Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I stand by what I said. Anybody that blames Milanovich for the teams poor start despite the rash of injuries, coaching staff departures, and an unwillingness on the part of ownership to provide the resources that puts them on equal footing with other teams, either has no clue what they are talking about, or is making a knee jerk reaction.

It's not like I called the poster by a derogatory name or anything. I just said that he doesn't have a clue in this instance. That was my opinion.
    How is calling someone clueless not derogatory?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    And you are entitled to that opinion...as wrong as it may be.
    Wow. Thanks for proving my point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    How is calling someone clueless not derogatory?
    Depends if one thinks a person's specific opinion is clueless or the person in general.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Can we end the bickering, please? I think "clueless", while derogatory, falls into the category of acceptably derogatory. We're allowed to needle each other to a certain extent. But please try to include actual content when you post, everyone.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Not as much money for football operations, yet they still raised ticket prices despite this, and we wonder why attendance has been atrocious. Perhaps Toronto football fans are smarter than the organization thought they were?

Ziccarelli gets some flak from some knowitalls on here, but his mid season report is bang on. The Argos are a bad club with holes on all sides of the ball. Dwight Anderson and Shea Emry have been awful as the veteran anchors on defence. I saw Anderson waive an arm at a ball way above his head and totally out of zone to make a play. He was basically in no-man's land on one TD Saturday. Emry has missed tackles and looked very ordinary at best, certainly not providing leadership. The tackling might as well be done by cardboard cut-outs with some of the effort I saw from some guys on defence. A lack of talent is one thing, but a lack of effort and fundamentals is terrible to watch. This Brendan Smith at DB and punt returns was also sub-par. You must hold onto the football especially when your team had got some momentum going. That unforced fumble was poor concentration and a pure lack of fundamental skill. It lead to an Edmonton TD and virtually ended the game after the Argos had got to within a TD. It's the type of thing that's happened time and time again.
    Great post ! I agree 100% with you, especially about Emry. I would give up almost anybody on this team to get a MLB like the Lions' Elimimian.

This team especially the defence, is playing terrible and uninspired. Contrast our defence to say BC or Edmonton and the difference is like night and day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post
    Great post ! I agree 100% with you, especially about Emry. I would give up almost anybody on this team to get a MLB like the Lions' Elimimian.

This team especially the defence, is playing terrible and uninspired. Contrast our defence to say BC or Edmonton and the difference is like night and day.
    Is this the same Argo D that is 2nd in the league in qb sacks? I believe they are ranked 3rd in the CFL. After a slow start, as others have stated, Tim Burke has this unit improving each week. They played well in Edmonton, forcing 3 first quarter fumbles, recovering 2 of them. To me, that is not uninspired.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Is this the same Argo D that is 2nd in the league in qb sacks? I believe they are ranked 3rd in the CFL. After a slow start, as others have stated, Tim Burke has this unit improving each week. They played well in Edmonton, forcing 3 first quarter fumbles, recovering 2 of them. To me, that is not uninspired.
    Yes, same defence that allowed 74 points scored in the last two games. Couldn't handle the backup Quarterbacks from BC and Edmonton.

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Weren't 21 of 41 Edmonton points set up by Ricky Ray INT's? Also, the defense played well against BC for 3 quarters when again some of those points were set up by either offensive turnovers or brutal special teams coverage. Even 14 of 21 points surrendered against Winnipeg were as a result of offensive and special teams blunders.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post
    Yes, same defence that allowed 74 points scored in the last two games. Couldn't handle the backup Quarterbacks from BC and Edmonton.
    Thanks for helping to defend my stance on your first posting.

Shall we go over how those 74 points were scored?

BC game:
    Punt return and penalty starting drive on Argos 8 yard line for a TD (hardly the fault of the defence)
    FG following a fumble at the 55 yard line
    Interception return for a TD (again hardly the fault of the defence)
    Held the "back up QB to 14 of 25 for 208 (way better than the league average)

of the 33 points B.C scored, 17 directly the result of offence or ST issues. I don't know about you, but I'll take 16 points a game for the defence anytime.

Edmonton game:
    2 defensive TD's by the Esks
    1 TD following an INt on the Argos 48.
    1 FG following a fumbled punt return

of the 41 points, that's 24 that you can't pin on the defence. Again 17 points they are directly responsible for. Take it any day.

And since you brought up that they couldn't handle the back up QB's..lets take a closer look.
    B.C--Held the "back up QB to 14 of 25 for 208 (way better than the league average)
    Edm--Held the "back-up" QB to 15 of 28 for 178 with 2 picks (also pretty good and way below the league average).

And I guess to factor in the fact that they played 3 games in 11 days wouldn't be suitable for you either.

So let me ask you a question you asked me...DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? Or do you just look at the final score and get a pre determined judgement of what goes wrong?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Achievements:

Level
    It's easy to be harder on the defense than the offense. After all, when we complete a pass or pull off a nice run, it's because the play was well designed and executed! When the other team does the exact same thing, it's because our guy was out of position, or missed a tackle, or just plain sucks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I have a question for Angelo V....

While I agree that coach scott is a good YOUNG coach, ...my question is WHY since 2012, have the Argonauts had such a difficult time making half time adjustments?

It appears to me that this has been the BIGGEST weakness of the staff since coach scott took over, please explain....
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post

While I agree that coach scott is a good YOUNG coach, ...my question is WHY since 2012, have the Argonauts had such a difficult time making half time adjustments?

