Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just home from the game .... so my comments are;
    -great game to attend. The crowd was one of the better ones lately, so I'm hoping thats a sign of an upward trend for the rest of the season.
    - new uniforms are nice and I may get one on Sunday
    - The Oline did a great job and allowing the run to be a strong aspect of our offence tonight. It was looking earlier this season, as if the running game was never going to be strong. Even though Slaton fumbled, it was nice to have the one-two punch in the RB playbook
    - It was good to see all the different players receiving the ball on the O
    - The defense was good for the most part, but it was nice to hear Milanovich comment on the radio that there still is lots of room for improvement
    - I thought special teams was the weakest link tonight . Do you think that is more a result of the Bombers specials being better?
    - Some of the players really stepped up and pushed to get their plays .... Bradwell, Emry, Anderson and Ricky just to name a few.
    - Loved listening to Hogan and Tattie on the drive home. It was so nice to hear the football talk after the disaster of the press conference with the Steve and Frank show. Maybe it was just the limited exposure of the conference on the radio (there were some technical difficulties) but I was yelling at Steve and Frank to get to the football game and stop asking stupid questions about the weight on Scotts shoulders with practice facilities and owner discussions .... or is the team really a 3-4 team ... Give me a break ...the game was full of excitement , so many different aspects of the game showed interesting plays and different turning points could be discussed
    ..... It was a pleasure to have Hogan, Johnson and Tattie discuss the actual game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes, the Argos do take a lot of penalties, but there are probably 8 other coaches in the league that are trying to clean that up as well. I thought the OC call on Cleyon was a farce...he was celebrating a good play, he was not taunting. However, Winnipeg got flagged a few times when they shouldn't have. Let's face it, the game of football has changed. Great game by the Argos, who have 2 wins against the West....bring on that Loser Kevin Glenn!!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The Laing call had to be made since Winnipeg had just got nailed for the same thing. I hate when guys stand over a guy of walk right over a guy they've knocked down. I hate that type of taunting crap.

Firstly since the first punt of the game by Waters I couldn't wait to get on here and RIP Adams with his fly by right hand wave as the new Bomber returner started his long run. Adams needs to go. The guy is a waste of a uni.

The new uniforms are way too urban dance club BS for me. They look like those fake jersey's put out by trendy crappy designers. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More the jersey as the rest doesn't look so bad but it's the jersey's that fans buy. Hopefully they'll move merch to some kids.

I want a jersey with the boat logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level

One more thought:

Robert Gill needs to be careful. I like the effort on the YAC yards, but he seems to lower his head on the final hit. He's gonna get a concussion if he keeps that up. There were one or two hits last night where I was sure Gill would get up wobbly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Couple of points to add to the mix:

Watt is clearly hurting big-time. He looked like an old man in constant pain walking back to the huddle. Clearly he is sucking it up because of all the other injuries. I think I read somewhere (maybe a line tossed off by Zic with no elaboration a week or two ago?) that he will need surgery after the season. So props to him for pushing through pain to keep playing.

As annoying as some of our penalties are, I'm so glad we no longer have Romby Bryant. I wonder if O'Shea will cut him after he took two unsportsmanlike penalties.

Slaton deserved to be sat after the two fumbles, and Steele rose to the challenge, but Slaton should still start on Sunday, IMO.

Great overall game by the defence. Excellent pressure on the QB most of the game, and shut down the run. Some big sacks. Anderson drives me crazy with his stupid penalties and constant chirping, but he also made some hellacious hits. Emry had the hit of the night late in the game. Okpalaugo was very strong, and the newcomer Rosamonda looked comfortable when they went into a 3-4 alignment (which was very often).

Gill has speed to burn, and showed a tantalizing glimpse of what he can bring on the first play, when he got behind the coverage for a long gain that was negated by a penalty.

