to have its passion ignited.

The first home game will no doubt capture the public’s attention, at least for the short term. So what would Copeland like to hear from fans as they leave BMO Field after that initial experience?
    “I had no idea it could be that good,” he said.
    A lofty goal, but it’s one the new president sincerely believes can be achieved.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/new-boss-co...build-1.397166

"What’s the latest on ticket prices and seating for next year?

We’re working on developing the final seating map for the football configuration. We hope to have it done in the next few weeks. Once we get that done, we can finalize the ticket pricing. Then people can select their seats for next year. In the interim, we’ve given people the opportunity to put a deposit down ($50) on season tickets at argosatbmofield.ca. When the season charts and the pricing are finished, we’re going to contact season-ticket holders in order of seniority and they can pick their seats."

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/sport...ate-magic.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just put my deposit x 2 today!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    Thanks Will...I'm sure i'll be back. I want to give them one year to see if they win me back. But Matt is dead set at not renewing
    He his holding a grudge against former ownership. It sounds like the new regime will treat ST and regular fans very well. Why not begin with a fresh start with people that had nothing to do with the last group, even distancing themselves almost completely, and resume enjoying awesome Argonauts football?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    He his holding a grudge against former ownership. It sounds like the new regime will treat ST and regular fans very well. Why not begin with a fresh start with people that had nothing to do with the last group, even distancing themselves almost completely, and resume enjoying awesome Argonauts football?
    Why not have the new owners (once they take over) make it right in regards to this unfair refund policy / process?

Why should the onus be on the customer to forgive and forget? If new owners took over Rogers would everyone just forgive and forget?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Why not have the new owners (once they take over) make it right in regards to this unfair refund policy / process?

Why should the onus be on the customer to forgive and forget? If new owners took over Rogers would everyone just forgive and forget?
    That's just it, no one has to forgive and forget. No need to suppress those feeling towards Braley and etc. No different then the feelings I had for Sherward Swartz. Time moves on and it's a tiresome stance to deny having a great time because protesting a former ownership takes precedence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's just it, no one has to forgive and forget. No need to suppress those feeling towards Braley and etc. No different then the feelings I had for Sherward Swartz. Time moves on and it's a tiresome stance to deny having a great time because protesting a former ownership takes precedence.
    To each their own. Some people choose to stand on their principles and this may be the final straw. A lot of people don't differentiate between ownership groups, the Argonauts are the Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    To each their own. Some people choose to stand on their principles and this may be the final straw. A lot of people don't differentiate between ownership groups, the Argonauts are the Argonauts.
    I understand, but that's exactly what I am trying to make known. "Restaurant Under New Management" is the staple that makes people give their old favorite another try, to believe it can be good again. No different than the Argonauts. Same great storied franchise, but with new management and bonuses. Exciting times best enjoyed together, rather than unjustified (IMO), self absorbed protest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I understand, but that's exactly what I am trying to make known. "Restaurant Under New Management" is the staple that makes people give their old favorite another try, to believe it can be good again. No different than the Argonauts. Same great storied franchise, but with new management and bonuses. Exciting times best enjoyed together, rather than unjustified (IMO), self absorbed protest.
    I agree about giving them one last chance but that's our opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I certainly won't judge them for having a different one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Well if Copeland goal of 20,000 STH comes truth, there may be no room for him to come back, as they will cap ST at 20,000

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Well if Copeland goal of 20,000 STH comes truth, there may be no room for him to come back, as they will cap ST at 20,000
    I'm sure he will suck it up for one more year. And hopefully the new ownership will change his mind. We'll find out in the new year I guess what they've got planned for all of us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Just put my deposit x 2 today!
    I just paid my deposit for 2 seats as well.
    I've been told ticket prices will range from "the cheapest to the most expensive" in the CFL depending where you sit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I just paid my deposit for 2 seats as well.
    I've been told ticket prices will range from "the cheapest to the most expensive" in the CFL depending where you sit.
    I bet they are counting on a lot of corporate sales this year, and that will likely be the most expensive. I'm willing to pay what I have in years past, but I'm betting comparable seats to what I have had are going to be cheaper this year.

Oh my...I just used the term "bet" twice in a post. Do I have a problem?
    It's us vs the rest of the country