Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

August 23, 2014: Toronto Argonauts vs. Edmonton

vs.

Week 9
    Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 4:00pm EDT.
    Commonwealth Stadium. Edmonton, AB.

TV:
    TSN
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - ESPN3
    Radio: TOR: TSN 1050 - EDM: CHED 630
    Audio Webcast: TOR: Here - EDM: Here
    Satellite Radio: SiriusXM

Depth Charts: TOR: Here - EDM: Here

Pre-Game Preview: Here

Post-Game Update: Argos Second Half Comeback Not Enough

Final Score: 27-41
    Last edited by T-Bone; 08-25-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Should be good old ass whoopin in Edmonton, special teams play is atrocious, defence is hanging tough to their credit, all Edmonton has to do is stymie the Argonauts powerful arsenal of 3-5 yard passes and they should walk away with this one.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Every time I think the way you are Argo57 we seem to find a bit of luck or magic. I tend to think that the nest month makes or total crushes are year. With key guys on O dropping like flies and this stupid schedule we're like one step forward two steps back.
    Not only were our special teams anything but special while covering returns, we have NO returner. I know we signed Trent Guy so dress him. I'm pretty sure he knows how to run straight up field without jogging or ducking waiting to get crushed. How does every team find quality returners to fill in for injured guys but we can't?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos will win this game (assuming there are no time clock malfunctions), but once again get no help from the schedule makers. Esks will be playing on additional 2 days rest.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argos will win this game (assuming there are no time clock malfunctions), but once again get no help from the schedule makers. Esks will be playing on additional 2 days rest.
    Don't get me started on the clock malfunction....3 plays in 6 seconds....c'mon...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Every time I think the way you are Argo57 we seem to find a bit of luck or magic. I tend to think that the nest month makes or total crushes are year. With key guys on O dropping like flies and this stupid schedule we're like one step forward two steps back.
    Not only were our special teams anything but special while covering returns, we have NO returner. I know we signed Trent Guy so dress him. I'm pretty sure he knows how to run straight up field without jogging or ducking waiting to get crushed. How does every team find quality returners to fill in for injured guys but we can't?
    Trust me I'd love to be surprised this week but we have a lot of deficiencies right now (injuries etc), not overly impressed with the receivers we have out there right now, kickoff-punt coverage is an adventure while our return game although safe won't concern any opposition. We have no one in the backfield who can break a tackle and Ray looks out of sorts with the current group. Pretty crap season so far!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree, AV. I am really not that concerned about the loss last night. The team just seemed to run out of gas in the fourth quarter and it is tough to have success against that tough B.C. defence with all of the injuries in the receiving corps. On the bright side, the Argo defence seems to be getting stronger by the game. Special teams coverage must get better but it was actually pretty good until these last two home games.

A win over Edmonton would put the Argos at 4-5 at the halfway point of the season which is not too bad given all of the adversity that they have faced so far this season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Don't get me started on the clock malfunction....3 plays in 6 seconds....c'mon...
    To be totally accurate, it was 5.4 seconds.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    I wasn't able to see the BC game due to work. Did the Argos get out of that without any significant new injuries? Please tell me they didn't lose any more receivers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I wasn't able to see the BC game due to work. Did the Argos get out of that without any significant new injuries? Please tell me they didn't lose any more receivers.
    OG Wayne Smith appeared to be the only casualty last night.

