Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    CFL.ca stats credited MLB Greg Jones will 11 tackles on Monday...did he replace Emry when Carter was replaced by Black or were they on the field at the same time?
    I noticed Jones on the field at the same time with Emry. Not sure if on every play or for just a few.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    CFL.ca stats credited MLB Greg Jones will 11 tackles on Monday...did he replace Emry when Carter was replaced by Black or were they on the field at the same time?
    I think Jones is a hell of a player. Emery has not been what I had hoped for this year. If they can juggle the ratio, I'd love to see Jones start to see what he can do as THE guy.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think Jones is a hell of a player. Emery has not been what I had hoped for this year. If they can juggle the ratio, I'd love to see Jones start to see what he can do as THE guy.
    Yes, I agree. Emry has improved since the beginning of the season, but Jones, who also plays a good ST, could easily be the starting MLB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Did Rod Black and Duane Forde mention Greg Jones' name even once on Monday? I don't recall hearing his name at all which is remarkable given how involved in the play he was.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Rod Black had too much on his plate to leave much time for in-depth analysis. In addition to his normal mentioning of players with NFL connections, there was his fawning over Chris Berman and John Saunders, and his ten second updates about how far away Ray was from 50,000 yards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Jones and Emry were on the field together for much of the game. It appeared to me (and it was difficult to be certain because I couldn't see numbers on the fronts of the jerseys and was sitting behind the goal-line) that Jones often lined up at DE and sometimes replaced Horton at OLB. Jones appears to be a serious player so they're going to have to get him into the lineup somewhere. I agree that after a bad start, Emry has played better but he is nowhere near all-star status at this point.

The other intriguing personnel move on Monday was the use of Matt Black at wide-side corner with Gabriel staying at safety. It also appeared the Argos used all of their INT DBs throughout the game so I think they were playing a six-man secondary fairly often. If Black and Gabriel can both start, that would allow Emry to be benched for Jones (but it ain't easy to bench a captain).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Jones and Emry were on the field together for much of the game. It appeared to me (and it was difficult to be certain because I couldn't see numbers on the fronts of the jerseys and was sitting behind the goal-line) that Jones often lined up at DE and sometimes replaced Horton at OLB. Jones appears to be a serious player so they're going to have to get him into the lineup somewhere. I agree that after a bad start, Emry has played better but he is nowhere near all-star status at this point.

The other intriguing personnel move on Monday was the use of Matt Black at wide-side corner with Gabriel staying at safety. It also appeared the Argos used all of their INT DBs throughout the game so I think they were playing a six-man secondary fairly often. If Black and Gabriel can both start, that would allow Emry to be benched for Jones (but it ain't easy to bench a captain).
    I thought the guy with the big A on his jersey played well whereas the other guy with the big A on his jersey missed some tackles, I think making the whole team Assistant Captains was a cute team building exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Rod Black had too much on his plate to leave much time for in-depth analysis. In addition to his normal mentioning of players with NFL connections, there was his fawning over Chris Berman and John Saunders, and his ten second updates about how far away Ray was from 50,000 yards.
    Argolio I disagree, gripping stuff learning that Berman was one of the first people to eat a donut at the stadium, who'd a thunk it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

I thought that Black had moved into that cornerback spot after Jalil Carter suffered a head injury in the first half. Did you see Black playing in the defensive backfield in the first half, Paul?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I thought that Black had moved into that cornerback spot after Jalil Carter suffered a head injury in the first half. Did you see Black playing in the defensive backfield in the first half, Paul?
    No, I didn't -- that would explain it as I could not figure out who (if anyone) was missing in the secondary. Thanks, Ravi.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I thought the guy with the big A on his jersey played well whereas the other guy with the big A on his jersey missed some tackles, I think making the whole team Assistant Captains was a cute team building exercise.
    Argolio I disagree, gripping stuff learning that Berman was one of the first people to eat a donut at the stadium, who'd a thunk it.
    LMFAO!!! Glad to see it wasn't just me that felt this way.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    LMFAO!!! Glad to see it wasn't just me that felt this way.
    I think that it is great that Berman is a fan of the CFL. However, I do feel uncomfortable with the amount of kissing up that TSN and the league does to him. It reeks of the idea that we need this notable American's validation to tell us how great Canadian football is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think that it is great that Berman is a fan of the CFL. However, I do feel uncomfortable with the amount of kissing up that TSN and the league does to him. It reeks of the idea that we need this notable American's validation to tell us how great Canadian football is.
    That's just the way it is here, Ravi. Hundreds of people are lining up at this very moment for ten second glimpses at (mostly) American movie stars.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I think a few of Berman's comments made Canadians (CFL) look backwoods.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Exactly. I had the sound turned down and listened to the game mostly on radio. When this Berman guy came on (had no idea who those other guys were) I made no effort to turn up the sound. I'm was hoping we were past the point of needing that star spangled stamp of approval, but maybe not.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree with you Ravi.
    However, it is the wannabe factor here in Toronto and Southern Ontario which is disgusting and no wonder the rest of the country hates the people and the City of Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    I think a few of Berman's comments made Canadians (CFL) look backwoods.
    Berman plays the part of "huge CFL fan" on his scripted, practiced NFL broadcasts. On live TV, he showed very little knowledge and a lackadaisical attitude. Those are is his true feelings, which is perfectly fine, but he failed trying to fool us.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 09-04-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Berman plays the part of "huge CFL fan" on his scripted, practiced NFL broadcasts. On live TV, he showed very little knowledge and a lackadaisical attitude. Those are is his true feelings, which is perfectly fine, but he failed trying to fool us.
    You can't expect him to know all of the players on the field. How many people watching can instantly identify the revolving door of players that happens in the CFL in general?

I never bought Berman as a "huge" CFL fan I do think that he is a fan of the game. I think that he is someone who does have interest in the league, which is more than a lot of Americans (and Canadians in the GTA).

With all the football available south of the boarder between NCAA and NFL the fact that he can name all the teams and know what a "rouge" is would make him a "huge" fan amongst the football people around him. The little exposure that Berman brings to the CFL is good for the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerkeeper View Post
    Exactly. I had the sound turned down and listened to the game mostly on radio. When this Berman guy came on (had no idea who those other guys were) I made no effort to turn up the sound. I'm was hoping we were past the point of needing that star spangled stamp of approval, but maybe not.
    The other guy with him (John Saunders) would be very well aware of the Canadian game as he was one of the on air sports personalities on CITY-TV and had great interest in the team (back in the Holloway era), Saunders is a good guy who moved down south and has made a good career for himself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The other guy with him (John Saunders) would be very well aware of the Canadian game as he was one of the on air sports personalities on CITY-TV and had great interest in the team (back in the Holloway era), Saunders is a good guy who moved down south and has made a good career for himself.
    Saunders talked up the Argos quite a bit when he was doing those International Bowl games at SkyDome for ESPN a few years back.