Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Rumours Barker and Milanovich may be out in Toronto

I'm starting to see rumours of Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich being let go. I think it was PW or Ravi posted something along those lines a while ago but I didn't take it serious. But I am starting to see this mentioned on other sites. Rather shocking to me if Braley is still owning the team going forward, or does this mean a sale of the team is close and the new people have let it be known they want to make a change. I think it would be a foolish thing to do for a new owner to break up the stability Barker and Milanovich brings at this time. A smart owner would have a succession plan similar to Calgary and not just blow everything up.
    Mike Hogan had a year end wrap up with Barker and Rudge on TSN 1050 and the message was then that they all would be back in 2015.
    Everything has be quiet though for the last couple of weeks and now Jason Maas is leaving. Maybe nothing more to than that,a promotion, but generally where there is smoke there's fire.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Successful teams limit turnover.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sources, sources, sources!
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Oh good! We need a new offensive coordinator. You guys can replace Milo with Crusty Cortez.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    I second that, as we definitely need a NEW OC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    It was mentioned briefly during the Grey Cup pregame show that a review of the Argo operations had been completed by Rudge, I believe, and that it was possible that he could decide to let Barker go which would likely mean Milanovich would depart also. However, I can't see Rudge making any such moves as it would be difficult to attract a top notch GM or head coach to Toronto given the unstable ownership/stadium situation. Furthermore, the Argos already have two of the best in the business currently in Barker and Milanovich.

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I second that, as we definitely need a NEW OC.
    The Argos had one of the three most productive offences in the league this season so I would say that a new OC is unnecessary.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It was mentioned briefly during the Grey Cup pregame show that a review of the Argo operations had been completed by Rudge, I believe, and that it was possible that he could decide to let Barker go which would likely mean Milanovich would depart also. However, I can't see Rudge making any such moves as it would be difficult to attract a top notch GM or head coach to Toronto given the unstable ownership/stadium situation. Furthermore, the Argos already have two of the best in the business currently in Barker and Milanovich.
    Yes the Argos are in good hands with Barker and Milanovich. I think Milanovich ranks up there with Huff as a quality head coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    NOOooooooooooo! Tell me its not true! I thought 2015 was going to be a year of stability! ..... somewhat...... not major upheaval! That doesn't work!

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Don't see them going anywhere unless the sale of the team goes through in the next few weeks. Once the new year and free agency come it'll be too late, look at Montreal this season as an example.

Barker and Milanovich are a good combo and seems to work well together. Coaching and finding capable talent has not been a short coming while these guys have been in charge. Even if a new owner wanted there own guys they would see the JB/SC track record and at least give them a shot for a year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am much more worried about Braley firing Barker than I am about a new owner bringing in new people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am much more worried about Braley firing Barker than I am about a new owner bringing in new people.
    You must be hearing things off the record if this might happen. I hope it wouldn't be just for Barker stopping behind linesman on that Hamilton offside play. Braley should look at the big picture and just give the Football Ops the money to scout and bring in talent. I have heard Jim say several times he is ok with however the Bosses want to go, as he doesn't need the job if they don't want him. But a new GM might mean new Coaches and a rebuild to "their guys". I saw enough of that this year on the defensive side of things. The only continuity would be next up in Ian Sanderson I guess, but he is unproven.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am much more worried about Braley firing Barker
    Is there any evidence this is a possibility? What's the upside for Braley? Is there another CFL Old Pro Football Man willing and able to step into Barker's place?

Look at WallyWorld. Braley likes to put his CFL Old Pro Football Man in place, and leave him there pretty much as long as he wants. He knows the old pros will field, at the very least, a competitive team year in and year out, with the odd GC thrown in for good measure.

Braley makes some questionable decisions, but I don't think he's stupid enough to fire Jimmy B.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is there any evidence this is a possibility? What's the upside for Braley? Is there another CFL Old Pro Football Man willing and able to step into Barker's place?

Look at WallyWorld. Braley likes to put his CFL Old Pro Football Man in place, and leave him there pretty much as long as he wants. He knows the old pros will field, at the very least, a competitive team year in and year out, with the odd GC thrown in for good measure.

Braley makes some questionable decisions, but I don't think he's stupid enough to fire Jimmy B.
    Hope you are right Rich but you never know sometimes, hopefully Braley realizes he has some quality football guys here already, bigger question could be whether Barker and or Milanovich want to hang around under current circumstances.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have no evidence. It is just intuition and innuendo, and I hope it does not happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    This would only make sense if the Argo sale was imminent and the new ownership wanted to install their own people? Perhaps they want a more flamboyant coach who can help sell the team (like the late Annis Stukus?) While Milanovich is a winning coach he is pretty reserved and guarded with the media. Barker's "NFL Underground" player management might be wearing a bit thin too. If Milanovich is cut loose, I know an owner in Vancouver who'd be glad to have him!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    This would only make sense if the Argo sale was imminent and the new ownership wanted to install their own people? Perhaps they want a more flamboyant coach who can help sell the team (like the late Annis Stukus?) While Milanovich is a winning coach he is pretty reserved and guarded with the media. Barker's "NFL Underground" player management might be wearing a bit thin too. If Milanovich is cut loose, I know an owner in Vancouver who'd be glad to have him!
    I like Milanovich's style, calm and businesslike, although Dan Hawkins is available

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    I thought Hawkins was going to coach the U.S. team at the football "World Championships" in Sweden.
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...ball/16164997/
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Steve Simmons mentioned again in the Sunday Sun that rumours persist of Milanovich looking South instead of returning and if Barker is let go he will definitely leave. Wish the club would clear this up one way or the other. Maybe Braley doesn't really care as long as he can sell the Club. No benefit is helping a rival I guess, which the Argos will be when he finally unloads them. Sounds like everything is in limbo. Someone is still signing players, but this could have been done weeks ago with the announcements just coming out now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Steve Simmons mentioned again in the Sunday Sun that rumours persist of Milanovich looking South instead of returning and if Barker is let go he will definitely leave. Wish the club would clear this up one way or the other. Maybe Braley doesn't really care as long as he can sell the Club. No benefit is helping a rival I guess, which the Argos will be when he finally unloads them. Sounds like everything is in limbo. Someone is still signing players, but this could have been done weeks ago with the announcements just coming out now.
    As time goes on my feeling is Milanovich won't be back, too many rumours circulating and the Argos don't seem in any hurry to clear things up, which in itself is bothersome.
    Think about the last 2 seasons in regards to how this franchise is being handled by the owner, quite frankly would be shocked if either Barker or Milanovich would want to return.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Where there is smoke, there is fire ...