It appears to me that this has been the BIGGEST weakness of the staff since coach scott took over, please explain....
    He seemed to make good half time adjustments last game, but he can't catch a punt now, can he?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    He seemed to make good half time adjustments last game, but he can't catch a punt now, can he?
    The Argo's LOST...not good enough...and are you actually saying that coach scott is good at making these adjustments?...

Seriously, i do AGREE, last game was the BEST effort that i've watched since 2012, in the Argo coaching staff attempting to make half time adjustments, and basically the Argo's still got the CRAP beaten out of them in the 4th quarter.

As a fan your happy with that?

Argo Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for helping to defend my stance on your first posting.

Shall we go over how those 74 points were scored?

BC game:
    Punt return and penalty starting drive on Argos 8 yard line for a TD (hardly the fault of the defence)
    FG following a fumble at the 55 yard line
    Interception return for a TD (again hardly the fault of the defence)
    Held the "back up QB to 14 of 25 for 208 (way better than the league average)

of the 33 points B.C scored, 17 directly the result of offence or ST issues. I don't know about you, but I'll take 16 points a game for the defence anytime.

Edmonton game:
    2 defensive TD's by the Esks
    1 TD following an INt on the Argos 48.
    1 FG following a fumbled punt return

of the 41 points, that's 24 that you can't pin on the defence. Again 17 points they are directly responsible for. Take it any day.

And since you brought up that they couldn't handle the back up QB's..lets take a closer look.
    B.C--Held the "back up QB to 14 of 25 for 208 (way better than the league average)
    Edm--Held the "back-up" QB to 15 of 28 for 178 with 2 picks (also pretty good and way below the league average).

And I guess to factor in the fact that they played 3 games in 11 days wouldn't be suitable for you either.

So let me ask you a question you asked me...DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? Or do you just look at the final score and get a pre determined judgement of what goes wrong?
    No, I don't watch the games. I just like to taunt you and get a reaction!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Can't disagree with anything that Ziccarelli wrote in his article. I think we have a pretty good head coach in Milanovich, is he perfect....no has he made mistakes yes absolutely.
    When Milanovich arrived a couple of years back he was able to surround himself with an excellent coaching staff (McAdoo, Jones, Maas, and holdovers O'Shea and Steinauer) all top notch football coaches in their own right. Pieces were added in 2012 to an already decent core (Ball, McCune, Isaac, Carroll, Horne, McCollough) on D and (Kackert, Inman) etc on O, many of the personnel moves due to shrewd moves by Chris Jones.
    2013 cracks started to show, retirements, questionable personnel moves coaches starting to move on and perhaps some arrogance set in (particularly involving Jones) who seemed to think he could assemble any young talent and impart his brilliant schemes to compensate. Fast forward to 2014, Jones leaves and poaches some of our staff, O'Shea leaves etc.
    When the remaining core of our staff left heading into 2014 I did in fact wonder if Milanovich was part of the issue but as time has passed and more facts leak out as to how this organization is being run I don't believe it is him at all, these coaches saw the writing on the wall and escaped in time from the gong show that our Argonauts seem to have become.
    I feel bad for Milanovich who I do believe is a quality head coach and also for Jim Barker who I have met on a couple of occasions and by all accounts is a very decent man and very well respected in the football business, these guys surely deserve better than what they have had to endure this season, Milanovich has done his best to rebuild his staff but IMO it is not at the level it was in 2012.
    My concern is if this organization continues to rot from the inside out we will lose our Head Coach and GM after this season, under this scenario who in their right mind would want to come here to replace them, not sure??
    Milanovich has looked disillusioned on the sidelines at times this season which in itself is a troubling sign, but probably more indicative of what is happening behind the scenes.
    Pretty depressing when you think about it!!

Achievements:

Level
    I find it hard to be too distressed about the team when we're in first place in our division despite a ridiculous series of injuries to all of our good receivers. Ironically, the only guy who has stayed "healthy" is Watt, who has been suffering a strange long-term injury that limits his practice time.

Does anyone really think that we won't play in the Eastern final this year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Does anyone really think that we won't play in the Eastern final this year?
    "WE"..are just fan's...(except for AngeloV, he is coach, GM, and all 12 players)..haha

The Argo's should not only HOST the final, but they should win the eastern final. Last season was a complete FAILURE, losing to an inferior Ti-Cats team. This year the Argo's (or "WE"), are the only legitimate team in the eastern division. Anything but a Grey Cup Birth is another failure. (on all levels)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    "WE"..are just fan's...(except for AngeloV, he is coach, GM, and all 12 players)..haha
    Coming from you this means so much to me. Never been a GM, but I have played high level of football and coached a couple of years of high school ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Coming from you this means so much to me.
    I can feel the LOVE...hahaha...

Hey...we will always have the 1982 eastern final in the rain....and our numerous Holloway jersey's....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

How quickly they forget 2013....

June 28 vs Hamilton. Trailed 31-25 at the half, won 39-34
    September 8 at Montreal. Trailed 16-5, won 37-30.
    September 14 at Saskatchewan. Trailed 20-12, won 31-29.
    September 21 at Calgary. Trailed 18-15, won 33-27.
    September 28 at Edmonton. Trailed 15-1, won 34-22.

And how much of that was "adjustments" versus just playing better?