Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Dave and Dave show ....July 16 4-5

So on a boring, uneventful Wed. afternoon, Dave Naylor and Dave Hodge decided to open the TSN1050 phone lines . I only caught the last 10 minutes, but the question was on the Argos ..... I'm not sure of the exact question.
    It seemed they were surprised, as the phone lines were lit up within seconds of them announcing the hour was dedicated the Argos.... And the lines stayed on and full with new callers for the whole hour. They had to cut them off at the end of the hour.

The few moments that I caught showed fans true to the double blue. Not necessarily season ticket holders, but ones that knew the team, followed them whenever and however they could, and also provide suggestions for a bigger following.
    The couple thoughts I heard, included.... Better identification with the team members and exposure to their stories so that the fans could identify with them more regularly.
    Another issue was exposing more local football teams to the Argos in cheaper seats ... Possibly opening the 500 series of seats at a very cheap price. Get the younger groups into the game .
    They commented that there are many issues like traffic and stadium, that are uncontrollable... But the fans need to care more about the team. Specifically, caring when they lose... Those are Hodges words.
    In their summarizing, it seemed they received many calls from passionate fans. So there are more out in the GTA.
    It was a pleasure to hear and it was much more optimistic than some threads on this forum. One comment included, that younger people don't want to be part of something that has a depressing attitude around it ....

So my thoughts after hearing the small portion at the end of the program..... We need to be sure our threads don't get hijacked from the disbelievers and get negative. ..... I'd like to check later if I can hear the rest of the program .... There are more Argos fans than we think .... Perhaps we can push this to a fan revolution.... ...okay maybe I'm stretching this, it was a long day at work

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Nice, I'll try to find the Audio tomorrow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Nice, I'll try to find the Audio tomorrow.
    Easier said than done. I found this but I'm having a hard time finding a Direct Link to the hour of Argonauts talk:

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcen..._Podcast&id=13

TSN 1050: TSN Drive with Dave Naylor: July 16 - Hour 1

Wed., Jul. 16, 2014 5:22 PM

On the first hour of TSN Drive Dave Naylor and Dave Hodge took calls about what the Argonauts need to do to appeal more to the city of Toronto.

Like I said I can't seem to find a Direct Link. Right now it's on Page 2 of the Podcasts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for the link, the tsn podcast centre doesn't have direct links from what I can tell. It's lame that way. I will give it a listen once "CandidFrank CFL IZ #196 Wk4, Win or Edm 4-0, On the Road to Ottawa, Arland Bruce Concussion Suit, http://tobtr.com/s/6574125 . ‪#‎BlogTalkRadio‬" is done...
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Thanks for the link, the tsn podcast centre doesn't have direct links from what I can tell. It's lame that way. I will give it a listen once "CandidFrank CFL IZ #196 Wk4, Win or Edm 4-0, On the Road to Ottawa, Arland Bruce Concussion Suit, http://tobtr.com/s/6574125 . ‪#‎BlogTalkRadio‬" is done...
    Thanks for posting, interested in checking this out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    So on a boring, uneventful Wed. afternoon, Dave Naylor and Dave Hodge decided to open the TSN1050 phone lines . I only caught the last 10 minutes, but the question was on the Argos ..... I'm not sure of the exact question.
    It seemed they were surprised, as the phone lines were lit up within seconds of them announcing the hour was dedicated the Argos.... And the lines stayed on and full with new callers for the whole hour. They had to cut them off at the end of the hour.

The few moments that I caught showed fans true to the double blue. Not necessarily season ticket holders, but ones that knew the team, followed them whenever and however they could, and also provide suggestions for a bigger following.
    The couple thoughts I heard, included.... Better identification with the team members and exposure to their stories so that the fans could identify with them more regularly.
    Another issue was exposing more local football teams to the Argos in cheaper seats ... Possibly opening the 500 series of seats at a very cheap price. Get the younger groups into the game .
    They commented that there are many issues like traffic and stadium, that are uncontrollable... But the fans need to care more about the team. Specifically, caring when they lose... Those are Hodges words.
    In their summarizing, it seemed they received many calls from passionate fans. So there are more out in the GTA.
    It was a pleasure to hear and it was much more optimistic than some threads on this forum. One comment included, that younger people don't want to be part of something that has a depressing attitude around it ....

So my thoughts after hearing the small portion at the end of the program..... We need to be sure our threads don't get hijacked from the disbelievers and get negative. ..... I'd like to check later if I can hear the rest of the program .... There are more Argos fans than we think .... Perhaps we can push this to a fan revolution.... ...okay maybe I'm stretching this, it was a long day at work
    Glad you put your time to good use while at work! Good job Sis!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Here's the actual MP3 file for that first hour-

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/TD_Hour1_July16.mp3

Very interesting discussion. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Here's the actual MP3 file for that first hour-

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/TD_Hour1_July16.mp3

Very interesting discussion. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Nice, thanks for posting it.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Listened to the show. Really like the idea of opening up the 500 level. Perhaps only on the Argos side. Would be great to offer cheap tickets to schools, minor football organizations, etc. to allow a new generation some exposure to the Argos live. Also cheaper university rates (if this does not already exist). The more people you can get into the dome the better atmosphere you have. If you can get a good atmosphere consistently then more people may just want to come and join in. Right now I see very little reason for the non die hards to make that extra effort to go to RC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    One thing to consider, if you open the 500 level, you have to STAFF the 500 level. Cheap tickets up there could mean you wind up actually losing money if you only get a smattering of takers.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    One thing to consider, if you open the 500 level, you have to STAFF the 500 level. Cheap tickets up there could mean you wind up actually losing money if you only get a smattering of takers.
    I hear what you are saying. But I don't see the harm in trying it. Perhaps the league could cover the extra staffing costs for the 500 level. At this point I think it's worth exploring.
    Besides I would only have the really cheap tickets available to the schools, football programs and university students. You could still sell 500 level tickets at the more normal price as well. It's all about trying to get more people out to watch the games and give the place more atmosphere. Bottom line is only larger crowds will create the atmosphere.