Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Maybe we could try a little argofans.com project. Everybody pick a different section of the stadium, and let's all try to do a good estimate of how many people are in that section at, say, the start of the 2nd quarter. Add in a percentage for the number of people out of their seats.

I will sometimes amuse myself by estimating the attendance in a "typical" section of Skydome - perhaps you decide that section 134A is 60% full - and scaling that up by the actual Skydome capacity for football. One challenge is knowing what 100% full would actually mean. What's the capacity for football? I've seen different numbers.

• 49,290 ( http://www.rogerscentre.com/about/facts.jsp )
    • 52,230 ( CFL statement that 2007 grey cup game was sold out )
    • 31,074 ("Canadian Football" capacity in wikipedia article, presumably that's without the 500 level)

so if 134A is 30% full and that seems about average, then you'd figure 60% of 31,074 = 18,644

Or we could just take a few high-res pictures and count actual heads :-)
    My section (228) has been really empty for the past 2 games.

Also I think that like most professional sports teams that the Argonauts report Paid Attendance, not actual attendance.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I mentioned after the game that I thought 10 thou where there. I even joked about my head count of 10 thou and two others yelled I counted 10,121 and I was at 9 thou, thanks. Joking at the time but all of us were just sad about the sorry arsed state of things.

I'm not sure what the hell Braley is thinking at this point by not giving a shite and running the team off a huge cliff. How does this help him make any sale, let alone any money on that sale? Seems like our only hope is MLSE or folding. This is very different then at any other time with any hurting CFL team. Rogers is kicking the Argos to the curb in a few years. If a sale isn't made to some very rich owner who can build a stadium or MLSE NOW we will be screwed.

Every team needs to be marketed well before the season starts as Toronto is a one team town with people hoping back and forth between the rest. TFC seems to have hit the mark bigtime thanks to MLSE this year.

As diehard fans we just can only sit back and watch the slide down the cliff continue and hope for some sort of miracle. For the first time ever, I have no faith in a miracle if something positive doesn't happen very soon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    so if 134A is 30% full and that seems about average, then you'd figure 60% of 31,074 = 18,644
    aargh. "so if 134A is 60% full", etc.

signed,
    "believe it or not I actually have a math degree"

Also, I'm sure we've all noticed that attendance seems to be at its worst right at the moment of kickoff, and picks up considerably by the 2nd quarter.

Maybe this is a Toronto thing, we all like to arrive late, but if you catch yourself looking around at kickoff and thinking "wow,are there really only 6,000 people here?", be sure to run another estimate half an hour later.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    aargh. "so if 134A is 60% full", etc.

signed,
    "believe it or not I actually have a math degree"

Also, I'm sure we've all noticed that attendance seems to be at its worst right at the moment of kickoff, and picks up considerably by the 2nd quarter.

Maybe this is a Toronto thing, we all like to arrive late, but if you catch yourself looking around at kickoff and thinking "wow,are there really only 6,000 people here?", be sure to run another estimate half an hour later.
    I think it's a stuck in Toronto traffic thing. Weekday games are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I mentioned after the game that I thought 10 thou where there. I even joked about my head count of 10 thou and two others yelled I counted 10,121 and I was at 9 thou, thanks. Joking at the time but all of us were just sad about the sorry arsed state of things.

I'm not sure what the hell Braley is thinking at this point by not giving a shite and running the team off a huge cliff. How does this help him make any sale, let alone any money on that sale? Seems like our only hope is MLSE or folding. This is very different then at any other time with any hurting CFL team. Rogers is kicking the Argos to the curb in a few years. If a sale isn't made to some very rich owner who can build a stadium or MLSE NOW we will be screwed.

Every team needs to be marketed well before the season starts as Toronto is a one team town with people hoping back and forth between the rest. TFC seems to have hit the mark bigtime thanks to MLSE this year.

As diehard fans we just can only sit back and watch the slide down the cliff continue and hope for some sort of miracle. For the first time ever, I have no faith in a miracle if something positive doesn't happen very soon.
    I suggest that we Tweet @canadiancommish and @TorontoArgos and ask them what the plan is for the 2018 season once we're kicked out of the Rogers Centre?

