Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    After having had a bit of time to cool down, there were a couple of things late in the game that bothered me. Trent Guy brought the ball out to the 10 yard line after Medlock missed that 53 yard FG with about three minutes left. Normally, I don't have a problem with taking a shot with the return in a situation like that but given our problems on offence and with the return game this season, perhaps Guy should have conceded the single point so that we could get the ball at our own 47 yard line. Conceding a single there would have still allowed to us to win with a FG.

What bothered me a lot more was the clock management at the end of the game and this has been an issue all season. You have to get more than 3 plays off in 27 seconds. You just have to! I have complained for the last few years about poor clock management around the league but the Argos have been particularly bad with this and it drives me insane.
    I agree with both your comments, especially with the second one as it has been an ongoing significant problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Adjei led the Argos with 44 yards gained in receptions on 3 catches, showing promise for the future although he did drop a couple of balls. He's already better than many of our international fill-ins IMO.
    Agnew also impressed me with the fumble recovery, sack and some good tackles.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    It is a great stadium -- way, way better than I ever imagined. I would kill for us to have one that nice. Oh well.

We were completely flattered by the score. Yes, our defence played well, but Hamilton dropped two sure TD passes and another one that would have set them up at about the three. And they fumbled on the goal-line. Hamilton should easily have scored 35-45 points today despite how well our defence played.

Nothing good can be said about the receivers, the o-line or the two backs. None of them played even close to well. Our o-line has really regressed this year, and if that isn't turned around quickly, we are toast.

I think our best (only?) hope is to get back Owens, Durie, Chiles, Rogers and -- yes -- Kackert, and keep them all healthy down the stretch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I am not usually a supporter of bringing in international NFL cuts after the half way mark of the season, but considering how poorly our receiving corp fill-ins have played, I think the Argos has to take a look at better replacements that may be available now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It is a great stadium -- way, way better than I ever imagined. I would kill for us to have one that nice. Oh well.

We were completely flattered by the score. Yes, our defence played well, but Hamilton dropped two sure TD passes and another one that would have set them up at about the three. And they fumbled on the goal-line. Hamilton should easily have scored 35-45 points today despite how well our defence played.

Nothing good can be said about the receivers, the o-line or the two backs. None of them played even close to well. Our o-line has really regressed this year, and if that isn't turned around quickly, we are toast.

I think our best (only?) hope is to get back Owens, Durie, Chiles, Rogers and -- yes -- Kackert, and keep them all healthy down the stretch.
    Stephen McAdoo leaving the Argonauts as O-Line coach was a huge blow to this team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Stephen McAdoo leaving the Argonauts as O-Line coach was a huge blow to this team.
    I said several times on here that he was the assistant coach I least wanted to see the Argos lose. If a recent report from Frank Zicarelli is true though, Braley did not give Milanovich and Barker the money to retain some of their assistants such as McAdoo or attract some other high-quality ones.

One other thing that bothered me today was how the Argos handled winning the coin toss. When you win the coin toss, you have to make sure that you have the wind in the fourth quarter IMO. I understand that Milanovich was thinking that perhaps the team could get off to a fast start with the wind and build a bit of a lead but I think that he was playing a longshot given the offence that was being fielded today. If the offence was ever going to get going today, it was going to take some time. The one thing he should have ensured was that the Argos had that wind at their backs in the fourth quarter.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    that was a hard game to be at....im so pissed i cant even comment on the game...as for tim hortons field, i absolutely love it! we need one of those badly...

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    What an awful game to watch... I just can't get into the CFL this year... I used to watch EVERY single cfl game... that was before I had a wife and kids.. now i don't even watch my Argos play half the time and I have yet to watch an entire game all year... I just see so much stupidity... from running the ball out at the end of the game to throwing a 5 yard pass with 1 second left on the clock when you need to get about 60 yards...

At least the NFL is about to start... GO GIANTS

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Both teams made way too many mistakes. Ticats dropped sure TD passes, fumbled when the game could have been put of reach, and took something like 20 penalties. Argos dropped seven or eight catchable passes, failed to hold their blocks repeatedly and allowed far too many easy yards on short passes. All that said, the better team won today. They should have won by more than one point, but they deserved to win. We are going to be life and death to even make the playoffs if we can't get our passing game sorted out (injuries are obviously a huge factor, but the pass blocking also needs to be fixed, and now).

The defence shows great promise despite its annoying habit of surrendering large cushions to receivers underneath. Greg Jones looks like a real find at LB, and the Argos used both Gabriel and Black in the secondary for much of the game, with Black at wide corner. Marcus Thomas hardly got on the field so his DT spot can go back to Harrell.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    perhaps someone can clear this up for me. Hamilton was one their one or two yard line ,first and ten .they get a penalty and it is still first and ten

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    My two cents .... Warning some may be repeats....

