Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Rumours on the Ti-Cats forum is that the Argos will be dressing in their Downsview Practise Facility prior to travelling to THF for the game. Reminds me of the story of the 1981 game against Hamilton that Paul Woods mentioned in his book...I hope the buses are already booked.

I really hope the Argos rout them on Monday....

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It's not shocking to hear that Owens is all-but-out, but disappointing that Durie may not be ready yet either.
    Ya, everyone goes on and on about Owens, but to me, a healthy Andre Durie should be of a far more concern.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Rumours on the Ti-Cats forum is that the Argos will be dressing in their Downsview Practise Facility prior to travelling to THF for the game. Reminds me of the story of the 1981 game against Hamilton that Paul Woods mentioned in his book...I hope the buses are already booked.

I really hope the Argos rout them on Monday....
    It's funny, I had just been thinking that I bet the visitors' locker room will either be unfinished or freshly painted (with smelly, toxic oil-based paint, no doubt) or have no hot water or some other disruption. If the Argos really do have to bus from Downsview, that will almost certainly throw off their preparation. I'm looking forward to the game but some aspects of it might be cause for anger later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Ya, everyone goes on and on about Owens, but to me, a healthy Andre Durie should be of a far more concern.
    The Argos have been able to survive the loss of one or the other okay over the last couple of years but having both out at the same time is too much of a loss. I know some on here have said that they should not be so dependent on Owens and Durie but how can you not be with elite players like that? They really are irreplaceable.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I like Durie but an injured Owens was still in the top 5 in receiving yards as of last week and had well over 100 before getting injured. I don't mind him taking a breather on kick returns but we desperately need Owens back there to field punts.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I like Durie but an injured Owens was still in the top 5 in receiving yards as of last week and had well over 100 before getting injured. I don't mind him taking a breather on kick returns but we desperately need Owens back there to field punts.
    If Brazill can give the team any kind of decent returns, I personally would like to see Owens strictly on offence and off of special teams.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Apparently it has been confirmed that the game will be in Hamilton.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 08-31-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think we were using Owens correctly from the start of the season. Forget breather - he shouldn't return another kickoff for the rest of his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The depth chart is out. It could be a loooooong day tomorrow - the Argos receiving corps will scare nobody.

Achievements:

Level
    Brandon Underwood has been released. Our secondary will definitely look different this week...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The depth chart shows 20 INTs and 23 NATs along with three QBs, so two NATs will sit -- probably Hood and either Durie or Gillanders. At least Durie is on the 46 -- if he manages to play he will presumably start in place of Bradwell. But our wideouts (Adams and Adjei) sure don't look like major threats, and one of our slot positions is manned by two guys (Guy and Brazill) whom I would not count on for much production in their first start. We definitely need to establish the run with Slaton and Steele. Maybe this will be the week we finally see a twin-back package -- I doubt it, but we can always hope.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Also, Harrell (on the same day he is featured in the Sun) is on IR meaning we will have two new INT DTs (Marcus Thomas, finally, and Delano Johnson) starting alongside Laing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    And a new DHB in Donald Washington -- a lot of lineup changes, unfortunately. And no SirVincent Rogers at LT.

Achievements:

Level
    Lots of movement across the board, really.

Additions: Brazill, Slaton, Durie, Black, Washington, Thomas, Guy, Delano Johnson
    Subtractions: Owens (IR), Molden (susp), Underwood (cut), Anderson (cut), Johnson (cut), Harrell (IR), Sinkfield (cut), Watt (IR).

I'm not sure whether the Harrell injury is real or whether we just wanted to get Johnson and Thomas on the roster. The secondary has been totally shaken up, but Black is listed as a backup safety and not a corner. The O-Line is distressingly similar to last week's group except that Smith is listed as the starter at RG. The receiving corps looks awfully thin, as expected, but Guy may be able to help and if Durie can play that will obviously make a big difference.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Noticed an article in todays Sun about Logan Harrell looking forward to sacking Colaros, but now he is on the 1 game IR, being replaced by Delano Johnson & Marcus Thomas...surprised to see Underwood released & being replaced by Donald Washington, who is seeing his first action since being injured in the first preseason game in Winnipeg. Yes, our receiving core at this point (Durie is a game time decision) looks underwhelming..look for Slaton/Steele to catch a lot passes out of the backfield.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It's funny, I had just been thinking that I bet the visitors' locker room will either be unfinished or freshly painted (with smelly, toxic oil-based paint, no doubt) or have no hot water or some other disruption. If the Argos really do have to bus from Downsview, that will almost certainly throw off their preparation. I'm looking forward to the game but some aspects of it might be cause for anger later.
    No doubt Paul, I remember the July game in 2012 at Ivor Wynne (Argos-Ticats) when the A/C went on the blink in the Argos locker room during the game and was like a steam bath at halftime.
    As for dressing in Downsview and then taking the bus to the Hammer what a joke that is (if true), players must think they are playing high school football!!
    Argos better be ready to play tomorrow or it could be a miserable day, continued roster upheaval and iffy receiving talent, a pumped up (well rested) Ticats team with their starting QB playing his old team in the new digs, perfect storm for a potential shite show.
    Sorry for the negative post, I have been through plenty of heartache with this team in the last 40 years and have that feeling heading into this game!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It appears Hamilton has some roster upheaval as well. Their top two KR are out, their top RB is out & a starting DHB has been replaced by a raw rookie. If Burke continues to call the blitz like he has been doing, I don't expect Zach to last the day behind that suspect OL. I am still nervous about the outcome though...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Regarding Underwood, his release is somewhat surprising but I am guessing that he never returned to the team after leaving in mid-week. Milanovich had expected him back after a one-day absence IIRC as per an interview posted on argonauts.ca.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hoping that Collaros shows plenty of rust otherwise I don't feel too good about this game. To much upheaval on Defence and the Offence and return games are missing too many key components. Add that to an electric atmosphere and it will make for a tough one to win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Hoping that Collaros shows plenty of rust otherwise I don't feel too good about this game. To much upheaval on Defence and the Offence and return games are missing too many key components. Add that to an electric atmosphere and it will make for a tough one to win.
    The return game should be better with Brazill and Guy returning kicks tomorrow. The key will be getting pressure on Collaros and forcing him to make mistakes such as throwing a few picks.