#Argos

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I suggest that we Tweet @canadiancommish and @TorontoArgos and ask them what the plan is for the 2018 season once we're kicked out of the Rogers Centre?
    How I see this plan going down:

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    How I see this plan going down:
    And what do you suggest that we do?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    And what do you suggest that we do?
    Wait. Tweeting @canadiancommish and/or @TorontoArgos is not going to change the situation that they are both well aware of. We all know where things stand right now and until we hear anything new they aren't going to tell us anything new.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I tweeted my frustration over the Argos' situation to @canadiancommish the other night. Perhaps it won't do any good but I can't see how it can hurt to let him know if you are frustrated by the current situation. The best case scenario is that it increases the sense of urgency to get something done.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wait. Tweeting @canadiancommish and/or @TorontoArgos is not going to change the situation that they are both well aware of. We all know where things stand right now and until we hear anything new they aren't going to tell us anything new.
    I'd rather try than do nothing. It certainly can't hurt.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I tweeted my frustration over the Argos' situation to @canadiancommish the other night. Perhaps it won't do any good but I can't see how it can hurt to let him know if you are frustrated by the current situation. The best case scenario is that it increases the sense of urgency to get something done.
    Of course the situation is frustrating for us fans and I imagine it is for Cohon as well but do you honestly think he is not aware of the urgency? Personally, I think tweeting him or the Argos for an answer about something that is still a work in progress is pointless. Of course to each their own.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post

That about sums it up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Of course the situation is frustrating for us fans and I imagine it is for Cohon as well but do you honestly think he is not aware of the urgency? Personally, I think tweeting him or the Argos for an answer about something that is still a work in progress is pointless. Of course to each their own.
    I am not expecting an answer from Cohon and I don't think that anyone who tweets him should.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Post Bobcat Unplugged

Bobcat Unplugged: When a network devotes a 90-minute documentary to one of its employees, you have to take it all with a rather large grain of salt -- or maybe a truckload. Or, in this case, a pant load. But despite the incestuousness of it all, Pantload: 25 Years of Prime Time Sports, is a pretty entertaining look at sports radio king Bob McCown. It's a tad long -- McCown would have cut these guys off early if they were on his show -- but his fans won't mind. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. ET, Sportsnet.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...2.html#more-id

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Bobcat Unplugged: When a network devotes a 90-minute documentary to one of its employees, you have to take it all with a rather large grain of salt -- or maybe a truckload. Or, in this case, a pant load. But despite the incestuousness of it all, Pantload: 25 Years of Prime Time Sports, is a pretty entertaining look at sports radio king Bob McCown. It's a tad long -- McCown would have cut these guys off early if they were on his show -- but his fans won't mind. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. ET, Sportsnet.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...2.html#more-id
    I think I'll be washing my bald head at that time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think I'll be washing my bald head at that time.
    He he - good one; i'd rather be watching paint dry than tune into a show about that wannabe, jock-sniffing, "major league", "world class", big-time sport sycophant. Good for his corporate masters to be promoting their clown/puppet though. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    He he - good one; i'd rather be watching paint dry than tune into a show about that wannabe, jock-sniffing, "major league", "world class", big-time sport sycophant. Good for his corporate masters to be promoting their clown/puppet though. ;o)
    CFL attitude aside, I lost respect for this clown when he said on his show that he has no desire to interview any of the actual players because they are boring. I honstly feel he stopped watching sports years ago and gets all of his opinions from what he reads and hears.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Most athletes are boring, until they retire. It's usually cliche answers about giving 110% and taking it one game at a time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Most athletes are boring, until they retire. It's usually cliche answers about giving 110% and taking it one game at a time.
    I'm not sure about that... I think it takes a good reporter to ask questions that can bring out the athletes character. When you get the athlete, repeating the question with a yea or a nay, thats media training. It is up to the the reporter to be creative, but still make the athlete feel comfortable

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    No, it's McLown that's boring.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No, it's McLown that's boring.
    He can still bring it on the occasional segment, but mostly he mails it in. He has turned into Abe Simpson.