Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ottawa Redblacks may have something to do with it as well. I was a Renegades fan before the Argos, when they folded I went to the Argos. I'm sticking with the Argos BUT now I have 4 options to watch the Argos Play

1. Rogers Center (2.5 hr drive)
    2. Hamilton (4 hr drive)
    3. Ottawa (1.5 hr drive)
    4. TV

I plan on going to a game in Hamilton and Ottawa this year to see the new stadiums. The rest I will watch on TV. Last game the Rogers center we had some problems with the staff as well, which I had posted about on here. If the redblacks hadn't come back I would have likely bought a flex pack again but this year my dollars are going to the other teams stadiums, partly due to the new stadiums. We are a family of 5, so it only makes up 10-15 ticket sales (typically do 3 games a year) but I can't help but wonder how many others are in a similar boat? how many Renegades fans are now cheering for the Redblacks instead of the Argos?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Apparently the concessions at TD Place are better and a lot cheaper too. I was told that a King Can of beer is only $3, I'll confirm on Friday.
    wow, 3 bucks?. Clearly the new owners in Ottawa give a shite about the fans and are looking to build a foundation of strong support. good on em

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    wow, 3 bucks?. Clearly the new owners in Ottawa give a shite about the fans and are looking to build a foundation of strong support. good on em
    Yeah Jeff Hunt seems to be doing things the right way. Here's an article on the Menu for TD Place Stadium:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Joanne+...221/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Then why did the Argos get nowhere near 29,000 for another game...I was at that game and there were a ton of ticat fans, easily 10-12,000.

As for the playoff game, that was even worse. I think there were easily 17 -21,000 Ticat fans. It was practically their home game even though it was in Toronto.
    I was at all of the home games against Hamilton last season and I disagree with your estimates.