Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

Receivers are not impressive so far. Butterfingers.
    In that case... "Earth to Argonauts receiving corps: catch the freaking football; you're all adults that have been playing football for years".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    In that case... "Earth to Argonauts receiving corps: catch the freaking football; you're all adults that have been playing football for years".

It's that they're not making any tough catches. With our guys it has to be delivered right on the money for there to be any chance of a catch. A little high, or a defender nearby, or God forbid, the need to stretch, and forget about it.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Yeah... well, I'd say zero drops so far. BC has done a great job of hurrying Ray, and his accuracy has suffered.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Jeremiah Johnson is back to useless mode this week. Slow or weak might be acceptable, but not both.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

Special teams are going to lose this game for us unless they shape up.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    taking a break from watching are we still losing

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    take it that its, in the books.too bad had a gut feeling we would take this .

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Glad I decided not to go at the last minute. Thought I'd fall asleep on the hour drive to the Oshawa GO. At least I'm home and don't have the long trek after a crap game.

I could barely watch as those Argo uni's where a FARCE. The only thing Reebok left out was a blue glitter handbag. At least the Argos showed their softer sides tonight. Chicks dig that.

Ray was pressured and waiting on receivers all night long. Bad combo. He started tossing off of his back leg and sailing balls. Receivers who have no clue how to get open. The O line SUCKED! Oh have I mentioned SCREW ROGERS and it's jays. The great schedule just gets better every year. No home dates now for six weeks.

Basically they never stood a chance between the schedule and the lovely fashions. Now those uni's can be burned.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Glad I decided not to go at the last minute. Thought I'd fall asleep on the hour drive to the Oshawa GO. At least I'm home and don't have the long trek after a crap game.

I could barely watch as those Argo uni's where a FARCE. The only thing Reebok left out was a blue glitter handbag. At least the Argos showed their softer sides tonight. Chicks dig that.

Ray was pressured and waiting on receivers all night long. Bad combo. He started tossing off of his back leg and sailing balls. Receivers who have no clue how to get open. The O line SUCKED! Oh have I mentioned SCREW ROGERS and it's jays. The great schedule just gets better every year. No home dates now for six weeks.

Basically they never stood a chance between the schedule and the lovely fashions. Now those uni's can be burned.
    my wife whom thinks the argos uniforms are the best in the league really did not like theses ones and her comments were close to were you are coming from lol.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm sure the Ray bashers will be out in full force tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Good call not to go, I was on the GO heading back to Burlington by halftime.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Disappointing game. The defense kept the Argos in it for as long as they possibly could, but you could start to notice them tire as the second half wore on. Logan had a big game running the ball. In essence what the Argos were able to do to Winnipeg is what British Columbia was able to do to the Argos. First half, I thought in particular the defense played well though.

Offensively and special teams a much different story. Tim Brown had a great game returning punts for the Lions, of bigger concern is that he's the second PR who has burned the Argos in the span of a week. The Lions were able to shift the momentum back to themselves with a Brown PR. The offensive line was horrible tonight, which led to much of Ray's struggles. BC has a very good d-line, and it's evident that the Argos have struggled against the better d-lines in the country. How many 2nd and shorts were the Argos unable to convert?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    from what i seen our oline was out matched tonight .Yes Ray had a few bad throws but he also had ones that our receivers should of caught .Run game. the man of steele didnt have the legs to carry the pile like he did last week .Dont understand why we didnt try the likes of our big guy in Dupuis to take a shot.Our defense did what they could ,was a mater of time before they ran out of steam.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well given the short week, the injury riddled receiving corpse (yes I spelt that right), the feeble looking uniform, errrr who am I kidding, those are all excuses and we remember what Pinball said about those. We had the lead with 10 minutes to go in the game, inexcusable to let it be so easily taken from us. Another thing that bugged me tonight and on Tuesday for that matter, was how some of our defenders against the convert just stand there. I get that there is a 0.09% chance that they are going to be able to block it, but I hate that they don't even wave their arms or jump trying to distract the kicker. Just another sign that our special teams need better accountability. I'm okay with losing if maximum effort is given but not when anyone takes plays off. Also, I really look forward to Owens returning so that Sinkfield can stop returning punts.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 08-18-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Must be a conspiracy to assure that the Redblacks can stay in the playoff race right to the end so they don't lose half their fanbase by September lol.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Well given the short week, the injury riddled receiving corpse (yes I spelt that right), the pansy uniform, errrr who am I kidding, those are all excuses and we remember what Pinball said about those. We had the lead with 10 minutes to go in the game, inexcusable to let it be so easily taken from us. Another thing that bugged me tonight and on Tuesday for that matter, was how some of our defenders against the convert just stand there. I get that there is a 0.09% chance that they are going to be able to block it, but I hate that they don't even wave their arms or jump trying to distract the kicker. Just another sign that our special teams need better accountability. I'm okay with losing if maximum effort is given but not when anyone takes plays off. Also, I really look forward to Owens returning so that Sinkfield can stop returning punts.
    Could it be that the guy whom retired at halftime, be the next special teams coach.i am totally ok if he starts tomorrow

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larz-7 View Post
    Could it be that the guy whom retired at halftime, be the next special teams coach.i am totally ok if he starts tomorrow
    I am totally down with this. Tomorrow is perfect. I can't remember when Argo special teams were this bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEZY View Post
    I'm sure the Ray bashers will be out in full force tonight.
    What would make you say that?

You are practically acknowledging that Ricky was not at the top of his game last night. I think all of us could agree to that. I certainly wouldn't say he's the reason we lost, but he's not entirely blameless either.

I can think of four or five bad passes in key situations that he missed, that might have made a difference in the outcome. Look, there was so much working against the Argo offence tonight -- all those injuries, short week, tough opponent -- that there was no way we were going to win if Ricky was going to play sub-par (for him) football.

We can't ask any QB to be at the top of his game 100% of the time. But 50% isn't good enough when his team really needs more from him. When a great team faces difficult circumstances, its top players need to raise the level of their game to have any chance of winning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Watched the first 3 quarters last night then up at 4am to catch the 4th before going to work at 5am. I thought Logan Harrel was disruptive all night, easliy his best game. Shea Emry has really stepped up the last 3 games, out D looked good, but in the 4th the short week just caught up with them. A couple plays here & there (Underwood should have had a pick), Tim Brown killed us all night (huge illegal block on his first big return that was missed)...overall, the Argos did lead going into the 4th, which was a huge feat. Edmonton can be beaten Saturday.

I hate losing to a Kevin Glenn lead team....

BTW What was the attendance? It seems CFL boxscores have gotten away from posting attendance...
    Last edited by gilthethrill; 08-18-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I could barely watch as those Argo uni's were a FARCE. The only thing Reebok left out was a blue glitter handbag. At least the Argos showed their softer sides tonight. Now those uni's can be burned.
    Ya, the "gay"dars were sure pinging around those powder blue & white, fluffy uniforms last night. No wonder the Argos lost, having to play looking, and feeling like twinks, while BC was dressed for success and dark evil.