View Poll Results: Are you currently a Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket Holder?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 50.98%
  • No

25 49.02%
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    sthfan1988 welcome to the site.
    What he said!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thank you. I've been following this forum for a while. Hope to contribute to it from now on.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    So i just received my refund for the 3 missed home games plus playoff game. They have calculated it based on 10 games. Which in my opinion isn't fair at all.

My season tickets were $549 each. Divide that by 10 games it's $54.90. That means they charged me that amount for a $25 preseason game. When I called for clarification on the calculation I was told it's because the playoff game would have been more so it evens out.

While I understand their logic it really angers me royally. We've been treated like crap as season ticket holders these last couple of years. I'm jealous of ti-cat fans. I've never thought I'd say those words. They're treated like gold. And I know we all think that it will be different next season...but at this point my husband is so pissed off that he will not be renewing his tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    that's honestly shameful. i am still simmering a bit over the THF games in that ticats SSH got freebies while Argos SSH had to pony up loot. I was planning to attend both but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

cannot believe they are nickel and diming us SSH based on that playoff tix "would have" cost more - just pathetic at this point and solidifies my stance of taking my refund at this point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    cannot believe they are nickel and diming us SSH based on that playoff tix "would have" cost more - just pathetic at this point and solidifies my stance of taking my refund at this point.
    Nothing should surprise us. The outgoing owner definitely does not have to please any current customers. But hey...some actually believe he saved the Argos...obviously I don't feel that way.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    That is ridiculous. Getting the playoff game for cheaper than normal was in response to losing a home game and a thank you for our understanding. We didn't get a home opener or a home playoff game so why should we be paying more for the pre-season game than someone of the street picking up a ticket? That logical is actually flawed in my opinion, season ticket holders should never be paying more than face value for tickets otherwise what is the point in season tickets than?

I also personal think they should include the playoff game in the ticket package every year and then refund it if it doesn't happen. I would be willing to pay a little more every year for that as I understand selling tickets in a week is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Nothing should surprise us. The outgoing owner definitely does not have to please any current customers. But hey...some actually believe he saved the Argos...obviously I don't feel that way.
    To be fair their was no one else at the time willing to buy the team so he did save the team. He has also hurt the loyal fan base though. When your ticket holders that buy pretty much no matter are feed up, things have gone terribly wrong somewhere.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Just called my wife at work as she bought our seasons and we just got our refund and she thinks it looks correct.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Just called my wife at work as she bought our seasons and we just got our refund and she thinks it looks correct.
    It is correct....but depending on your price level it isn't fair. i shouldn't be paying $54 for a preseason game at Varsity that I couldn't see any of either. Their accessible seats are level with the field. Couldn't see over the players at all.

If your seasons are around $25 per game then it makes sense. But if you pay higher it doesn't.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    agree with the overall setiment here - at this point nothing should surprise us and this isn't the first time team Braley has used utterly flawed logic to make or save a few bucks. Seriously though, he's probably "saved" between $5 - 10k in total with this sleight which makes it all the more pathetic IMO.

Anyhow thanks for pointing this out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My total refund amount doesn't seem right either. I have 2 tickets with a face value of $67 Each, got a refund of $265 and change and we only took One $30 ticket out of our account credit balance.

Emailed our rep asking for a break down of the credit amount.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    My total refund amount doesn't seem right either. I have 2 tickets with a face value of $67 Each, got a refund of $265 and change and we only took One $30 ticket out of our account credit balance.

Emailed our rep asking for a break down of the credit amount.
    All they did was take your total price of season ticket. Divide it by 10 and multiplied by 4. It doesn't matter what the facevalue of the actual ticket is.

It's not right...I hope more people complain.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    All they did was take your total price of season ticket. Divide it by 10 and multiplied by 4. It doesn't matter what the facevalue of the actual ticket is.

