Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Complete CFL games on YouTube

We are starting to see complete CFL games on YouTube now including ones from this year along with blasts from the past. A couple of recent uploads include the final home game ever for the Ottawa Rough Riders in 1996 and a dark day in Saskatchewan Roughrider history from 1986:

Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Based on the user name Dale Hawerchuk Fan, I'm afraid we can conclude that the only games we will see posted there will be games involving Winnipeg.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Bring back those Bomber unis!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Based on the user name Dale Hawerchuk Fan, I'm afraid we can conclude that the only games we will see posted there will be games involving Winnipeg.
    I hope he'd put the entire Thanksgiving Day game in 1982 between the Argos and Bombers at Winnipeg Stadium. One of the most exciting games I saw from that era, a 39-34 Winnipeg victory, or something like that, maybe 35-32 but very exciting, especially the second half. I remember the Terry Greer option pass for a TD to Scott McGhee...that's the type of unpredictable play that has hooked me as a CFL fan forever.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I hope he'd put the entire Thanksgiving Day game in 1982 between the Argos and Bombers at Winnipeg Stadium. One of the most exciting games I saw from that era, a 39-34 Winnipeg victory, or something like that, maybe 35-32 but very exciting, especially the second half. I remember the Terry Greer option pass for a TD to Scott McGhee...that's the type of unpredictable play that has hooked me as a CFL fan forever.
    Yeah, that was an amazing game. I was at it -- my wife and I were the only two Argo fans in the stadium, I think. We took a lot of abuse from Bomber fans until the fourth quarter when the Run & Shoot became unstoppable -- then the fans became very quiet. The Argos almost pulled it out (final was 39-35) thanks to Greer's option TD pass to McGhee, a late score by Bob Bronk and then a final-play quick-kick by Jan Carinci that almost worked -- and probably would have if the Bombers hadn't had wily vet Paul Bennett playing rover.

In my hunt for research material for the book, I was unable to track down a copy of that game. CBC's records claim that they have the game in their archives, but when I pursued it I got nowhere. It is my Holy Grail from the R&S era. I did, however, manage to track down a couple of clips, including Leo Cahill's great "Oh, my aching back!" exclamation after Greer laid the pass into McGhee's waiting arms.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yeah, that was an amazing game. I was at it -- my wife and I were the only two Argo fans in the stadium, I think. We took a lot of abuse from Bomber fans until the fourth quarter when the Run & Shoot became unstoppable -- then the fans became very quiet. The Argos almost pulled it out (final was 39-35) thanks to Greer's option TD pass to McGhee, a late score by Bob Bronk and then a final-play quick-kick by Jan Carinci that almost worked -- and probably would have if the Bombers hadn't had wily vet Paul Bennett playing rover.

In my hunt for research material for the book, I was unable to track down a copy of that game. CBC's records claim that they have the game in their archives, but when I pursued it I got nowhere. It is my Holy Grail from the R&S era. I did, however, manage to track down a couple of clips, including Leo Cahill's great "Oh, my aching back!" exclamation after Greer laid the pass into McGhee's waiting arms.
    Were the Argos not down by 18 points with about five minutes to go in that one? That is how I recall it. I remember being almost in tears when they didn't pull it out at the end. Kent Austin said a couple of weeks ago that it is easier to take a loss by 47 points than one that is a heartbreaker and he may be right about that.

BTW, did the Argos get down to the 30 or 35 of Winnipeg on the final possession before they quick-kicked it? While the quick kick almost worked, I was angry that they just didn't try a pass into the endzone on that last play.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Were the Argos not down by 18 points with about five minutes to go in that one? That is how I recall it. I remember being almost in tears when they didn't pull it out at the end. Kent Austin said a couple of weeks ago that it is easier to take a loss by 47 points than one that is a heartbreaker and he may be right about that.

BTW, did the Argos get down to the 30 or 35 of Winnipeg on the final possession before they quick-kicked it? While the quick kick almost worked, I was angry that they just didn't try a pass into the endzone on that last play.
    Yeah. it was 39-21 before the McGhee and Bronk TDs in the latter part of the fourth. I was certainly expecting a Hail Mary pass on the final play, but the quick kick from the 35 or so came close to working. Mind you, Wpg simply could not cover Terry Greer that day (he caught 15 passes) and one would think if he ran a streak there was at least a chance he would have come down with the ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Would be fantastic to see that game in its entirety.

One thing I've noticed watching clips from that era is how valuable and underrated Bob Bronk was. Too bad injuries shortened his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    One thing I've noticed watching clips from that era is how valuable and underrated Bob Bronk was. Too bad injuries shortened his career.
    Bronk was an unbelievable force in 1982, as a blocker and pass receiver. He took on and neutralized guys like James "Quick" Parker, and could really rumble up field with screen passes. After his injury in 1983, he never really got back to his 1982 form and/or was never used the same way in the offence.