Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Frank Zicarelli's review of the first half of the season

Lots of interesting stuff here although the one point that grabs my attention is the lack of money being made available for football operations, as has been suggested on this forum: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/25...s-halfway-mark
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Lots of interesting stuff here although the one point that grabs my attention is the lack of money being made available for football operations, as has been suggested on this forum: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/25...s-halfway-mark
    Obviously Milanovich's fault.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Not as much money for football operations, yet they still raised ticket prices despite this, and we wonder why attendance has been atrocious. Perhaps Toronto football fans are smarter than the organization thought they were?

Ziccarelli gets some flak from some knowitalls on here, but his mid season report is bang on. The Argos are a bad club with holes on all sides of the ball. Dwight Anderson and Shea Emry have been awful as the veteran anchors on defence. I saw Anderson waive an arm at a ball way above his head and totally out of zone to make a play. He was basically in no-man's land on one TD Saturday. Emry has missed tackles and looked very ordinary at best, certainly not providing leadership. The tackling might as well be done by cardboard cut-outs with some of the effort I saw from some guys on defence. A lack of talent is one thing, but a lack of effort and fundamentals is terrible to watch. This Brendan Smith at DB and punt returns was also sub-par. You must hold onto the football especially when your team had got some momentum going. That unforced fumble was poor concentration and a pure lack of fundamental skill. It lead to an Edmonton TD and virtually ended the game after the Argos had got to within a TD. It's the type of thing that's happened time and time again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Funny how McCune never received much love from some posters and everyone thought that Emery was an upgrade. I think his influence is definitely missed on D.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I am assuming that the marketing director that has resigned is Carlos Ferreira: http://www.argonauts.ca/page/front-o...all-operations

All we can hope at this point is that this could be some kind of sign that MLSE will soon take over.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    come'on every one was complaining about the argos marketing this season. Then they can their marketing people and then people complain their not spending on marketing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Funny how McCune never received much love from some posters and everyone thought that Emery was an upgrade. I think his influence is definitely missed on D.
    If anybody thought Emry was an upgrade over McCune it would be because he is a ratio buster and somewhat younger. But I would agree that he hasn't played like he did in Montreal. Could be concussions have made him wary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    come'on every one was complaining about the argos marketing this season. Then they can their marketing people and then people complain their not spending on marketing.
    Actually, most of us have been complaining about the lack of money put into marketing. It's difficult to grade the people doing the job if the resources aren't there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    First the team whacked its head of ticketing. Then the VP comms. Now the marketing guy has apparently chosen to leave.

So we have lost three of the most important positions from a business/revenue standpoint. Is it any wonder the boat is listing badly?

I don't know the ticket guy, but I know that a big part of his responsibility was group sales. I bet those are way down this year.

I have met and worked a little with Beth Waldman and Carlos Ferreira (who presumably has departed altho I haven't seen confirmation). I can tell you that they did everything they could to keep things moving in the right direction for the org. My perception (and to be clear I am speaking only for myself as an observer, not on their behalf) is that they were hamstrung by a lack of funds and lack of support from the top. As I said several weeks ago, I hope to hell Mark Cohon is working feverishly behind the scenes to sort out this mess.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Zicarelli is spot on. While I have full confidence in the Argos finishing first in the east (more to do with my belief that the rest of the east won't win more than three games each) in my heart of hearts I have a feeling we'll be looking at a West vs West Grey Cup this year .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Obviously Milanovich's fault.
    So people aren't allowed to have a different opinion than you?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I don't think Angelo's quip impaired your ability to express yourself, Neely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    First the team whacked its head of ticketing. Then the VP comms. Now the marketing guy has apparently chosen to leave.

I...........
    And when I look at this .... things are changing, so of course some can see the writing on the wall that the job may be changed or you may be out a job, so may as well fend for yourself. In organizations, when change is brewing, the group gets restless and nervous. Some will be let go, some will find another position. Lets face it change is needed. ........ as an aside, I know the Argos recently hired someone (not a high position i dont think).... so it musn't be all doom and gloom.

Unless someone has more information than these 2 positions becoming vacant, I consider it change is happening ... of course I am the optimist.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So people aren't allowed to have a different opinion than you?
    I never said that. But now you're implying that I can't disagree with what some others think. Maybe we would all be happy to go back to the Gary Etcheverry or Rich Stubler head coaching days? Milanovich IMO has done a fine job considering the lack of money the team is allowed to spend. I'm just saying that if there is anger to be had here, it should be on the one unwilling to spend to the cap and not the coach and GM who's hands are tied.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I don't think Angelo's quip impaired your ability to express yourself, Neely.
    I was referring to the other Thread where he went off on someone else for suggesting that Milanovich isn't a good coach. I'm pretty sure that's what he was commenting about.

I never said that. But now you're implying that I can't disagree with what some others think. Maybe we would all be happy to go back to the Gary Etcheverry or Rich Stubler head coaching days? Milanovich IMO has done a fine job considering the lack of money the team is allowed to spend. I'm just saying that if there is anger to be had here, it should be on the one unwilling to spend to the cap and not the coach and GM who's hands are tied.
    You can have whatever opinion that you want and for the most part I agree with you about our coach. However after half a season and last year's playoffs I can certainly see how some people might have a different opinion, which they of course are entitled to. In fact judging by the results in that time period it seems more than legitimate to question the coach.

In the other Thread you made it seem like it was unreasonable to disagree with your opinion of our coach and then you threw another little dig in, in this Thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I stand by what I said. Anybody that blames Milanovich for the teams poor start despite the rash of injuries, coaching staff departures, and an unwillingness on the part of ownership to provide the resources that puts them on equal footing with other teams, either has no clue what they are talking about, or is making a knee jerk reaction.

It's not like I called the poster by a derogatory name or anything. I just said that he doesn't have a clue in this instance. That was my opinion.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I stand by what I said. Anybody that blames Milanovich for the teams poor start despite the rash of injuries, coaching staff departures, and an unwillingness on the part of ownership to provide the resources that puts them on equal footing with other teams, either has no clue what they are talking about, or is making a knee jerk reaction.

It's not like I called the poster by a derogatory name or anything. I just said that he doesn't have a clue in this instance. That was my opinion.
    Ya, that's not a personal attack at all ... ha, ha that's funny. "Clueless I" still thinks Milanovich is a useless tool.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Ya, that's not a personal attack at all ... ha, ha that's funny. "Clueless I" still thinks Milanovich is a useless tool.
    And you are entitled to that opinion...as wrong as it may be.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    And you are entitled to that opinion
    Thank you Argo god. You actually have no other choice but to read my opinions.