It's not right...I hope more people complain.
    Yes I understand that but it still doesn't seem to add up correctly when you have 4 missed games X 2 tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    guys at this point i think we all have the same ticket "rep"

from talking to ours last week... don't think there are too many bodies left in that argos office period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Here's the note I got in response to my query for an accounting of the calculation. I can live with it:

The default silver level refund for a pair of tickets looks like this:

Oct 6 - $109.80

Oct 17 - $109.80

Oct 23 - $109.80

Playoffs - $109.80

Subtotal $439.20

You used attended both October 17 and 23 in Hamilton, so $70 from each game would be subtracted so your actual refund looked like this:

Oct 6 - $109.80

Oct 17 - $39.80

Oct 23 - $39.80

Playoffs - $109.80

Total Refund $299.20

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have bronze tickets and the amount I received was the right amount, minus the credit I used for next years deposits. For most sports organizations the pre season game price is usually the same as the regular season price, so I'm not following on the complaints about the pre season game.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    My pair of seasons were $1098 for 8 home games plus a play off game.
    My refund was $439.20...that math isn't adding up for me. yes, i'm arguing over $48.80. But to me it's the principal.
    I feel bad for the rep...I understand it's beyond his control. But now he's saying that the "bonus" vouchers were factored in. In that case, that's not a real bonus. I don't benefit from the extra tickets as I'm already at the game. Don't call them a bonus and then tell me I paid for them. It's not easy finding people to give away free tickets to for the Argos.

Ticat's just sent me an email offering me seasons for 50% off...it's starting to sound really appealing. I could never cheer for them but I just want to watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I have bronze tickets and the amount I received was the right amount, minus the credit I used for next years deposits. For most sports organizations the pre season game price is usually the same as the regular season price, so I'm not following on the complaints about the pre season game.
    I'd agree with you, IF the preseason game wasn't all general admission at $25 at Varsity. Why should joe shmoe off the street pay $25 while a season ticket holder pays whatever the prices of their season ticket was??? How is that a benefit??? SO the people who sit in the field level seats at $150 per game should also pay that for a game at Varsity stadium?

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm very tempted to get TiCats at 50% off. If I recall correctly I saw one package being as low as $19 a game!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Me too. I ended up going to both games in Hamilton, so I was refunded only for 2 games in the end. I was not happy this year with the circus that was, but I'm not going to complain (anymore). Just looking forward to bigger and better things going forward.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Where would one find prices for Season tickets? Levels and such?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Am I the only one who remembers / used the Dominion $9.99 Vouchers?
    2004 and 2005, 2 vouchers in the end zone for $19.99 at Domininion. Good deal, endzone was packed.

Remember a 2 for 1 Sportchek deal in 2002, they still had Jenkins...2 tickets for $34 in Section 127 corner. Hardly any people used to use those. I remember going to a BC Lions game that was empty in that visitor side corner. It was the game when Damon Allen ran out of bounds towards the TV cart and ran into it, was never critical of him after seeing him attempt to reach that first down with guys chasing him.

Had flex's in the past, and bought single game tix this year...never had seasons, but have already put a deposit for a pair next season at BMO.

How many are going to sign up for Season Tickets now that the move to BMO Field has been confirmed?
    Done, as outdoor football is the way the game should be played. The elements are part of the game especially the Canadian Football game...poor Swayze had his FG kicks move the width of a small car, as if passed by a big truck on a highway. That's all part of the game.

that's honestly shameful. i am still simmering a bit over the THF games in that ticats SSH got freebies while Argos SSH had to pony up loot. I was planning to attend both but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

I got a pair of tix from a Hamiltonian sitting on his veranda across the street of THF for the Calgary game. I used 1 and could not find someone to give the other ticket too. I was very happy to get a freebie after making the drive on what turned out to be a chilly day. At least I checked out the stadium, and walked around sitting in different sections of THF...BMO is going to be awesome based on the THF sightlines which are similar.

Did the Argos even have a box office open for people who wanted to purchase tickets by walk-up, as that's what I was looking for when I got offered the free tix?