Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Attended my first game of the year today. Maybe I am getting old, but I must admit I really am bothered by the blaring dance music that get played excessively between plays. I really don't enjoy that atmosphere for football. I remember going to games when I could carry on a conversation with the person next to me.
    Maybe it depends where you sit but I didn't have any problems carrying on a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Home theatre and I suspect costs are the biggest hindrance to attendance these days.
    Although CFL tickets are reasonably priced in comparison with other pro sports by the time you add in parking (or Go Train) dinner or the bloated (borderline criminal) concession prices it make for an expensive event. I'm sure many "average" folks simply can't justify such expense these days.
    In an attempt to create some kind of atmosphere inside the stadium the Argonauts definitely overcompensate with endless yelling by the i house announcers (Landry and Strizzy)and loud crap music which has me longing for the old days when you could actually carry on a conversation (as gillthethrill also eluded to) as well as Fred Locking's play summary.
    I'd say that traffic and the hassle to get to and from a game is a big reason. It seems like every weekend there are road closures either for construction or a festival, marathon...

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I'd say that traffic and the hassle to get to and from a game is a big reason. It seems like every weekend there are road closures either for construction or a festival, marathon...
    The Jays averaged a home attendance of 29,327 this season in the same building. In my opinion, people that want to go to a game will over come those things and get there. I would say Argos marketing is a bigger issue. Every home game I've been to this year someone has asked me "The Argos are playing today?" If people don't know they are playing, they can't make arrangements to get there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    The Jays averaged a home attendance of 29,327 this season in the same building. In my opinion, people that want to go to a game will over come those things and get there. I would say Argos marketing is a bigger issue. Every home game I've been to this year someone has asked me "The Argos are playing today?" If people don't know they are playing, they can't make arrangements to get there.
    Well we already know that the majority of Argonauts fans are from the 905 Area Code. Perhaps the Blue Jays draw more from the 416?

Plus the Blue Jays play 162 games so there's almost always a Jays game.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Well we already know that the majority of Argonauts fans are from the 905 Area Code. Perhaps the Blue Jays draw more from the 416?
    If so, why?

Plus the Blue Jays play 162 games so there's almost always a Jays game.
    Another reason the Argos need to do better at making people aware of when they play.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If so, why?

Another reason the Argos need to do better at making people aware of when they play.
    Amen. T-Bone and I stopped by the Real Sports store in the ACC before walking over to the Dome on Saturday and the employee asked us whether there was an Argo game that day. This is a problem for the team, they aren't getting the message out there that they're even playing! People cannot go to something they know nothing of.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022