Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I used the word "Pansy" as a synonym for wimpy. No homosexual connotation intended.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Nice double standard Wobbler. You'll see my PM. Nazi's are alive and well and running the show on this site.
    Sorry for my earlier harsh comment - I don't actually disagree with *all* of your posts, 1argo.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ditto on special teams. Punt coverage, returns put us in a hole and with a low scoring game may have cost us the win. Need a more balance offence. Establish a run game and it will open up the pass game. We all know that that so don't get why it is not working. I think this offence was built around the pass and protecting the passer and now with a weak reciever core we have neither the run or the pass.

Thank God the rest of the east is a mess right now also. Good year for an expansion team to join, they can actually contend for a playoff spot.

Was at CNE before the game and from the chairlift ride had my1st look at BMO. Yeah if that is the only option, it will work. The end zones though will be a huge project.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    Ditto on special teams. Punt coverage, returns put us in a hole and with a low scoring game may have cost us the win. Need a more balance offence. Establish a run game and it will open up the pass game. We all know that that so don't get why it is not working. I think this offence was built around the pass and protecting the passer and now with a weak reciever core we have neither the run or the pass.
    Five days earlier we ran for something like 174 yards, so I don't agree we don't have the run as an option, altho I agree this is definitely a pass-first offence. No question Slaton is better than Johnson, but I still think we need to run more. It was interesting (and surprising) to see that we had both Steele and Johnson in the game for a few snaps. I hope (but doubt) Milanovich and Brady are considering some twin-tailback looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I used the word "Pansy" as a synonym for wimpy. No homosexual connotation intended.
    Regardless of intention, many individuals do perceive that word as anti-gay, or at least intolerant. Given that, I would suggest there is no need to use it when there are other words that don't offend and would still convey the intended meaning.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Five days earlier we ran for something like 174 yards, so I don't agree we don't have the run as an option, altho I agree this is definitely a pass-first offence. No question Slaton is better than Johnson, but I still think we need to run more. It was interesting (and surprising) to see that we had both Steele and Johnson in the game for a few snaps. I hope (but doubt) Milanovich and Brady are considering some twin-tailback looks.

And we won that game. The run got the rest of the "O" respect and the other team had to play the run and the pass. Look at the games since we have had our starting recievers out. Our run game is lacking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Well given the short week, the injury riddled receiving corpse (yes I spelt that right), the Argos in their feeble looking uniform, errrr who am I kidding, those are all excuses and we remember what Pinball said about those.
    Fixed my post . Adding to the list of excuses/factors for the Argos has to be their upheaval of their practice facility. Shultz had a good column today: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459666
    Last edited by Stevoman; 08-18-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    And we won that game. The run got the rest of the "O" respect and the other team had to play the run and the pass. Look at the games since we have had our starting recievers out. Our run game is lacking.
    The run game was strange last night in that the Argos were getting good first down production generally from it but abysmal production on second and short.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The run game was strange last night in that the Argos were getting good first down production generally from it but abysmal production on second and short.
    Lots of 2nd and a few and...........here comes Waters for the punt on 3rd. Then the return for half the length of the punt. You are correct Both killed us in a tight game.

Side note. Sick of Rob Ford showing up for photo op at half time. 15 minutes of fame and leaves. Just come watch the game. Got in his face last night and was told by security to "keep my comments to myself." Then I really went off. Love it, if he can dish it (feel good photo op) he also needs to be able to take it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Regarding the punt coverage team...I think it is difficult to cover long punts that are straight down the middle of the field. Waters needs to do a better job of angling his punts between the numbers and the sidelines. Having said that, I realize that on Brown's first big return, the punt was perfect. The coverage was also good, but the tackling wasn't. I fail to see how that is the responsibility of Jim Daley.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I had the same impression after the game, Ravi, but after looking at the stats I see that only two of our seventeen possessions ended with a failure to convert on the ground. And in both cases we were stopped around our own 35, so it's not like we were either near scoring range or trapped near our own end zone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Regarding the punt coverage team...I think it is difficult to cover long punts that are straight down the middle of the field. Waters needs to do a better job of angling his punts between the numbers and the sidelines. Having said that, I realize that on Brown's first big return, the punt was perfect. The coverage was also good, but the tackling wasn't. I fail to see how that is the responsibility of Jim Daley.
    Those are good points. I do wonder if we have the right personnel on special teams when so many returns result in big yardage. When, oh when, is JB going to get Cory Greenwood signed to a contract?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I think this falls on bad play calling by the coaching staff. If you run for 8 yards on first down, don't line up in the very same formation on second down. Give them a different look, bounce it outside, whatever, just don't run the same play you did on first down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think this falls on bad play calling by the coaching staff. If you run for 8 yards on first down, don't line up in the very same formation on second down. Give them a different look, bounce it outside, whatever, just don't run the same play you did on first down.
    Good point. I remember one time they were 2nd and 1 yard to go. Thought it was a good time to send in Gale for a couple of QB sneaks if neccessary. Instead a Ray handoff to Steele deep in the back field, which everybody including the Lions knew was coming, and a resulted in a loss of a couple yards. Poor play selection IMO. Maybe if Owens was in the game Ricky would have faked the hand off and do a quick out pass, but not with the group he has right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Those are good points. I do wonder if we have the right personnel on special teams when so many returns result in big yardage. When, oh when, is JB going to get Cory Greenwood signed to a contract?
    As we have seen many times in the past in such situations, Greenwood's agent has probably advised him to wait until after the NFL season has started just in case anyone needs a veteran linebacker/special teams player due to injury or dissatisfaction with their current players (although any team would likely go for a younger, cheaper player). I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Greenwood until next season, if ever.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force