Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm going to vote for the Argos on this game. Few reasons:

i) I remember Milanovich talking about Jones (when first hired on as HC to the ARgos and Jones as DC) and how they would present scenarios to each other on a regular basis. I know they probably can read each others minds well, but I will go with the offense on that pair up. Especially with Ricky at the helm. I bet we have left some plays on the books just for this game.
    ii) Our defense is on the way up, our offense is struggling at times, but can show great poise at times. Yea, our special teams is our achilles heel, but I think this will be one of our get-it-together games.
    iii) There is film on the Eskies now, and they have played out all their scenarios being a new coaching staff. There's nothing special left in the bag. (similar to the Bombers)

Go ARRGOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I hope they sit Owens this week. If he dresses, he has to come off the six-game IR one game early, which means all the salary cap relief they are getting (one-third of his not insignificant salary) would be lost. I'd rather keep that money available to be spent elsewhere (e.g. Greenwood). IMO it makes the most sense to let Owens sit one more week for that reason. Of course this assumes that football ops are allowed to spend some of the money saved against the cap. Given how little the Argos are spending off the field, not sure that is a safe assumption.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I hope they sit Owens this week. If he dresses, he has to come off the six-game IR one game early, which means all the salary cap relief they are getting (one-third of his not insignificant salary) would be lost. I'd rather keep that money available to be spent elsewhere (e.g. Greenwood). IMO it makes the most sense to let Owens sit one more week for that reason. Of course this assumes that football ops are allowed to spend some of the money saved against the cap. Given how little the Argos are spending off the field, not sure that is a safe assumption.
    Don't think it really matters cap wise Paul. I get the sense that the Argos aren't nearing the top of the salary cap, and they also have received the relief for Durie who has completed his 6 games. If he's healthy, then it's go time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Don't think it really matters cap wise Paul. I get the sense that the Argos aren't nearing the top of the salary cap, and they also have received the relief for Durie who has completed his 6 games. If he's healthy, then it's go time.
    That sounds logical, but the amount that can be saved from Owens' salary over six games is pretty substantial (I'm guessing in the range of $50k) and could be used to sweeten a deal with Greenwood. He seems to be close to returning so I guess we will find out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    That sounds logical, but the amount that can be saved from Owens' salary over six games is pretty substantial (I'm guessing in the range of $50k) and could be used to sweeten a deal with Greenwood. He seems to be close to returning so I guess we will find out.
    I did read an article - perhaps Kirk Penton's - that the Argos are negotiating with Greenwood so that is one positive sign at least. I was concerned that Greenwood's agent would just tell him to sit and wait a few months for NFL opportunities.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    To clarify, I meant Owens is close to returning. I have no idea whether the Argos are anywhere near a deal with Greenwood, but I suspect nothing will happen until a week or two after final NFL cuts. Still, I'd like some extra money in the pot because I believe he's worth a big contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    To clarify, I meant Owens is close to returning. I have no idea whether the Argos are anywhere near a deal with Greenwood, but I suspect nothing will happen until a week or two after final NFL cuts. Still, I'd like some extra money in the pot because I believe he's worth a big contract.
    Greenwood who played ST in the NFL could also help our cover team. Looking at what Daley is working with, most of the ST is laden with rookie Nationals (Shane Herbert included). These guys just need experience & will improve. Hope Slaton returns along with Owens. If we can keep the penalties down & improve on special teams, the Argos fly home with 2 points.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Slaton and Steele are a good one-two punch. Having Slaton healthy (for a change...) would afford a real boost to the team (if he stops fumbling the football).

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hallelujah Chad Owens is BACK!!!!!!!!!!! While it might have made sense (cap wise) to keep him off for one more week, I am really happy that he will be playing. His biggest challenge will be trying not to do too much. This should be a fun game!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    While it might have made sense (cap wise) to keep him off for one more week, I am really happy that he will be playing.
    For the record, I agree with you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

Just saw the depth chart. Looks like we're the same team on defense, but the O-line has been reorganized. King will be playing LT, a position I can't remember him playing this year. Sewell will be starting at RG, with Wayne Smith backing him up. I thought Sewell plays on the left side, and then mostly at tackle. Is it maybe a mistake on the depth chart?

