Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    OK, grandpa. But by the end of the 2015 CFL season, weed will be legal in Canada, or at the very least decriminalized, and there will be nothing for him to "clean up".
    Weed would not be the drug of choice if I wanted an athlete high on the ability to rise to the ocassion. I would prefer PED's of which marijuana is definitely not. It slows down motor skills and mellows you out, not exactly the type of symptoms you want to see displayed on the football field playing special teams or anywhere else for that matter.

Waste of a plane ticket in the long-term...I bet he's good enough to show a flash of brilliance and get people excited for a game or two, but by the end of the year he'll probably be a regretful signing because a) his effectiveness will drop as he just needs a football cheque because he's suspended from the NFL and will want to go back, or b) even worse, he'll add to his off-field attributes in a large city like Toronto where he could pick-up where he left off in the states,...I could be wrong, but how many of these types of signings ever work.

For a team that has discipline problems and takes more penalties than you could shake a stick at, do you really think this guy can really help in this situation?...he smoked pot against the rules and probably understood that he was breaking a league (job) rule. Not even the great money in the NFL could have him curb this habit, you really think a CFL salary is going to see him not take a drag in TO.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Players have been smoking pot for years now in both leagues. I'm not going to criticize the signing yet, as the smoking culture in sports is nothing new. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

Milanovich even has a past he would probably like to forget. There is always a chance that he may "clean up" his act. We shall see.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Players have been smoking pot for years now in both leagues. I'm not going to criticize the signing yet, as the smoking culture in sports is nothing new. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

Milanovich even has a past he would probably like to forget. There is always a chance that he may "clean up" his act. We shall see.
    You could bet Milanovich is depending on him cleaning up his act..

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I guess that is why the Colts released him in July. According to one report I read, he was the frontrunner for their fifth receiving spot at the time. I guess that suspended NFL players are allowed again to play in the CFL? After the Ricky Williams signing, I recall Tom Wright changing the rules so that suspended NFLers could not come north. If that rule was quietly changed back, I am glad that they did that.
    According to this article still in force
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-...0283--nfl.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Weed would not be the drug of choice if I wanted an athlete high on the ability to rise to the ocassion. I would prefer PED's of which marijuana is definitely not. It slows down motor skills and mellows you out, not exactly the type of symptoms you want to see displayed on the football field playing special teams or anywhere else for that matter.

Waste of a plane ticket in the long-term...I bet he's good enough to show a flash of brilliance and get people excited for a game or two, but by the end of the year he'll probably be a regretful signing because a) his effectiveness will drop as he just needs a football cheque because he's suspended from the NFL and will want to go back, or b) even worse, he'll add to his off-field attributes in a large city like Toronto where he could pick-up where he left off in the states,...I could be wrong, but how many of these types of signings ever work.

For a team that has discipline problems and takes more penalties than you could shake a stick at, do you really think this guy can really help in this situation?...he smoked pot against the rules and probably understood that he was breaking a league (job) rule. Not even the great money in the NFL could have him curb this habit, you really think a CFL salary is going to see him not take a drag in TO.
    Apparently some people are still getting their knowledge about marijuana from the movie "Reefer Madness".

It is laughable, really, to suggest that any pro football player would be high on game day. There is no way on god's green earth you could make 23 catches for 347 yards and three TDs in 25 games in the NFL if you were high on weed.

The effects of smoking dope do not last for days. If he's a recreational smoker, and wants to take a drag or two on his off day, it will not affect his play one iota. This is 2014, there's no excuse not to know this. Even our Conservative government knows this, which is why they're talking about decriminalization.

If Brazill's a chronic user, that's another story. But there is no evidence that he is. All we know is he got caught holding twice. Young black men in North America routinely get stopped and searched for no reason. All the white guys who are recreational smokers never get caught.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Rich, to suggest "White guys who are recreational users never get caught" could not be further from the truth. In my line of work, I know for a fact that in Ontario, they are getting charged under CDSA all the time.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    They better have a wheelchair with a couple fresh Doritos Locos on the sidelines available for his occasiuonal use. : )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I guess that is why the Colts released him in July. According to one report I read, he was the frontrunner for their fifth receiving spot at the time. I guess that suspended NFL players are allowed again to play in the CFL? After the Ricky Williams signing, I recall Tom Wright changing the rules so that suspended NFLers could not come north. If that rule was quietly changed back, I am glad that they did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    According to this article still in force
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-...0283--nfl.html
    Yet, surfing the stampsfans site, looks like there are loop holes .......

Where Stamps have the signing rights to Josh Gordon, the Stamps rep is talking with the Browns to allow Josh to play in the CFL. Apparently with permission from the team he could and the Browns would retain his rights.

http://stampsfans.com/threads/josh-g...s-rights.4345/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Rich, to suggest "White guys who are recreational users never get caught" could not be further from the truth. In my line of work, I know for a fact that in Ontario, they are getting charged under CDSA all the time.
    Sorry gil I should have been more clear, I meant to say "white football players who are recreational users never get caught"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    They better have a wheelchair with a couple fresh Doritos Locos on the sidelines available for his occasiuonal use. : )
    Either that or the KFC Double Down :-)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It is laughable, really, to suggest that any pro football player would be high on game day. There is no way on god's green earth you could make 23 catches for 347 yards and three TDs in 25 games in the NFL if you were high on weed.
    The book End Zones & Border Wars has a pretty interesting chapter on the 1994 BC Lions. There were guys who would come to practice after smoking and were absolutely useless in practice but the coaches knew on gameday that the player mentioned would know his defensive responsibilities and get the job done. I believe the team in 1994 had a strong drug culture in the lockeroom but they were still able to win the Grey Cup.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Apparently some people are still getting their knowledge about marijuana from the movie "Reefer Madness".

The effects of smoking dope do not last for days. If he's a recreational smoker, and wants to take a drag or two on his off day, it will not affect his play one iota. This is 2014, there's no excuse not to know this.

23 catches for 347 yards in 25 NFL games...that's barely 13-14 yds per game and under 1 catch per game...boy, Rich, you have a low threshold for ability and consistency. That being said, I never said he was a habitual user but to know that your job pays very well and to still risk your job and pay by smoking weed may say more about his intelligence.

He did not even wow me with a first impression so is really an inconsequential signing.

As much as we don't agree with our posts, I'm quite amused by the "Refer Madness" reference...great PSA from the FBI regarding marijuana from the the 20's or 30's, but I gotta go....I need to smoke me some sugar cubes and practice my piano playing...lol (my favourite scene from the movie, along with the 10 km hit and run scene in fast motion which also had me in stitches when I saw this many years ago)