Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Another reason that the ST's (and probably overall attendance) are down is likely the price increase this year. I have mentioned this before, but I didn't renew my tickets until March (as I always do), and even though I was warned about a price increase after the early bird renewal, not in my wildest dreams did I expect about a 30% increase. I have bronze seats, and my ticket went from $280 to $367.50 this season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Another reason that the ST's (and probably overall attendance) are down is likely the price increase this year. I have mentioned this before, but I didn't renew my tickets until March (as I always do), and even though I was warned about a price increase after the early bird renewal, not in my wildest dreams did I expect about a 30% increase. I have bronze seats, and my ticket went from $280 to $367.50 this season.
    I didn't think of this but it's a very good point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I didn't think of this but it's a very good point.
    I can totally understand if someone that wasn't a diehard fan would walk away from such an increase.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I can totally understand if someone that wasn't a diehard fan would walk away from such an increase.
    Also knowing you can get any ticket you want game day because the place is not full does not help season ticket sales. I wonder how many people buy single tickets in the end zone and move also.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    A 30% increase in ticket prices for a team that can barely fill have their seats in a half sized stadium is not exactly a good understanding of supply and demand ecomomics...That's basic economics 101, so it should be no surprise for the team that attendance has fallen. This organization has always done that. I made a previous post yesterday harkening back to when the team raised prices by at least 50% in '92 during the McNall years and it took the Argos 4-6 years to get the crowds back to the levels of 25,000+.

Someone wrote that Season ticket sales are bad because tickets can always be bought on game day...but even single game tickets sold prior to gameday is affected because of the ridiculous service charges from ticketmaster...$7.75 - $9.00 per ticket is ridiculous and would not entice me to buy tickets prior to gameday...I'll wait as many do till gameday, and if something comes up...oh well, like many, I unfortunately may not go...because ticketmaster service charges have discouraged me from making that obligation to get tickets before gameday...if the charges on top of the Argo box office charge was reasonable...no problem, I understand the service, but nearly $10 a ticket on top of the listed price is BS. They may not even have paper expenses if you print your tix at home using your own paper and there charging fans $9 for service fees...Just ridiculous.

Whenever I've recently thought about getting seasons, I've always been turned off by the hiked ticket prices to compound those surcharges . You can call me frugal, cheap or whatever, but I have other expenses that are a priority and I don't like being dicked around...advertise the price you want people to pay...don't just list a price and then add a bunch of surcharges and fees on top of that. Worse yet is the justification of it with small print, as it makes me feel like I'm being duped.
    I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels this way based on the attendance numbers at the stadium and ratings numbers watching on TV.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post

Whenever I've recently thought about getting seasons, I've always been turned off by the hiked ticket prices to compound those surcharges . You can call me frugal, cheap or whatever, but I have other expenses that are a priority and I don't like being dicked around...advertise the price you want people to pay...don't just list a price and then add a bunch of surcharges and fees on top of that. Worse yet is the justification of it with small print, as it makes me feel like I'm being duped.
    I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels this way based on the attendance numbers at the stadium and ratings numbers watching on TV.
    You're so right about this. Argos website listed my tickets at $299 for the season. As I said, I paid $280 last season, so I was thinking a $20 hike for 10 games isn't that bad. Then when I called my rep and he told me that the actual price after fees was $367.50, I really felt misled. The team should put the full price, including all taxes and surcharges on their website so as not to mislead their fans. I took it as a big F.U.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    You're so right about this. Argos website listed my tickets at $299 for the season. As I said, I paid $280 last season, so I was thinking a $20 hike for 10 games isn't that bad. Then when I called my rep and he told me that the actual price after fees was $367.50, I really felt misled. The team should put the full price, including all taxes and surcharges on their website so as not to mislead their fans. I took it as a big F.U.
    I agree they should list the total price, they can still give the breakdown to show all the fees so that it's clear that they're not getting all of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Speaking of days of the week, the next two home games are on a Tuesday night and a Sunday night which would presumably be better for all of the cottagers. What will the Argos draw for those two games against Winnipeg and David Braley's other team? BTW, the Argos don't play at home for a month and then after the Winnipeg and B.C. games which occur in the same week, they don't play at home again until October.
    And the sad thing is that this season's schedule is better than last season's.