Good to see Owens back! Don't get hurt!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Sewell got eaten alive when be played LT in Regina, and he saw some reps last wk at RG after Smith got hurt, so IMO starting him there makes the most sense. King has always played the right side (RT last year, RG this year) but is likely better suited to replace Rogers (who us hurt) at LT.

Here is the depth chart: http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/pdf...ug23081744.pdf

Slaton still out. Robinson back in but Molden listed as starter at LB. I think one of Robinson, Rosamonda or Jones will be the INT who sits.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Although there isn't much roster movement this week (Owens and Robinson are activated, Rogers is injured and Gill is "injured"), the receiving corps is structured differently.

For years, we have listed 2 WRs, 2 SBs, a RB/SB (the 'Dre-back), a RB, and a FB. That's seven guys (plus five linemen and one QB), so the listed "starter" at FB isn't a real starter and is considered a backup for ratio calculation purposes.

This week we're showing a more conventional 2 WR / 2 SB / RB / FB arrangement, making Zander Robinson a bona fide starter. I have no idea whether it will make any difference on the field; perhaps we're acknowledging that no one else can play Durie's position and that we'll use our FB more this week? If so we should have done this two weeks ago, IMO, instead of hoping that Gill could do the job.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Although there isn't much roster movement this week (Owens and Robinson are activated, Rogers is injured and Gill is "injured"), the receiving corps is structured differently.

For years, we have listed 2 WRs, 2 SBs, a RB/SB (the 'Dre-back), a RB, and a FB. That's seven guys (plus five linemen and one QB), so the listed "starter" at FB isn't a real starter and is considered a backup for ratio calculation purposes.

This week we're showing a more conventional 2 WR / 2 SB / RB / FB arrangement, making Zander Robinson a bona fide starter. I have no idea whether it will make any difference on the field; perhaps we're acknowledging that no one else can play Durie's position and that we'll use our FB more this week? If so we should have done this two weeks ago, IMO, instead of hoping that Gill could do the job.
    I thought that Gill played well in the Winnipeg game but he took a couple of hard hits which caused injury and rendered him ineffective for the B.C. game. It seems to me that the Argos have been using their FB/TE more over the last couple of games and it worked better against Winnipeg than B.C. I noticed that Dupuis struggled with his blocking assignments during the B.C. game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Some good news: Despite what last week's depth chart claimed, Jarred Fayson is apparently on the 1 game IR, not the 6 game. With Owens rejoining the active roster, we now have "only" eight players on the long-term IR list.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post

This week we're showing a more conventional 2 WR / 2 SB / RB / FB arrangement, making Zander Robinson a bona fide starter. I have no idea whether it will make any difference on the field; perhaps we're acknowledging that no one else can play Durie's position and that we'll use our FB more this week?
    It's great to have Robinson or Dupuis into the lineup on a regular basis. It will help the running game, and both these guys know how to catch a ball and what to do with it. I get the feeling there will be some new offensive wrinkles to go along with this new alignment.

But they're really not FBs, they still line up mostly in the slot and they play mostly like TEs. We need a new name for this position. Slot end?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's great to have Robinson or Dupuis into the lineup on a regular basis. It will help the running game, and both these guys know how to catch a ball and what to do with it. I get the feeling there will be some new offensive wrinkles to go along with this new alignment.

But they're really not FBs, they still line up mostly in the slot and they play mostly like TEs. We need a new name for this position. Slot end?
    Most football people refer to this as an H-back.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    With the weather being nice today I just can't watch the game live at 4pm...PVR is the greatest thing ever...my kickoff will be around 830....Mike Reilly will get slapped around tonight & will not finish the game...