Great stadium! My hubby picked some great season tickets so I was spoiled. But being only a few rows up allows one to see some major faux pas ..... Or lack of trying.
    Our Defense played great ..... Which wasn't what I was expecting after the release of a few players, the retirement of
    Moulden and the release of Underwood. Please keep improving as our offense try's to get it together.
    Swayze was amazing! One of our buddies ( Ticat fan) wants me to negotiate a trade Waters for Medlock .... I felt bad for Medlock as he looked incompetent in comparison ( evil heehee) don't worry I won't allow the trade.

Now for the offense .... Please get a new Oline coach .... I know our guys are better. Watching the doubleheader afterward just illustrated how we miss the better Oline moves especially for run plays .... And of course giving Ricky time as his receivers aren't as precise as he needs them to be.
    Receivers..... Adams is scared to go for the ball.... He expects it to be in his lap. Twice he showed his lack of effort right in front of me .... I'm surprised he wasn't let go rather than Sinkfield. Hopefully Adams won't be needed next game. (Evan Pzsonack had a good game for the Lancers today)

There was a comment made today on TSN, that the recipe is the same as 2012, with the Defense holding the team in contention while the offense got its act together ..... But if I remember correctly, so did our special teams. Let's hope.

I know that you will tell me to get my head out of the sand, but will Steve Simmons please stop asking F.. N questions about practice facilities etc after a game. This is supposed to be a post game show ..... Ask about the game try and enlighten the fan base about the plays and the game. I've read the trash from Madani ..... Sorry there may be truth somewhere but I know his perception of things can be twisted. Braley may be an old curmudgeon but I'm not giving up on our Argos .....

So screw Simmons ( I've started turning him off ..... Which was quite a bit during these these last two weeks)
    Screw Madani ..... I know how he perceives things for a story only.
    And Go Argos .... If we don't support them then the media will say we told you so ..... I'm not game for that.
    One question ..... Were the Ticats media and bombers media so negative when they were playing all over the place.... Or the stadiums weren't done?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    THE ARGO'S SUCKED......period,end of story....except for Ricky Ray...this team should be embarrassed
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    THE ARGO'S SUCKED......period,end of story....except for Ricky Ray...this team should be embarrassed
    ...... And Swayze!

Boatman
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I know your offense is a mess from injuries but how was/is the state of your defense ?
    Rogers sucks. Bombers Suck. Visit www.ticatfans.com

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Milton Stegall mention in the pre game show if the Argos lose they may not recover this year. Hamilton D had an easy time since there was no threat down field for Ray to throw to. Hard to sustain a drive when you try to do it 10 yards at a time. Very deflating, but Hamilton will have their lunch money taken from them more often than not the rest of then season. With the loss Milanovich record falls to 23-23....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Milton Stegall mention in the pre game show if the Argos lose they may not recover this year.
    I could have sworn that he was referring to Hamilton because the Ticats had every intangible in their favour heading into this game (new home, new dressing room, the excitement accompanying both, return of starting QB, etc.). Today's game was really Hamilton's to lose.

Here is Steve Simmons' thoughts on Monday's events and I can't say that I disagree with anything that he has said here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/01...dium-jealously

Quote Originally Posted by larz-7 View Post
    perhaps someone can clear this up for me. Hamilton was one their one or two yard line ,first and ten .they get a penalty and it is still first and ten
    The illegal procedure penalty was called before the play ran so there wasn't any way for them to lose a down in that situation or to lose yardage. If you are ever going to take a penalty, the place to do it is at your own one yard line.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    It was a labour to watch this Labour Day "Classic". I thought that either the Argos wanted the TiCats to win or the TiCats wanted the Argos to win. Swayze kept the Argos in the game. Ray played just average.
    I was painting a bird house while watching the game ... watching paint dry!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The illegal procedure penalty was called before the play ran so there wasn't any way for them to lose a down in that situation or to lose yardage. If you are ever going to take a penalty, the place to do it is at your own one yard line.
    I thought it would have been loss of down. Don't remember seeing that situation before, but it must have happened.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I thought it would have been loss of down. Don't remember seeing that situation before, but it must have happened.
    When a team takes an illegal procedure penalty before a play runs, is it ever a loss of down? We have seen that penalty far too often this season and it only ever results in a loss of five yards but if the team is already at their own one-yard line, nothing can be done in this instance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Just got back after being away in Europe for nearly three weeks.
    I read on the net during the time and I gather the last three games have not been pretty.
    Yesterday especially.
    The same woes for the offence, plus with the injuries and with the defense not really good enough as well.
    In reading today's game reports and just strictly based on numbers, my favourite looking forward clash of Ricky vs. Zach was one by the kid.
    Is there anything else I may have missed that someone can summarize for me?