Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post
    I don't think injuries can explain the poor defence. Argos have given up more points than any other team in the league. Shea Emry has been terrible. Numerous bad penalties are taken, allowing their oponents to extend drives. They miss Pat Watkins, as their secondary is very weak. Dwight Anderson has been a joke. Do you actually watch the games?
    Yes, pretty well every game for the last 35-40 years.

I'm not going to dispute that Pat Watkins is a huge loss, but I'm pretty sure that Jones had all but signed him before making his official move to Edmonton. As for the points surrendered, the defence has really improved over the last 6 games or so. Don't only look at the points scored, as big kick returns and turnovers have led to short fields lately for the opposition. The defence is doing really well in terms of yards given up recently. We all expected the defence to start slowly this year because of all the new faces, but they have imporved a lot. What we didn't expect was the rash of injuries on offence. Once the offence is healthy, I believe you will see the fortunes of the team change greatly.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm not ready to pin this season on Milanovich. I think he is a good coach and will make the needed changes over the next few weeks. Its too bad that changes have to be made as this is the time you want to perfect what you have to make the run for the cup.

I think Milo is the new coach put in a scenario he hasn't encountered yet.... change all your staff and many players then make the Grey. ... and do it on the fly, as in during the season with respect to players . Remember he would come to TO with Barker only if he could choose some of his own coaching staff and keep the staff he wanted. Now that's all changed. This past year for the Argos was similar to the previous 2 years in Montreal where the coaching staff had more than 80% turnover. .... Let's see what happens in the next 12 months. The end of this season and the beginning half of next. I believe Milanovich will change things up and rather than hiring reactively can be proactive and change things up both in staff and player assignments.
    Hufnagel is one that can change things on the fly with respect to player injuries and changes. he was able to replace Jones easy enough and also Campbell. But that was only one aspect of the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If what Zicarelli is saying is true, Barker and Milanovich do not necessarily have the financial resources that other teams have to build their team. Having said that, I still have much confidence that they will have a contending team on the field by late this season, as long as this injury bug eventually lessens a bit.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Welcome aboard Blue90.

Everyone please refrain from the personal attacks going forward.

Thank you.