Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I might even agree with you at this particular point in time, but given the trajectory of Collaros' improvement, it will be a different story in two years' time IMO.
    You might be right...or as I have mentioned before, he may become the next Casey Printers.

In the CFL, you can't run your team looking 4 or 5 years down the road. The player turnover is just to high that nobody knows what the team will look like then. If it was common knowledge that Ray would not be coming back after this season, then I would agree with what you are saying. But I think we have Ray for at least 3 more quality years, so I definitely would have done exactly what the Argos did.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Some of you have scoffed at FZ reporting pretty much throughout the year.
    However, I find he has been on the mark evaluating the team and is no different than today's poignant article.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/02...ainst-the-wall
    He's still a hack and relies too much on cliches to fill out his stories. The most poignant part of this article by far was the reader comment:

When your owner refuses to spend money and refuses to sell the team to MLSE at a fair price the results are inevitable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I might even agree with you at this particular point in time, but given the trajectory of Collaros' improvement, it will be a different story in two years' time IMO.
    In two years time, Collaros will be a free agent again and the Argos can sign a more polished Collaros if need be (assuming he develops as you think he will).
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    In two years time, Collaros will be a free agent again and the Argos can sign a more polished Collaros if need be (assuming he develops as you think he will).
    No matter what we all think of RR, what really hurts if Zach continues to develop is losing our first developing QB in decades.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    No matter what we all think of RR, what really hurts if Zach continues to develop is losing our first developing QB in decades.
    Trevor Harris isnt that far behind collaros,...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ray looks to be in the tail end of his career, doesn't mean that he's done just yet, but he's not the player he once was.
    Gale should be the future of the team IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    1. I thought you did not even see the past three games? If you had, perhaps you would have noticed how many passes hit receivers right in the hands and were dropped.

2. You are seriously suggesting that you noticed a deterioration in RR's play last season, when he set a league record for passing accuracy, had a 20-to-2 ratio of TDs to interceptions and came damn close to being named the league's MOP despite missing eight games? If so, you must really be watching on a whole different level than the rest of us.
    Toms love in for Collaros has always clouded his judgement. Somehow, RR's struggles is pleasing to some, just so they can feel vindicated in saying "I told you so." Ray won us a Grey Cup and had a MOP like season last year. The Argos had to go with Ray, rather then bet the farm on an unproven Collaros. Collaros may turn to be a star, but it's a decision they had to make and a right one at the time. RR is not the problem. If he was then we should be calling for Harris, (who at one time showed the same promise as Collaros), and not dwelling on past QB's.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'd like to know what the Ray haters are watching? The guy has played with backups pretty much the whole year. Even proven guys like Barnes have played like crap at times. Last game Barnes knocked down a Ray pass like he was acting like a Ticat db. Guys aren't getting open or his receivers are clued out or both. We have no real running game and Barker and Milanovich bare blame here as well. YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS MANY CHANGES AND EXPECT TO DO SQUAT!!!

The team has many issues and Ray isn't one of them.

I said this very early in the year but I thought we were do for a typical Argo Flop a year or two after a Grey Cup win. Well we're hitting the skids pretty hard and will soon be 3-10. The organization is a friggin MESS and Braley is driving them off a cliff.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    It's all Braley's fault. He's too cheap to spend money on NFL-castoffs w/ CFL experience which has resulted in the premature aging of our star QB.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I say Ricky should be put down like a lame horse. (kidding) Yeah blame Ray. His job this year has been harder than picking fly crap out of a pepper shaker with boxing gloves on. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually isn't feeling mentally and emotionally burnt out at the moment ... he's probably wondering what he did to deserve this.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    After my post yesterday ripping into Braley once again, TSN Sportcentre had a segment on the Argos and Braley. It might be difficult for Lions fans to believe but Braley is driving the team off a cliff but for what reason? Only the senile mind of Braley could answer that if he's capable. Hard to watch as an owner who doesn't give a shite has the Argo boat half full of water in open seas with no floatation devices on board. Why does he want to devalue the team? How did this arse make his money?

Braley you are SCUM to me!!!! I'd take Harry O or Horn Chen over you at this point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Some good factual comments have been mentioned. My take on Ricky Ray's problems this year starts with the OLine and ends with Durie, Owens, Childs and Kackert all missing. Can't remember Ricky having to run for his life as he has this year. The back up receivers just can't get open like the guys they are replacing meaning Ricky has to pull the ball down and run. This also puts more pressure on the OLine and things breaks down there. IMO lasts years OLine of Washington and King at the Tackles, Holmes and Van Zeyl at Guard and Keeping at Center was a better unit than what they are trotting out now. A lot of the same names but not in the same positions. And a different Coach. With Durie, Owens and Kackert not available for the quick short passes that quite often turned in to big gains and Childs missing for the deep threat, things just compound. IMO Romby Bryant is/was a better deep threat than Barnes, but that ship has sailed.
    Get everybody healthy and I think the Oline and Ricky will suddenly start looking pretty good again and the Argos can win the East despite all the hardships.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I find it odd that in the beginning of the season, Hamilton had several injuries on the O-line and Collaros play certainly reflected that. Ray has several receivers out (I have honestly lost count) and his play reflects that. Now that Hamilton has its line back together, Collaros is playing better. Let's give Ray the same opportunity when he gets healthy pass catchers back before we write him off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Some good factual comments have been mentioned. My take on Ricky Ray's problems this year starts with the OLine and ends with Durie, Owens, Childs and Kackert all missing. Can't remember Ricky having to run for his life as he has this year. The back up receivers just can't get open like the guys they are replacing meaning Ricky has to pull the ball down and run. This also puts more pressure on the OLine and things breaks down there. IMO lasts years OLine of Washington and King at the Tackles, Holmes and Van Zeyl at Guard and Keeping at Center was a better unit than what they are trotting out now. A lot of the same names but not in the same positions. And a different Coach. With Durie, Owens and Kackert not available for the quick short passes that quite often turned in to big gains and Childs missing for the deep threat, things just compound. IMO Romby Bryant is/was a better deep threat than Barnes, but that ship has sailed.
    Get everybody healthy and I think the Oline and Ricky will suddenly start looking pretty good again and the Argos can win the East despite all the hardships.
    You make some excellent points here. The Argo offence is designed to get the ball out of Ray's hands quickly which, when it is firing on all cylinders, makes the offensive line's job much easier. It isn't unlike the offence that Montreal had with Calvillo as QB and Trestman/Milanovich running their offence. We saw last year how making changes to the offence in Montreal made an excellent offensive line look a whole lot worse. With the receiver issues in Toronto this year, that is little doubt that there have not only been effects on Ray but on the offensive line as well.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force