IMO, football more than any other sport relies on continuity, chemistry, and cohesion among its players. It is difficult to evaluate Barker's recruits, especially on offence, when they have all been thrown into the fire at once. Guys like Coombs, Adams, Sinkfield, Fayson, Johnson, and Slaton may be excellent players but to throw them out there all at once as starters in a system that is new to most of them (Adams being somewhat of an exception) is putting them and the rest of the offence in a difficult situation. It would be one thing if the Argos only had to put one or two of them into the offence in spot duty but they are having to start and play a significant amount of time.

I have seen many times on here over the last couple of years much praise for Barker and Milanovich for what they have done with this team. The Argos won the Grey Cup - convincingly in the title game I might add - less than two years ago and were within one half of making it back last year. Yes, they are off to a slow start and, yes, injuries are not the only reason but I am willing to be patient and see if they can work themselves out of this. I really doubt that Barker and Milanovich suddenly became idiots overnight. Maybe we would all be wise to think back to the '08 and '09 seasons and recall a time at which the football operations were truly dysfunctional. Compare that to today and I think that you will see a huge difference.