The RedBlacks have released Paris Jackson and Tim Maypray. Neither guy has much left, IMO, but both might provide some short-term depth, especially Jackson as a NAT. I wonder if RedBlacks are loading up to make an outlandish offer to Weston Dressler. Wonder if we might also play in that sandbox. Seems hard to imagine we would, especially considering we have 15 guys being paid full salary on the IR. Their salaries don't count against the cap, but it's still real money being spent and the owner doesn't seem to want to spend money on this franchise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    All things considered, I have to take Edmonton over the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

The RedBlacks have released Paris Jackson and Tim Maypray. Neither guy has much left, IMO, but both might provide some short-term depth, especially Jackson as a NAT. I wonder if RedBlacks are loading up to make an outlandish offer to Weston Dressler. Wonder if we might also play in that sandbox. Seems hard to imagine we would, especially considering we have 15 guys being paid full salary on the IR. Their salaries don't count against the cap, but it's still real money being spent and the owner doesn't seem to want to spend money on this franchise.
    For what it's worth, I have heard some B.C. fans say that at least one of Jackson's knees is shot. Considering that he couldn't make a weak Ottawa receiving corps, I doubt very much that he can help the Argos right now, even with all of the injuries. Maypray might be of more use, especially as he played in Montreal and would have some familiarity with the offence being used in Toronto. Still, I would be surprised to see him become an Argo. More likely, Trent Guy will get another shot.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It might be possible to swing a trade for S.J. Green. Achtung Jim Barker?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Thank you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I like this comment from an unnamed coach which, if correct, will make life more difficult for the Esks this week: "What do I think of the new uniforms? The people who designed them have never coached. That's what I think. They made our jobs tough. Real tough. Our film work is based on numbers. How in the hell can we get numbers when Toronto has a big A on the front? I'm glad we don't play the Argos in the next couple of weeks. Watching that film against B.C. isn't going to be worth a crap."

A comment from another unnamed coach/executive from Kirk Penton's column: "Toronto will have a winning record this year if they quit screwing up on special teams. I don't look at the scoreboard; I look at the film. Their defence is getting better, but turnovers and special teams cost the Argos that game against B.C."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/08/1...many-penalties

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I like this comment from an unnamed coach which, if correct, will make life more difficult for the Esks this week: "What do I think of the new uniforms? The people who designed them have never coached. That's what I think. They made our jobs tough. Real tough. Our film work is based on numbers. How in the hell can we get numbers when Toronto has a big A on the front? I'm glad we don't play the Argos in the next couple of weeks. Watching that film against B.C. isn't going to be worth a crap."

A comment from another unnamed coach/executive from Kirk Penton's column: "Toronto will have a winning record this year if they quit screwing up on special teams. I don't look at the scoreboard; I look at the film. Their defence is getting better, but turnovers and special teams cost the Argos that game against B.C."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/08/1...many-penalties
    Cry, baby, cry! (Although I think the Big A On The Front is fashion faux pas.)

I wanted Prefontaine, if interested in the job, to become the ST coach. Alas we're stuck with Daley.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    I hope we can keep Jones defense on the field for 26 minutes of the 2nd half....similar to what Hamilton did in last hears EF....still ticked off about that...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Scott Milanovich provides a nice update on the status of various injured players in this video: http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/101063

Looks like Owens may be able to go for Edmonton while Durie and Black might be another week away. SirVincent Rogers is likely out for the Edmonton game and may be replaced by Jarriel King while Wayne Smith will hopefully be able to go against the Esks.

BTW, is Frank Zicarelli the only media member who takes in practice regularly? Furthermore, I watched Milanovich's post-game press conference following the B.C. game and it sounded as though Zicarelli asked every single question.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I think the Argos can win this as long as...um...er...hmmm. Has Swayze Waters been kicking 70 yard field goals lately? In all seriousness it's time for the offense to step up, just like they did last year with the 4 game road trip (I know it's not the same group of players, but come on!).

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    If Owens can play this Saturday then that gives a big boost to both our return game and our receiving corps. I also thought Curtis Steele had a good game against BC If the O-line can clear some holes for him he can do some damage and take some pressure off Ray and the receivers. I admit it's still a long-shot to beat this Edmonton team in Commonwealth but I watched them play in person last Friday here in Ottawa and they weren't that impressive. Even accounting for the solid play of Ottawa's defence (a bright spot), the Edmonton offence just looked very average.