Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
OK, grandpa. But by the end of the 2015 CFL season, weed will be legal in Canada, or at the very least decriminalized, and there will be nothing for him to "clean up".
Weed would not be the drug of choice if I wanted an athlete high on the ability to rise to the ocassion. I would prefer PED's of which marijuana is definitely not. It slows down motor skills and mellows you out, not exactly the type of symptoms you want to see displayed on the football field playing special teams or anywhere else for that matter.

Waste of a plane ticket in the long-term...I bet he's good enough to show a flash of brilliance and get people excited for a game or two, but by the end of the year he'll probably be a regretful signing because a) his effectiveness will drop as he just needs a football cheque because he's suspended from the NFL and will want to go back, or b) even worse, he'll add to his off-field attributes in a large city like Toronto where he could pick-up where he left off in the states,...I could be wrong, but how many of these types of signings ever work.

For a team that has discipline problems and takes more penalties than you could shake a stick at, do you really think this guy can really help in this situation?...he smoked pot against the rules and probably understood that he was breaking a league (job) rule. Not even the great money in the NFL could have him curb this habit, you really think a CFL salary is going to see him not take a drag in TO.