The new uni is going to look very good, IMO, except for the vertical stripe on the socks. But if you are listening, Argos, the numbered jerseys for sale in the store need to be fixed -- the nameplates are way too big, extending over the dark blue sleeve striping and ruining the effect. Much as I don't need another jersey, I might actually buy one of these, but not with an oversized nameplate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    congrats on your largest home crowd of the season. could tuesdays be The night?
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Game turned out well for the good guys.
    Slaton had some good runs tonight, must protect the ball better.
    Much better D overall tonight.
    Some justified penalties on both sides but must say the flags (this season in particular) are outrageous and absolutely kill the flow of the game. Argonauts get an illegal block penalty on a punt????
    Glad to see Watt get a TD after a critical drop earlier in the game.
    Burke needs to work on the DB's timing their blitz's at the line of scrimmage as well.
    Overall they are making progress, good to bag some wins while our regular guys are injured!
    Regarding some of the offside penalties. I was just wondering, when did the league change the rules that a defensive player could not get back prior to the snap with no penalty being called? It used to be the case, provided the movement didn't result in contact with an offensive player or cause the lineman to move out of his set position.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Rosamonda looked comfortable when they went into a 3-4 alignment (which was very often).
    I wasn't paying enough attention, apparently. Did Laing play nose tackle most/all of the time?

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I wasn't paying enough attention, apparently. Did Laing play nose tackle most/all of the time?
    I would think so, the other guy Harrell seems a little undersized to play NT.

Although for all the complaints about Harrell's size it turns out Laing is listed as an inch taller and same weight.
    Last edited by Will; 08-13-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argonauts get an illegal block penalty on a punt????
    This one had us scratching our heads. Atrocious reffing, it looked like they were making stuff up. What was up with the world's fastest video replay last night (on the Bombers 3rd TD i think), who do they think they are fooling?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

Although for all the complaints about Harrell's size it turns out Laing is listed as an inch taller and same weight.
    I was thinking it was probably Laing mostly for ratio reasons. Our only truly *big* DT is the 6-gamed Marcus Thomas.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

I think Aston Whiteside ought to be also singled out for props, he was all over the field last night, and his forced fumble on Bryant was a fantastic play and the turning point of the game IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    So is anyone going to complain about Ricky Ray's performance after this game?
    Why would anybody complain? He was sensational. He finally elevated his game at a time when the team really needed him to do so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Regarding some of the offside penalties. I was just wondering, when did the league change the rules that a defensive player could not get back prior to the snap with no penalty being called? It used to be the case, provided the movement didn't result in contact with an offensive player or cause the lineman to move out of his set position.
    That seems to be up to the discretion of the officials, AV. There were a couple of offside penalties against the Argos last night where it appeared as though the defender did not make contact with an offensive player and got back to their position in time but the official decided to throw the flag anyway.

Speaking of officials, it is nice to see former Argo Dave Donaldson working regularly. Mike O'Shea seemed to be having a nice chat with his former teammate just before the opening kickoff last night. It would be great to see other former players get into officiating.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    congrats on your largest home crowd of the season. could tuesdays be The night?
    I was going to congrats Rogers Centre for converting the field from baseball to football in time after the Jays played an 19 innings game on Sunday...but nah...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    They shuttled Laing in and out a lot. I would say Harrell probably played more snaps, actually. He hasn't done much to visibly distinguish himself, and strikes me as too small for a DT. Laing, despite being not listed as much bigger, looks a lot bigger to me. He also hasn't done much to visibly distinguish himself so far. We could really use a big presence inside.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think Aston Whiteside ought to be also singled out for props, he was all over the field last night, and his forced fumble on Bryant was a fantastic play and the turning point of the game IMO.
    I agree. Whiteside really has a high-rev motor.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    They shuttled Laing in and out a lot. I would say Harrell probably played more snaps, actually. He hasn't done much to visibly distinguish himself, and strikes me as too small for a DT. Laing, despite being not listed as much bigger, looks a lot bigger to me. He also hasn't done much to visibly distinguish himself so far. We could really use a big presence inside.
    Disagree on Laing - he has been quite solid for the Argos this year IMO; and Harrell has been OK at times, and could get better with more pro/CFL experience - a third (maybe bigger - what up with Thomas?) DT would be nice in a rotation there. Okpalougo and Whiteside look like keepers at DE IMO. I really wish the Argos had drafted David Menard when they had numerous chances - young NI with a motor who can play DE & DT - has looked very strong in some playing time with BC this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    How in the world was that the turning point? Argos had a 10 point lead at the time and Bombers had about 150 yards in total offence to that point. If that play would have put Winnipeg ahead, then yes, it can be considered a turning point.

Well, the swing as I recall the Argos scoring on their next downs was 14 points.
    The BB never had a chance to recover as our team took over the momentum and on the scoreboard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    On TSN's telecast last night, they mentioned something about Milanovich being very happy with Laing's play. IIRC, he might have said that Laing has been their top defensive lineman but don't quote me on this last point.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force