Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Watched the first 3 quarters last night then up at 4am to catch the 4th before going to work at 5am. I thought Logan Harrel was disruptive all night, easliy his best game. Shea Emry has really stepped up the last 3 games, out D looked good, but in the 4th the short week just caught up with them. A couple plays here & there (Underwood should have had a pick), Tim Brown killed us all night (huge illegal block on his first big return that was missed)...overall, the Argos did lead going into the 4th, which was a huge feat. Edmonton can be beaten Saturday.

I hate losing to a Kevin Glenn lead team....

BTW What was the attendance? It seems CFL boxscores have gotten away from posting attendance...
    X2. This was a very intense game on the line of scrimmage and the Argos just ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. Like someone else mentioned, I was hoping Milanovich would try some passes to one of their TE/FB's (Robinson or Dupuis) as the WR's couldn't get open. Hope they can get King back on the Oline as Smith wears down when playing full time. BC has a good defense but I believe a healthy rested Argo team can beat them.

New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Attendance was a season high 18,283.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEZY View Post
    I'm sure the Ray bashers will be out in full force tonight.
    You mean the gay bashers? Because that's what some of the comments about the uniform sound like to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Special teams are a complete mess. We can't break a punt return, rarely gain much on kickoff returns, and surrender massive return after massive return. I am starting to see why Sask fans hated Daley so much.

The defence played well overall, a couple of costly breakdowns but otherwise stout against the pass, with good pressure on the QB from Harrell, Okpalaugo and Rosamonda. But too many times we got burned by runs on plays where it was obvious B.C. was going to run.

The o-line, especially Van Zeyl and Smith, got completely manhandled. Sask has a great pass rush but IMO B.C. has the nastiest, biggest front seven in the league. That defence of theirs looked really strong, albeit against a weak receiving corps that is held together at the moment by dental floss.

Ricky missed some passes -- I think he over-reacted at times to the pressure he was getting. But he also took a ton of hard shots. He should not have been in the game with two minutes left.

Johnson may as well be cut. He still runs tentatively and cannot block, so there's no good reason to keep him other than the fact that Slaton is hurt. I'd bring another back in as soon as one can be found. Is Kackert healthy yet?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    You mean the gay bashers? Because that's what some of the comments about the uniform sound like to me.
    I thought the uniforms were Flashy...did they not wear all Powder Blue for one season in the late 70's?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Special teams are a complete mess. We can't break a punt return, rarely gain much on kickoff returns, and surrender massive return after massive return. I am starting to see why Sask fans hated Daley so much.

The defence played well overall, a couple of costly breakdowns but otherwise stout against the pass, with good pressure on the QB from Harrell, Okpalaugo and Rosamonda. But too many times we got burned by runs on plays where it was obvious B.C. was going to run.

The o-line, especially Van Zeyl and Smith, got completely manhandled. Sask has a great pass rush but IMO B.C. has the nastiest, biggest front seven in the league. That defence of theirs looked really strong, albeit against a weak receiving corps that is held together at the moment by dental floss.

Ricky missed some passes -- I think he over-reacted at times to the pressure he was getting. But he also took a ton of hard shots. He should not have been in the game with two minutes left.

Johnson may as well be cut. He still runs tentatively and cannot block, so there's no good reason to keep him other than the fact that Slaton is hurt. I'd bring another back in as soon as one can be found. Is Kackert healthy yet?
    I agree with your Paul. Special teams need major improvement. We lost field position in this game to the extreme.

The Oline against a strong front needs help or work. I really hope they can improve by the end of the season.
    The offence through most of the game seemed to struggle and I think Ricky stayed in the last few minutes because he wanted more practice against a strong D. He wanted to make something work. You could tell by his scramble to get the first down.

Johnson would've been cut by a few other teams already.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    The Oline against a strong front needs help or work. I really hope they can improve by the end of the season.
    The surprising thing is that the o-line had played well for three games before collapsing last night. I chalk a lot of that up to a hellacious B.C. front seven, but still. If Wayne Smith is out for any length of time, King will have to come back in, which disrupts the INT/NAT ratio. Last night we started five NATs on O and three on D, which allowed us to sub INT Rosamonda in for NAT Laing when we went to three-four look. We won't be able to do that if King returns to the starting o-line -- an INT would need to come out from the d-line when Rosamonda subs in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    The surprising thing is that the o-line had played well for three games before collapsing last night. I chalk a lot of that up to a hellacious B.C. front seven, but still. If Wayne Smith is out for any length of time, King will have to come back in, which disrupts the INT/NAT ratio. Last night we started five NATs on O and three on D, which allowed us to sub INT Rosamonda in for NAT Laing when we went to three-four look. We won't be able to do that if King returns to the starting o-line -- an INT would need to come out from the d-line when Rosamonda subs in.
    If Smith is out for next week, could we chance starting Mitchell at Guard? Was either Mitchell or Adjei dressed last night? Could Adjei start in place of an International Receiver?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    But he also took a ton of hard shots. He should not have been in the game with two minutes left.
    Johnson may as well be cut. He still runs tentatively and cannot block, so there's no good reason to keep him other than the fact that Slaton is hurt. I'd bring another back in as soon as one can be found.
    When Daley was hired I lamented that fact, using arguably the largest, most colourful font ever seen on this site : ))
    Leaving Ray in the game: such things really make you wonder.
    Re: Johnson - yes, a better RB needs to be brought on board asap. It shouldn't be difficult to find one. (For that matter, it was always apparent that Charles or Ford would have fit the bill. But noooo...)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    When Daley was hired I lamented that fact, using arguably the largest, most colourful font ever seen on this site : ))
    Leaving Ray in the game: such things really make you wonder.
    Re: Johnson - yes, a better RB needs to be brought on board asap. It shouldn't be difficult to find one. (For that matter, it was always apparent that Charles or Ford would have fit the bill. But noooo...)
    Wonder if the Argos reached out to any of the RB's available not so long ago or did they simply look at the way this franchise is being run and say no thanks??

