Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
OG Wayne Smith appeared to be the only casualty last night.

The RedBlacks have released Paris Jackson and Tim Maypray. Neither guy has much left, IMO, but both might provide some short-term depth, especially Jackson as a NAT. I wonder if RedBlacks are loading up to make an outlandish offer to Weston Dressler. Wonder if we might also play in that sandbox. Seems hard to imagine we would, especially considering we have 15 guys being paid full salary on the IR. Their salaries don't count against the cap, but it's still real money being spent and the owner doesn't seem to want to spend money on this franchise.
For what it's worth, I have heard some B.C. fans say that at least one of Jackson's knees is shot. Considering that he couldn't make a weak Ottawa receiving corps, I doubt very much that he can help the Argos right now, even with all of the injuries. Maypray might be of more use, especially as he played in Montreal and would have some familiarity with the offence being used in Toronto. Still, I would be surprised to see him become an Argo. More likely, Trent Guy will get another shot.