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This game is a toss away. The schedule thanks to Rogers has the Argos climbing mountains every year. Just imagine how good this team would have been so far during the Milanovich/Barker era if we had stable ownership, practice facilities and a stadium with favorable schedule. Not to mention the horrid amount of injuries on O at very key positions.

Thinking the uniforms belong on a girls football team isn't gay bashing. It's not like our guys had any option, they didn't created the girly uni's. I just couldn't get over the so called Oxford Blue fading into the Titans Blue. Reebok has been a mess since day one. History has been lacking and they finally got the colours correct on our regular uni's then they toss this mess on the poor players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Thinking the uniforms belong on a girls football team isn't gay bashing. It's not like our guys had any option, they didn't created the girly uni's.
    I'm sorry, but "The only thing Reebok left out was a blue glitter handbag," multiple uses of "girly," and "pansy" (used by another poster) are words of intolerance, plain and simple. You're entitled to your own beliefs, and I am entitled to call out language I find offensive.

If Smith is out for next week, could we chance starting Mitchell at Guard? Was either Mitchell or Adjei dressed last night? Could Adjei start in place of an International Receiver?
    Both Mitchell and Adjei were dressed. When Smith went down, Sewell went in at RG. Sewell also played in some short-yardage formations. As far as I could tell Mitchell never stepped on the field. I did not see Adjei on the field although I assume he was probably on some type of return or coverage team. Since he hasn't played more than a snap or two on offence all season, I doubt he is seen as ready to step in as a starter.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Paul you are out to lunch on this. Girls use glitter handbags!! The uni's belong on a girls football team. I've said nothing about guys at Pride wearing these uni's. I could care less about the fact if someone is gay or not. You are what you are. Frankly I'm sick of the over sensitive BS that gets slung around. Pansy doesn't suggest gay it suggest wimpy. There's plenty of very tough gay men in this world.
    I use the term Pansy often in my line of work. I rather like Pansies especially the many native Ontario varieties. Too bad good works like Pansy, Rainbow, Gay have been hijacked.

The only folks I'm not tolerant of are abusers of women, children, animals, nature and useless trash no matter their heritage.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Ya, the "gay"dars were sure pinging around those powder blue & white, fluffy uniforms last night. No wonder the Argos lost, having to play looking, and feeling like twinks, while BC was dressed for success and dark evil.
    Try not to post while intoxicated. Here's a tip: If you find yourself agreeing with 1argoholic on anything, you might not be sober enough to post.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Paul you are out to lunch on this. Girls use glitter handbags!! The uni's belong on a girls football team. I've said nothing about guys at Pride wearing these uni's. I could care less about the fact if someone is gay or not. You are what you are. Frankly I'm sick of the over sensitive BS that gets slung around. Pansy doesn't suggest gay. There's plenty of very tough gay men in this world.
    Paul is not out to lunch. You're comments are sexiest. Another poster made gay bashing comments. These kinds of comments are really unnecessary. You can get your point across with out resorting to them. How you use language is important and it's not about being "over sensitive" as you see it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice double standard Wobbler. You'll see my PM. Nazi's are alive and well and running the show on this site.

There is nothing wrong with being girly. It's descriptive as in The Argos Uniforms are girly. I'm in no way suggesting that gay men should be wearing these uniforms and not our Argonauts. I'm pretty sure our women's rugby team wouldn't take offense to the term girly even tough they are tough strong individuals. I'm pretty sure some of the Argos thought the same thing about these uni's.

Our society hasn't become over sensitive? I call BS to that.

I had to black guys sitting on either side of me on a bench a few years back talking over me. They were talking about some guy about twenty feet away. One guy says, Whitey over there, Whitey. I didn't get all up in arms. I just walked away. I had another native guy telling me a story about The Whites. Once again I didn't give a rats arse.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Try not to post while intoxicated. Here's a tip: If you find yourself agreeing with 1argoholic on anything, you might not be sober enough to post.
    Ha, ha. That's an old, but still extremely funny insult.
    If I were you, I would not hesitate to buy one of the new cute uniforms. You would look good prancing up & down the stands.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Nazi's are alive and well and running the show on this site.
    Really? I think the moderators are more than fair on this board. You get to express your opinion all the time. A few people didn't agree with your opinion, posted theirs and now you're upset. Are you saying if people don't agree with you they shouldn't post their opinions? You can PM me the answer to that. Can we please get this thread back on topic?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I thought the uniforms were Flashy...did they not wear all Powder Blue for one season in the late 70's?
    They wore powder blue jerseys and pants at home during the 1975-76 seasons.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Game thread gets out of control, film at 11.